New YRF poster boys: Purab Kohli & Meiyang Chang

sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago

New YRF poster boys: Purab Kohli & Meiyang Chang

Bollywood's most powerful production house, Yash Raj Films at a time used to have on floors films with big stars such as Shah Rukh Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Saif Ali Khan, Akshay Kumar and Hrithik Roshan starring in their films.

But it looks like gone are those days as they have begun concentrating on younger generation of stars and relative newcomers.

Apparently, the latest young actor who may get the nod to do a film under the prestigious banner is Rock On star Purab Kohli.

Our source reveals, "Yash Raj is considering signing Purab Kohli for a film to be directed by actor Parmeet Sethi.

It stars Shahid Kapoor along side Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi girl Anushka Sharma. This one is also a musical like Rock On.

One can recollect Purab's comic performance in Rock On being highly appreciated. He is being considered for the Yash Raj film because they think he will suit the youthful mood of this movie."

Chang in changed avatar
Discovery of singing reality show Indian idol Meiyang Chang is in the fastest pace of his life. He will be soon seen in Yash Raj's next untitled film.

This film is directorial debut of Parmeet Sethi, along with Chang there are Shahid Kapoor, Anushka Sharma and Veer Das in the film. Music is given by Pritam. Shooting is scheduled to be commenced July onwards.

As he started of as singer, so will he be voicing any of the song in the film?

"No I am not singing. Honestly after doing lot of anchoring I realized that I have sort of lost my singing voice. I will need at least a month or two to get it back". He hosted the last season of Indian idol followed by IPL.

He briefs about his character reluctantly, "All I can say that I am playing a character with grey shades".

According to our sources it's a musical film revolving around on a group of 5-6 people who form a band for Punjabi rock music.

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=29086

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mango-frost thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
i like purab...hes a good actor...

chang on the other hand....never liked him as a singer....and never watched him as a host...he annoys me alot....why oh why did he have to be in shahid-anushka starrer...now i cant ignore his movie either...
FreeBird03 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: srk_lover

i like purab...hes a good actor...

chang on the other hand....never liked him as a singer....and never watched him as a host...he annoys me alot....why oh why did he have to be in shahid-anushka starrer...now i cant ignore his movie either...

Woah jhoothi! 😲 ya fir im suffering from amnesia! 😆

pksanam thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ManaliS

😆  he's not that bad... but i prefer others.... 😉

awww megha, buri baat... ab palto mat... 😆😆😆
mango-frost thumbnail

I KNEW i wud find u in this topic sumwhere...lil did i noe it'd be soo soon...haha..

sachi mannu!! i never really liked him as a singer...his performances were nice, but his singing was just average...compared to some of the other ii3 idols, he was good...but overall, he wasnt all that great....

okay now u can kill me 😆
FreeBird03 thumbnail
no sanam megha nahi palti.. ab mujhe aisa kuch kuch yaad aa raha hai that megha used to LOWE emon in II3 😆 haila fir who was that chang lover ? 😳
purva thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Manno 🤗.. didn't Megha used to like Emon Chatterjee?? 😛
pksanam thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

you liked Emon... he was good but my favourite has to be Karunya... he was awesome... 😃

i was sooo disappointed when he lost, but i kinda expected it.... 😡
FreeBird03 thumbnail

Originally posted by: srk_lover

I KNEW i wud find u in this topic sumwhere...lil did i noe it'd be soo soon...haha..

sachi mannu!! i never really liked him as a singer...his performances were nice, but his singing was just average...compared to some of the other ii3 idols, he was good...but overall, he wasnt all that great....

okay now u can kill me 😆

Meghuuuuuuuuuuuu 🤗🤗🤗 its been ages!! i miss u 😭😭😭 *sniff*

tumne yaad kiya aur hum haazir 😉

lol SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! thats why i was thinking..megha definitely used to like him... kuch to tha! haan maybe u only liked his performance... ab itna mujhe yaad nahi naa 😳😆 but i was right!

chalo maaf kiya 😆 hota hai...
mango-frost thumbnail
^^ sanam, my favorite is and will always remain AMEY DATE!! purvaaaaa!! my marathi teacher...hehe remember wen u translated sumthing for me in marathi for amey....and den amey replied back to me saying u a very sweet chaan mulgi....i went crazy not knowing wat that meant....LOL

i onli liked emon chatterjee in season 3....not that he was a favorite or nething...but i liked him the best from that season onli...

manali, Maya was a chang fan i think....so was Neetu....and i think Ashu too...i was just a friend of all the chang fans....not a fan myself...haha