Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Yuks- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: devashree_h

Hey Yuks..please contunue.Sounds really interesting.

And we might even like the evil Ranbir....bad boys have their own appeal.๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks Devi

And yes, bad boys are so good๐Ÿ˜‰
Plus, Vinay looked so cute when he was bad/intense

Yuks
-Yuks- thumbnail

Originally posted by: curry-sistah

yeah. pls continue. it sounds interesting. ..

Ranbir as the Bad boy is different and fresh. :)

Thanks so much! I'm glad you liked it

I hate the super-cute Ranbir these days. He's too lovey dovey. So I'm here to mix things up a little๐Ÿ˜ณ

Yuks
devashree_h thumbnail

Originally posted by: queenyuks

Thanks Devi

And yes, bad boys are so good๐Ÿ˜‰
Plus, Vinay looked so cute when he was bad/intense

Yuks

Welcome Yuks.

Yes that Ranbir was so appealing.Vinay was the cutest.This is Ranbir is sugary sweet but the circumstances in the show have been so.The show has developed that way.

-Yuks- thumbnail
Hey guys! I'm soglad all of you liked the prologue
I really hope the rest of the ff measures up.

I'm sorry there was such a gap, but I was so excited to post this that I posted the proogue without giving myself time during my finals to write the first part.

So here it is...

Part 1

It was an average day in the life of Rano Maan. Cooking, cleaning, and listening to her step-mother's non-stop nonsense. And now that 'the evil witch' was asleep, Rano escaped to her quiet place. She was relaxing on a chair on the covered part of the roof, watching the pouring rain cleanse everything around her.

She always found rain to be soothing and refreshing, bringing pleasant memories with it, but today it wasn't having the desired effect. Rano still felt strangely restless, as though something big were looming ahead. She stirred restlessly for the thousandth time.

Her thoughts wandered back to the eyes that seemed to be haunting her dreams these days. Intense eyes that would do nothing but stare at her, an unnameable emotion in their brown depths. Whatever it was though always sent Goosebumps down her arms.

She couldn't be sure, but she had a great suspicion of who those eyes belong to. But why would she dream of him?

She thought back to their first meeting, where he had saved her life. She remembered it like it were yesterday...

Rano had been horribly upset with her new 'mother'. Her best friend Nimmi and her cousin Tina, both had mummy's and they were both so nice. Rano had been excited that her dad was getting married and she would then have a maa too. She even bought her new maa a gift after saving her rupees.

But her new maa turned out to be mean. She told Rano to stay away from her, and she broke Rano's pretty gift.

Rano cried harder and sat down at the closest available surface. She barely registered the sound of a train in the background, and didn't bother to look up to see where she was.

Suddenly, she felt a hand tighten around her arm and tug her away forcefully. She turned to see the train go over the exact spot she was sitting at. She then turned to look at her saviour. There stood a cute-ish boy, a couple of years older than her, looking at her with anger and concern.

"What if you would have died? You should thank me that I got there in time, or it would've been the end for you." Rano stared at him in shock. His words not making any immediate sense. "Say something! Can't you speak? Are you mute? Rano shook her head.

"Then why aren't you speaking? Why are you out here alone at night? It's dangerous!"

His chiding sounded like her father's and suddenly she was ashamed of her stupidity, and looked down at her shoes.

"Do you know how late it is?" He pulled put a pretty watch on a chain, and held it up for her to see. It was 10 PM. "My bebe says that children shouldn't roam around alone at night."

He cocked his head to the side, "Why are you so silent? And you look so sad."

He took her hand and placed his watch into her palm. "Here, you keep this. And now, whenever you become sad, just look at the watch. And stop roaming around alone at night! That's superman's order."

'Superman's' driver came and whisked him away, while she just stood dumbfounded and looked down at the watch. A couple of things clicked into place. What is she doing here? Her bauji must be so worried! And this watch wasn't hers, how could she keep it? She chased after her superman.

"Hey you! Your watch!"

He looked at her arrogantly, "My name isn't hey you!"

Rano took his hand and put the watch there, "Here take your watch"

He pushed it back, "You keep it"

Rano tried once more to return it, but she was holding the watch, and him the chain, when he closed the door of the car, separating the two.

She silently watched him drive away, half in awe and half in shock.

What she hadn't realised when she was that young was that her superman had taken, not only the chain along with him that day, but also her heart.

Now that she thought back, it was so stupid of her to risk her life like that, being upset over someone like her step-mother. Tina always said to her that 'the evil witch' wasn't worth her tears, but she had still tried to please her.

But recently, she stopped bothering. It's true; Kamla wasn't worth her tears, or her love.

Rano sighed wistfully. She was awfully bored these days. No Tina, no Nimmi, and even Sukhi was away for studies. Or usually they would all sit and talk their hearts out. She missed having a confidante, someone she could share her troubling thoughts with.

The phone rang downstairs. Rano stayed in her seat, figuring that miss lazy could pick it up, since she was probably next to it watching the television anyway. But it kept ringing.

"Am I going to have to do all the work in the house myself? Or will someone pick up the stupid phone?" She heard the distinct shout from downstairs.

Rano rolled her eyes. Who was she trying to kid? A) Rano did all the work, and B) there were only two people in the house right now.

Rano sighed again and rushed downstairs to answer the phone.

"Hello?"

"Rano beta, is that you?" A deep and older male voice asked, "It's Maan uncle here!"

A big smile came to her face, "Oh! Hi uncle! How are you?"

"I'm good beta. Tell me, is your bauji around?"

"No uncle, he's at the station right now"

"No problem beta, I just had something to discuss with him, would it be okay if we come over tonight?"

"You don't have to ask uncle, you're always welcome here"

"Alright beta, see you tonight"

Rano hung up, and glared in the direction of her dad's room for a second. Obviously miss hoity-toity won't help prepare anything for the evening. She sighed again and went to the kitchen.

-----

Rano sat with her bauji in the living room, discussing about his day, while Kamla sat staring daggers at them. Gurucharan had once again caught her badmouthing Rano for no reason, and once again told her off for her ridiculous behaviour towards his daughter.

The doorbell rang and Kamla jumped up to answer. Rano rolled her eyes at how fake her step-mother could be, as she lovingly invited the Maan family in, as though they were the oasis of her dry dreary life.

Rano did a double take and looked over their guests once more. Practically the entire family was here, and they all seemed to be dressed formally too. Especially him, watching her silently with his intense eyes. Why had all of them come?

After all the greetings and pleasantries were exchanged, and everyone was seated, Bhupinder Singh Maan turned to look at Gurucharan with a serious face. "Guru, I have something serious to discuss with you."

The atmosphere is the room suddenly changed, and for the briefest moment that Rano's eyes locked with him from across the room, a shiver went up her spine.

The smile was wiped from Guru's face at the sudden change and he questioned his friend silently.

Shahji looked at his family for a second, and turned his scrutinizing gaze at Rano. He regarded her for a moment longer before finally turning to Gurucharan. "I would like your daughter Rano's hand in marriage for my son Ranbir."

The flashback is the watch scene from the very first episode.

Love it? Hate it?
Tell me what you think!

Yuks
Millerrr88 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
love it love it!!! ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘
devashree_h thumbnail
Even I loved..especially the intense eyes part...๐Ÿ˜You write really really well Yuks..๐Ÿ‘