Debina and Ali merchant in Haidrabaadi Damaad

PC_fan22 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Debina Bonnerjee and Ali Merchant are in high spirits regarding their Bollywood debut- Hyderabadi Damaad…

Even though Sania Mirza is nursing antagonistic feelings about a movie being made on her turbulent road to marital bliss by a lesser known filmmaker named PD Garg, the lead actors of the film Debina Bonnerjee and Ali Merchant are not letting this ruin their happy atmosphere.

Debina tells us, "About two three years back I came to Mumbai with the intention of doing films. But fate had other things in store for me. And now when I least expected a film offer to come my way, it has happened. I'm really looking forward to this project. People loved me for my work in television, I hope they like what I do on the big screen too."

Ali tells us, "I'm experiencing mixed emotions right now. I am very nervous about the film's performance at the box office but also I'm satisfied that I have finally landed myself into the big screen arena."

When asked how he feels about Sara Khan getting replaced by Debina after she broke her elbow, Ali says, "Well, it's sad that we won't be working together on this project. But Sara is considering other seven- eight projects for big screen so I know she has a lot of scope and she will do well."

Debina too has a say about being the 'replacement' for Sara. "I wasn't aware of any of this. Once it was out that I signed the contract, the media started writing about Sara and how her accident forced her to opt out of the film."

Does Debina wish that the lead actor in the film was her real life beau Gurmeet? "Well, I believe everything happens for good. Gurmeet is doing so well in Geet …I really don't wish to pluck him from so much goodness just for the sake of my happiness," Debina tells philosophically.

We brought Sania Mirza's unhappiness to Ali's notice to which he said, "Well the movie is not entirely based on her personal life although the outline is definitely that way. This movie is for sports persons what Page 3 was for actors."

Apparently, the actor is facing time management issues. He is finding it difficult to prepare for his debut role as he is now needed more in the organization of launching his Luxury Lounge. The actor says, "The Luxury Lounge that I've planned to launch with Sara and Dr. Jitesh Shetty is a one stop shop for people's needs for beauty with medical care. People will have access to aesthetic dermatology, cosmetic dentistry, fish spa (for fish therapy) and Med-Hair Salon. They can also opt for food from Health Kitchen where everything will be prepared according to their medical needs."

However, Ali is more excited about the fact that the Luxury Lounge is a great employment opportunity for blind people. "There is a certain kind of reflexology where blind people are physiotherapists and the luxury lounge provides for that. I'm glad that someway the Luxury Lounge benefits the physically challenged," says Ali.

Hyderabadi Damaad is directed by Jaiprakash (Market) and is scheduled to go on floors by mid-June.  

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PC_fan22 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
well !!! as i want to say ALL THE BEST FOR UR NEW FILM debina di...
bharat9 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
check out this article frm hindustantimes.com and wht sania thinks bout the movie!!!

'Hyderabadi Damaad' shocks Sania!

Sania Mirza lashes out against a proposed film on her controversial marriage to Shoaib Malik

Tennis star Sania Mirza is extremely upset. A small time Bollywood filmmaker has launched a film called Hyderabadi Damaad, based on the tennis player's life and the controversy surrounding her marriage to a Pakistani cricketer.

Sania's apprehensions about the content of the film have been further fuelled by the fact that the filmmaker has neither informed her about the film nor sought permission for basing the film on her life.

Hyderabadi Damaad, starring Amar Upadhyay, Ali Merchant and TV star Debina Bonerjee (as Sania Mirza) was launched last week in Mumbai. The film is being produced by PD Garg and directed by Jaiprakash (Market).

The film's crux is the drama surrounding Sania's marriage to Shoaib Malik. The film also intends to explore the circumstances leading to Sania's break up with her former fiance Sohrab Mirza.

Said Sania, "I was surprised to read in newspapers that a director is making a film on me and my marriage. I think that a commercial movie based on my personal life is hardly relevant, but I hope that the concerned director will make it clear to his viewers that the film is merely a fictional account based on his imagination.

It is intriguing that I haven't even been approached (by the filmmakers) regarding this. Very few people in the world would know the real Sania Mirza. It's a shame if the director is relying on distorted information he's picked up through inaccurate media coverage."

Hopefully the director and producer of the film will get the message.

source: hindustantimes.com

Edited by bharat9 - 13 years ago
-.Priya.- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wish it was gurmeet in pkace of ali