Wich was the best IPL ?

percept thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hi there,
                Please feel free to real that which is your favorite IPL.
                IPL 2008 or IPL 2009.
               According to my view, i enjoyed 2008 IPL as lot, there was lots of Action and dramas went on. We got to see lot of aggression from players.

Regards
perceptindia.in

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kavya.b thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
i liked IPL 2009
bocz it is less of dramas n more of game
bcoz both bowlers n batsman had good game 2 play
bcoz i watched more games in this season than the previous one

on the top of all this my biggest reason is DECCAN CHAGERS winning the trophy

i have only one reason in favour of IPL 2008
it was in INDIA
ChoChang thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Obviously IPL-2009!!

Reason:-Deccan Chargers win!!
Gilly-Golden Player of the series!!

What more would I want...Gilly is the best!!๐Ÿ˜ŠEdited by Silver-Doe - 15 years ago
percept thumbnail
Common guys, how can you ever forget fast and furious Sreesanth, the hattricks of balaji and Lasith, yuvraj's 6 sixes, the powerful opening by Gayle and McCullom etc. It was fascinating IPL 2008.

Regards
Percept
perceptindia.in

i5hy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I liked both IPL's..each time it was full of excitement and thrill... This time  it was more nail biting than last yr as all the teams showed great potential to reach the semis except mayb for KKR. The only downfall was that it was held outside india. Hopefully next yr it will be back where it belongs.
percept thumbnail
But this what why did KKR went so down. What do you think who is responsible for it,  is it Sharukh or Ganguly.

Regards
Percept
i5hy thumbnail

Originally posted by: percept

But this what why did KKR went so down. What do you think who is responsible for it,  is it Sharukh or Ganguly.

it wil be unfair to put the blame on SRK or Ganguly who wasnt even the captain. Wat i felt was that they were not able to get out of that losing streak they got themselves in. They got psychologically affected by it and just kept on losing. Luck wasnt on their side too. So i wouldnt blame SRK or ganguly. KKR was a good team who failed to execute their plans in the field. Pressure from the media regarding the captaincy and failures didnt help as well๐Ÿ˜Š
percept thumbnail

Originally posted by: i5hy

it wil be unfair to put the blame on SRK or Ganguly who wasnt even the captain. Wat i felt was that they were not able to get out of that losing streak they got themselves in. They got psychologically affected by it and just kept on losing. Luck wasnt on their side too. So i wouldnt blame SRK or ganguly. KKR was a good team who failed to execute their plans in the field. Pressure from the media regarding the captaincy and failures didnt help as well๐Ÿ˜Š

Hi there,
I agree with your comment, even the same thing was faced by Hyderabad team last year, but there were no controversies and we saw in this years KKR team. Don't you think controversies was the main factor for diminishing performance.

Regards

i5hy thumbnail

Originally posted by: percept

Hi there,
I agree with your comment, even the same thing was faced by Hyderabad team last year, but there were no controversies and we saw in this years KKR team. Don't you think controversies was the main factor for diminishing performance.

Regards

ya..media and controversies had an impact with the teams perfomances in both the IPL's. Like you mentioned last year deccan chargers kept on losing all their matches. No one paid much notice to it cox they had no big cricket stars or owner who is well known. Unlike that this time KKR losing was so talked about cox its SRK's team. Due to this factor itself they were favourited by all to reach the semi's. If there is too much expectation then you get into pressure and gives poor performance. Look at the performances of rajasthan royals this season. Being champions last year everyone had so high expectations from them and they just couldnt live upto them. Even i felt Delhi lost in the semi-final because everyone expected them to win the match as they were at the top of the table. Hence they took DC lightly and Gilchrist knocked them down.Hyderabad and royal challengers bangalore, no one thought they had a chance but then they became the underdogs and stole the thunder off the feet of everyone. Its better for all the players to forget about their stardom, stop trying to live upto others expectations and focus on the match in hand and try to implement their strategies.
percept thumbnail
As you know for royal challengers is was necessary to win all the last six match to reach the finals and they made it. So , i am sure it may be looking great but i feel it was already pre-planned, whom to win and whom to loose.

Regards.