kukuraja thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 Thumbnail Navigator Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#1
Since DEV has to apologize to the Five elements.. and there were some questions about it I just want to write on this topic - based on my understanding - others are welcome to contribute as well...or correct me if I am wrong....

As you must know Hindu philosophy believes God is both Nirgun (no attributes) and Nirakar (Formless) and also Sagun ( with all the attributes) and Sakar- (With Forms)....[Different schools of thoughts believe differently]

GOD is Formless and yet can take Infinite forms.... God has no attributes and yet He has ALL the infinite qualities...

But the vedas clearly state :

Ishwar ekoasti, Dwitiya naasti naasti naasti - God is one..... not two, not at all, not at all and not at all....

so there is no doubt that ultimately there is ONLY ONE GOD....

However the Vedas also state 'It started with ONE and then took to Infinite and again brought it to One having said "Neti Neti" means neither this neither that....'

So what is the connection between the NirGuna and SaGuna......One way of understanding that I like is through the formation of the the Five Elements...

From the Nirguna Bhraman came...

First Aakash - It has the quality of sound ....(OM sound)

From Aakash then came Vayu - which we can hear and feel (sound and TOUCH )

From Aakash and Vayu came Agni -which we can hear, feel and see ...( sound, touch and SIGHT)

Then from Aakash Vayu , Agni came Jal - which we can hear, feel, see and taste(rasa).... (sight , touch sound and FLAVOR)

From all them came the Earth which we can see, feel hear, taste and smell - ( sight , touch, sound, Flavor and SMELL)

So basically from the attribute-less Bramhan came all the 5 elements with their 5 gunas.....

Hence God although being nirgun and nirakar made all the qualities of Sight, Sound, Touch,Taste and Smell...hence He is also SAGUN and Sakar..

Hence the importance of Panch Tatva's....


Edited by kukuraja - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

19

Views

9.7k

Users

9

Likes

30

Frequent Posters

KBCFan thumbnail
21st Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#2

5 elements r water, ether, fire, air and earth

Julie0001 thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#3
Your post is extremely educational. So what is the moral dilemma for Rads in Dev asking forgiveness for something that he has not done? From the way that you wrote it this seems like a very serious ritual. So also does this prevent Vish from claiming any rights on him later?
Julie0001 thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#4
I have another question, so what does this ritual actually consist of? Visiting 5 temples in Delhi? So walking by foot dragging a heavy chariot? Is there a ceremony to this?
Edited by jpalagrawal - 17 years ago
--Sari-- thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Rocker Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago
#5
I would love to know if there is such a Prayaschit in any Hindu samaj book of rules.

Is this just a creative team gone wild to create "shock and awe" kind of episode to get viewership?
Edited by FLGators - 17 years ago
Julie0001 thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#6
FL Gators, it seems like creatives are creating many chances for Rads to speak up and spare the RP family humiliation. For instance when Dev has to leave the puja area b/c he has no wife. Here Dev will have to publicly apologize for something he has not done (get married and be unable to honor that marriage). So I am not sure whu but just so that as you said when the truth comes out all these sufferings will be remembered by RP family. Or maybe creatives want truth out now. As kuku said before, the truth will have less impact after re-marriage. But now Rad's silence is indeed having a cost.
jasw thumbnail
22nd Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#7
Very nice and educative post Kuku.

These Panchtatva concept gels so well with the five senses we have got. I had never associated the sky, air, fire, water and earth with the five senses earlier! Thanks, it is a good read.

JP, I don't think they are aiming for the real truth now. I think all these repentances are for future. When Dev knows about the truth, these incidents will make him mad at Rads. So it will be prayschit time for Radhika at that time. 😊
BOM72MMKP7ZJWYTG thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#8
Very well explained about Panchatatwa. But the question is when once Dev comes to know the truth ( especially after all these so called prayshchit) how can he love Radhika? The entire RP house has been humiliated in public, Devaki says that her scare for amma made her shut her mouth, is she not scared of GOD ( being a shastris wife?)
They show all the time Amma with a japa mani in her hand reading something,
Now i really feel what exactly these creatives want to depict or say or show to public?
IS IT HINDUISM
kukuraja thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 Thumbnail Navigator Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#9
Hello ALL. ...Thanks for your comments..

I really have no knowledge what the procedure of 'Prayaschit' will involve.. [Allthough I am from Rajasthan -I have no knowledge of RajPurohit rules...😆 😆 😆 ]

I just wrote this because there were some questions like.. what these 5 elements are and their importance..I just thought that I would share whatever little knowledge I have. ...and maybe learn from some other people as well ..

So I don't have any input if asking for forgiveness has grave importance - I know Radhika Will allow this to go through and will be further maligned in eyes of DEV eventually.....


Shahsi54 : I think it is better to view this serial as a story of Human Weakness .... Humans are not perfect and everybody interprets will of God differently....everybody does different acts ... with some intentional and some unintentional consequences... Just becasue someone is Shastri's wife or a Krishna devotee does not mean that they are making the right calls or will NOT commit grave SIN or are not susceptible to weakness in general - this story is all about choices being made by humans not GOD.

Better not to view it as a story about Hinduism.. It is a story of man made follies - that is just my outlook 😊
ashasangeeta thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Explorer Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
#10
very true Kukuraja-looks like human weakness is rampant in a hindoo shastri jis home. right from his mom they uphold lies and adharma. devki follows footsteps-they say there is darkness under lamp-this is the perfect example.
Radhika owes it to her husband-that she should not put him thru this humiliation time and again. she is doing it willfully. devki can see the torture-she thinks about her husband. he will die without jal samadhi when the truth comes out. or Zee creatives assume the truth will not come out ever?
I am gone Kukuraja-I will watch after a week. I am frustrated.

Related Topics

Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".