aqua thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Synopsis

Colour discrimination has been prevalent in India since a long time. Even though India has progressed in various fields of technology, science & education, this social evil remains the root cause of regression in many societies in India leading to degradation of women One such story was of Saloni, a dark complexioned 24 year old It did not matter that she was actually beautiful, hugely talented with a scope to make a name for herself. But it did matter a lot to her mother Ambika that Saloni was dark. Ambika was very partial to Saloni's younger sister Shubra because she was fair & brother Samar because he was the only male child. Getting Saloni married was a huge burden for Narpat and Ambika. Everytime the grooms' side had either declined Saloni or asked for an exceptionally huge dowry that her father could not afford. Until Nahar Singh a good looking rich rajput chooses Saloni over Shubhra when he had actually came to see Shubhra. Saloni gets married to Nahar only to realise that there is life beyond marriage. Destiny had its own plans for her. Saloni participates in a show "Sa Re Ga Ma" & wins it. Saloni is now on the threshold of becoming a singing star leaving behind all hindrinces. The very dark colour complexion which causes her to remain in the background of the marriage market in life now promises to fill her life with many hues of happiness

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
thanks..but i wish Saloni n Neel gt 2geva but i gt feelin she'll gt married 2 sum1 else 😭
jasmin thumbnail
thanks, I hope everyone in India watches this movie, people really need to get the messages!
RICE_786 thumbnail
do you think this is worth the watch? or same old cliche?
ashley1 thumbnail
Is this the story of a real girl & did she really win Sa re ga ma? When was this? 😛
elizacarton thumbnail
Thanks for the vidios Jssingh. It is really nice to see it online. Thanks again. Do you have any vidios for Piya Ka Ghar? If you have please upload it so we can see it too.

Thanks again
Eliza Carton