Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 25 days ago

American Fiction

A hilarious but dark film on the stereotypes and struggles of black people in America. 

The film opens with a white student taking offense at a black professor's use of the n-word. It highlights how wokeness is now performative and ignores the input of people it is supposed to uplift. That professor, Thelonious "Monk" Ellison, is a highly intelligent writer. He writes complex philosophical novels inspired by Greek myth but struggles because his work isn't "black." After seeing a black writer succeed by giving in to black stereotypes, he angrily writes a satirical book from the perspective of a black convict. That book turns out to be a success. 

The movie's plot centers around Monk's moral quandaries and his beliefs about what he wants to write versus what sells. Meanwhile, he struggles with his sister's death, his mother's deteriorating health, and his antagonistic gay brother. 

Migration

A cutesy family movie about a family of ducks migrating for the first time. 

Mack Mallard is an overly cautious duck who refuses to leave his pond to migrate out of fear. After meeting some ducks headed to Jamaica for migration, his kids insist on migrating. They finally set off on a wacky and wild adventure through New York City and beyond. 

Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes

This Hunger Games prequel traces President Snow's origins and rise to power. Set during the 10th Hunger Games, the movie is a lot more about politics and power play than the actual Hunger Games. The narrative traces a teenage Snow's journey as a mentor in the Hunger Games and his relationship with his mentee, District 12's Lucy Gray Baird. 

The movie presents a softer, more sympathetic portrayal of Snow. The book is more scathing and revealing about his manipulative personality. But you can still see traces of his psychopathy and callousness. The most delightful are the parallels between Lucy Gray Baird and Katniss Everdeen, and you can see why Snow hated Katniss so deeply. 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 25 days ago

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom

So, Black Manta is back for vengeance and polluting the earth in the process. Only Orm can help stop him, so Aquaman breaks him out of prison after he had put him there. The film, while fun, does not have the joy of the first Aquaman. Maybe it is superhero fatigue, but it all seems tired, dated, and too convenient. All the shots of Jason Momoa as a caring dad were super cute though. 

Dumb Money

This movie could have been so good. The Big Short really did a great job explaining financial terms in layman's speak. The humorous celebrity cameos to explain the happenings were also fun. Unfortunately, Dumb Money does not do much to engage the viewer like this. Hence much is lost and the plot seems meandering and tedious. 

Edited by return_to_hades - 25 days ago
_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 24 days ago

8 AM Metro

This is one serious watch but damn have I seen something like this in years!! No!! I felt bollywood was incapable of making such movies. The movie drops so many opinions on controversial subjects like extra marital affairs, friendship of a married man and a married woman, cheating and mental health and still it’s told so effortlessly. 

hasini009 thumbnail
Posted: 23 days ago

Lapata Ladies ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Mamla Legal Hain⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Guthlee Ladoo⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Bhakshk⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Amar Singh Chamkeela⭐️⭐️⭐️

Merry Christmas⭐️⭐️⭐️

Fighter⭐️⭐️⭐️

Shaitan ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Article 370⭐️⭐️⭐️

Teri Baaton mein….⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dunki⭐️⭐️⭐️

Jawan⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Shastry Viruddh Shastry ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Edited by hasini009 - 23 days ago
KJasoosChulbulP thumbnail
Posted: 21 days ago

A true classic and a fab comedy series 

Mind your language - 4 seasons….its a golden oldie. An insta reel made it on my TL….and made me rewatch this one …

The cast, impeccable…folks from different nations learning English ….what can go wrong ? Nothing …but can generate lots laughs. 

a sample..

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6WJmHgu9-d/?igsh=MXg5ZXR4ODQxZGdjNg==

D3viL thumbnail
Posted: 21 days ago

I just watched the mother of the bride, I don't know how, but somehow I did

1 star review for a 1 star movie

D3viL thumbnail
Posted: 20 days ago

I watched the crew .

..so you don't have to

1.5 review for a 1.5 star movie

SmittenKitt3n thumbnail

Originally posted by: D3viL

I just watched the mother of the bride, I don't know how, but somehow I did

1 star review for a 1 star movie

I watched that one the other day … well, not watched watched, more like had it playing on Netflix in the background. Didn't make it to the end though. Do they manage to turn the bride and groom into siblings and completely ruin the wedding? 🙂‍↔️

D3viL thumbnail

Originally posted by: SmittenKitt3n

I watched that one the other day … well, not watched watched, more like had it playing on Netflix in the background. Didn't make it to the end though. Do they manage to turn the bride and groom into siblings and completely ruin the wedding? 🙂‍↔️

If you are wondering if they are siblings then you only watched the trailer babe ... 🙂‍↕️🫨😍😘... still sucks... you should tell me when you watch trailers too. I hate missing out 🙂‍↕️

Hey remember this 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗 LEGEND! 

Originally posted by: KJasoosChulbulP

A true classic and a fab comedy series 

Mind your language - 4 seasons….its a golden oldie. An insta reel made it on my TL….and made me rewatch this one …

The cast, impeccable…folks from different nations learning English ….what can go wrong ? Nothing …but can generate lots laughs. 

a sample..

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6WJmHgu9-d/?igsh=MXg5ZXR4ODQxZGdjNg==

Did you watch the episode where the students visit a zoo?