*~Sapna~* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 19 years ago
'DIL JO BHI KAHEY', LAUNCH PAD FOR SON

By Aira

In the News

click for larger view
After making the huge hit 'Hum' in 1991 staring Amitabh Bachchan, director Romesh Sharma plans to do the same with his yet to be released film 'Dil Jo Bhi Kahey'. In a rainbow of colors actors Amitabh Bachchan, Revathy and Bhumika danced for Romesh Sharma's film "Dil Jo Bhi Kahey". The film is based on Romesh Sharma's popular Mauritian TV serial "C'est la Vie". It's a story of a boy who falls in love with a girl of British origin and revolves around the inter-cultural conflict that their relationship brings. "This is a story that one had done 4-5 years back. We couldn't make a film then because we couldn't get the necessary funds. I was asked to do this as a French TV serial and it got an 87.5 per cent viewership. So that story we turned it into a screenplay and a film now," says Romesh Sharma. Pausing a bit he says, " Amitabh Bachchan is someone who I love working with. His professionalism is unbeatable. And it's rather nice of him to agree to do the film."

Although shot almost entirely in Mauritius, the "Holi song" picturization in Mumbai is the last leg of the film shoot. Bachchan plays the role of a patriarch and father to Romesh Sharma's son Karan, who makes his debut in the film. The film is basically a launch vehicle for Sharma Jr , and Papa of course has got everything it takes to make his son a hero. "It's mostly about an Indian family and a person who falls in love and the cultural conflicts that happen. It may sound like a hundred movies made like this, but this one has its own nuances. It has incidents that everyone can identify with," says Karan Sharma. Karan is getting a chance to work with stalwart Amitabh Bachchan but Big B as always, seems unfazed, just concentrating on his work. "As you can see, this is a Holi song picturization. Yes, I have had the pleasure of a lot of Holi songs but I love the festival and any number of Holi songs is welcome. I play the patriarch in the film. This is a song of celebration," says Mr. Bachchan. Talking about the essentials of filmmaking. The budget is a whopping two million dollars. 'Dil Jo Bhi Kahey' has music by Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy. The lyrics are written by Javed Akhtar, and the film is slated for a release by May this year. Romesh Sharma has definitely laid out the world for his son, but it's only in May when we see the fate of another star kid.