buttercup thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Kanchi Kaul is the new kid on the block.... or should we say on the box? Maybe. Full of life, very pretty she is one of those lucky girls to land a show like Ek Ladki Anjani Si which premiered last week on Sony. She plays the protagonist, Ananya Sachdev, fondly called Annu. Surely a dream role. Also Kaul's first on television; otherwise she's done half a dozen Telugu films and a Hindi one too —Woh Tera Naam Tha —which didn't set the box office on fire.

''Something went wrong somewhere. But I have no regrets. After Woh Tera Naam Tha I got busy with my TV commercials and I didn't feel like going to the South again. Then Ek Ladki... came my way,'' explains Kaul, who's done umpteen commercials, including Sangini Diamonds, Wheel, Johnson Shampoo, Clearsil, Santro, Afterbath, Microsoft. ''I have loads going on,'' smiles Kaul. She is very excited about her television debut. ''I am happy, a little nervous — and very sleepy. Been shooting continuously. But it's been a very fruitful time. It's a brilliant role and a great script.

It's been shot well. It's very fast paced — there is a lot of happening,'' she adds.

Kanchi relates to Ananya of Ek Ladki Anjani Si quite easily because the character is similar to what she is like in real life, feels the actress. ''Ananya is also mad like me. There are lot of similarities so it's quite easy to play her. The similarities end when it comes to what happened to Ananya and what she had to go through. I hope nothing like that happens to me,'' prays Kanchi.

She agrees that she is fortunate to get such a great role to start with and she couldn't have asked for more. ''It's the best I could ask for. It's actually a dream role,'' she admits. By the way, her character Ananya is this fun-loving, cool babe, very ambitious, loves her family immensely, not into boys, very confident and wants to be a photo journalist. ''Anu is very easy going. She's lots of fun. She plays basketball. She rides a bike, a real cool one I have in the show. I love the bike. I learnt riding one recently. It's so much fun. Anu doesn't complicate things. She is damn cool. And then her world is shattered by a twist of fate and she has to deal with it. It's not a sad story. It's total fun,'' explains Kanchi.

The downside of her good fortune is that Kanchi spends all her time on the sets and has no time for partying, friends, movies — just nothing. ''Not that I mind. I am loving my work, but yes, I love surfing the Net, going to watch films, attending dinners. Now I just don't have the time,'' says she. This is just the beginning Kanchi!

Edited by buttercup - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rabba-Ve-Delena thumbnail

Heya..

Buttttterrr Superstar..Thanks for the article..Kanchi so pretty..

Luv ya..

Ouma

buttercup thumbnail
New Kid on the Block is for my twiny.. how can they say it for Kanchi 😭
newkidontheblok thumbnail
😆 😆 😆 twiny...u too much 😆 😆 😆 lub u nd thkoo for d article 😆
newkidontheblok thumbnail

Originally posted by: buttercup

New Kid on the Block is for my twiny.. how can they say it for Kanchi 😭

aww twiny lub u see ur twiny is so popular dat every1 wants her nick😉

Me_Anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
kooolll
thanx for sharing
vallanki thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
thanks butter ..nice articel..thanks for sharing it
marvelous.malks thumbnail

thanks butter!

eeeekkk what am i seeing?? u LIKE tarun! 😆

Selina thumbnail
Thanks for posting Butterrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
buttercup thumbnail

Originally posted by: jassi4armaan

thanks butter!

eeeekkk what am i seeing?? u LIKE tarun! 😆

Arreyy nothing like tht😆.. i just liked him abt an year back