Five Elements - PanchTatva.....- Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

19

Views

9.7k

Users

9

Likes

30

Frequent Posters

ashasangeeta thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Explorer Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#11
Kukuraja, would this Prayashchit be something like they have in Malaysia-pulling the chariot with hook in your flesh? or just physically pulling it? probably they will show Radhika walking all along with Dev. she is used to the hardships he is a beloved son of a wealthy family-he has never done these kind of things ever!! he will faint or be on deathbed..
Z33B67MZMGMCHACB thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#12
nice post Kuku,
u explained with the origin of the elements beautifully.
very educational.👏
kukuraja thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 Thumbnail Navigator Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#13

Originally posted by: ML2MRKKHGJREF2ZU

nice post Kuku,<br>u explained with the origin of the elements beautifully.<br>very educational.👏<br>



Thanks AVI28 for your kind words ...
kukuraja thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 Thumbnail Navigator Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#14

Originally posted by: ashasangeeta

Kukuraja, would this Prayashchit be something like they have in Malaysia-pulling the chariot with hook in your flesh? or just physically pulling it? probably they will show Radhika walking all along with Dev. she is used to the hardships he is a beloved son of a wealthy family-he has never done these kind of things ever!! he will faint or be on deathbed..



I have a feeling (allthough I am bad at predicting) Radhika will not physically help DEV... she do some Akhand Puja instead.... that is more herstyle.
blokes thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail Engager Level 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#15

Originally posted by: jpalagrawal

I have another question, so what does this ritual actually consist of? Visiting 5 temples in Delhi? So walking by foot dragging a heavy chariot? Is there a ceremony to this? <br>

I don't think there are temples in Delhi for the five elements. ANyways, the story is now placed in Vrindavan and maybe there are such temples there. However, in the South we do have them: Chidambaram (Akasha-ether), Thiruvannamalai (Agni- Fire), Thiruaanaikaaval (Jalam- Water), Sri Kalahasti (vayu- Air), Kancheepuram (Pritvi- earth). They are called the pancha bootha sthalams.

I have been to these five. The Chidambaram one is famous for the Natraja and the "rahasya" there- secret is behind a screen where there is "nothing"- only aakaasha.
In Thiruvannamalai (famous for Ramana maharish's ashram), the full moon in the month of Karthik Nov-dec attracts hordes of pilgrims and there is a huge "jyoti" or fire seen atop the hill that night- it is called Arunachala Deepam.
At Thiruvaanaikaaval (on the outskirts of Trichy), the Shivling is submerged under water. Even during drought in the Kollidum (the branch of the Kaveri there between Thiruvaanaika and Srirangam), the lingam continues to be covered in water- an amazing phenomenon.
Sri Kalahasti is near Thirupati and is white in color. The lit lamps "flicker" constantly even when there is absence of air movement in the sanctum sanctorum (garbha grinha).
The Ekambreshwara shrine at the Kamakshi temple in Kanchi is also the naabhi sthal (navel) for Devi. Devi is said to have meditated under the peepal tree there and "pulled' her Lord towards herself there. Truly an earthy experience withe the devi holding a sugarcane in one of her hands.

blokes thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail Engager Level 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#16

Originally posted by: ashasangeeta

Kukuraja, would this Prayashchit be something like they have in Malaysia-pulling the chariot with hook in your flesh? or just physically pulling it? probably they will show Radhika walking all along with Dev. she is used to the hardships he is a beloved son of a wealthy family-he has never done these kind of things ever!! he will faint or be on deathbed..

ashasangeeta- that is a tamil custom peculiar to worshippers of Lord Muruga. They pierce their bodies with "vel" spear through their tongue, or cheeks or waist or navel and sometimes even pull chariots. That is not prevelant in the North- atleast I haven't seen such practices there. I think it will be Dev pulling a chariot around the temples with his hands or shoulder strength. I have done some crazy stuff too- in the South we do some crazy "prayers"- but what appears daunting initially becomes effortless when we actually Do it- we recognize the validity of divine presence and something physically impossible becomes easy- and we live to tell the tale!
kukuraja thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 Thumbnail Navigator Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#17
Thanks Blokes for adding to our knowledge - I had NO idea about these temples in the south !
Julie0001 thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#18
Beautiful post as always Blokes. I read that post several times.
blokes thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail Engager Level 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#19

Originally posted by: kukuraja

Hello ALL. ...Thanks for your comments..

I really have no knowledge what the procedure of 'Prayaschit' will involve.. [Allthough I am from Rajasthan -I have no knowledge of RajPurohit rules...😆 😆 😆 ]

I just wrote this because there were some questions like.. what these 5 elements are and their importance..I just thought that I would share whatever little knowledge I have. ...and maybe learn from some other people as well ..

So I don't have any input if asking for forgiveness has grave importance - I know Radhika Will allow this to go through and will be further maligned in eyes of DEV eventually.....


Shahsi54 : I think it is better to view this serial as a story of Human Weakness .... Humans are not perfect and everybody interprets will of God differently....everybody does different acts ... with some intentional and some unintentional consequences... Just becasue someone is Shastri's wife or a Krishna devotee does not mean that they are making the right calls or will NOT commit grave SIN or are not susceptible to weakness in general - this story is all about choices being made by humans not GOD.

Better not to view it as a story about Hinduism.. It is a story of man made follies - that is just my outlook 😊

this is not about human weakness- it is about human stupidity and idiocy! 😛
kukuraja thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 Thumbnail Navigator Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#20

Originally posted by: blokes

this is not about human weakness- it is about human stupidity and idiocy! 😛




Well that is certainly one point of view...

But I prefer to see it as weakness... as opposed to stupidity..

Because the weak can find courage .. can grow resolute ....so there is hope 😃

But the genuinely stupid can never change ... they are desitined to suffer the consequences of their stupididity forever.. ( which doesnt portend well for us viewers... 😆 )
Edited by kukuraja - 17 years ago

Related Topics

Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".