Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 days ago

Originally posted by: Blueeeee

The convo really moved from unfair (nepo) advantage to Suhana ain't fair and pretty huh!

People cannot even legitimately criticise her privileges without body shaming her. Same with Alia.

I have seen posts on this forum making weird ableist comments on a minor Aradhya for covering her face with bangs and then also posts fawning on her looks post the wedding circus thing.

Women and their privileges can be criticised without making their whole existence about their looks yikes.

I didn’t say anything about being fair so don’t project your own insecurities about Suhana’s skin tone on to me. Must be nice to live in lala land and be delulu that to exist in Bollywood you don’t need pretty privilege. I mean how many ex Miss World/Universe do we have for starters? Shilpa Shetty at her age (in an ageist industry) is the face of so many shows despite being a B grade actress her entire career because of two things - her face card does not decline and her body is freakin’ HOT. Idealism and delusion doesn’t change that I’m afraid.

Posted: 10 days ago

[Post Removed]

[Post Removed]

[Post Removed]

[Post Removed]

Posted: 9 days ago

[Post Removed]

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 days ago

Originally posted by: sev.puri

I didn’t say anything about being fair so don’t project your own insecurities about Suhana’s skin tone on to me. Must be nice to live in lala land and be delulu that to exist in Bollywood you don’t need pretty privilege. I mean how many ex Miss World/Universe do we have for starters? Shilpa Shetty at her age (in an ageist industry) is the face of so many shows despite being a B grade actress her entire career because of two things - her face card does not decline and her body is freakin’ HOT. Idealism and delusion doesn’t change that I’m afraid.

It is indeed hilarious how pretty privilege in Bollywood is being accepted and even lauded in this thread while coals are being raked on nepotism by an entire online mechanism since 2020. When indeed both these privileges are inaccesible to the public at large. 

Do you think 'naturally' beautiful people all have the socioeconomic access to pageant circuits, dermatologists, plastic surgeons, gym trainers or whack diets to maintain their "hotness" for x number of years? If contrieved hotness is to be privileged as some earth-shattering virtue, then I don't see how Suhana monopolising on her nepo connections, like most UC people in this country do in EVERY field EVERY DAY irrespective of talent, is a crime.

At least agar kisi industry ko transform karne ka raag alaap na hai toh be less shallow? I swear anti-nepo onlinejeevis self-contradict all the time. (Not talking about you here particularly).

And no, sire, beauty is indeed a social construct and changes all the time. One of the many issues with "historical accuracy" in Victorian dramas is we find ugly what they found attractive. 

Even more recently, 90s beauty standard was lean and lithe body types and that changed in 2010s with the Kim K butt trend, and that is again reversing.

There is a long long history of how 'conventional' beauty has its roots in racism and colonialism but that is a useless conversation here.  

Anyhow, you not finding someone hot or pretty doesn't mean that a) they aren't and b) that their existence should be reduced to you not finding them hot.

Not everyone finds everyone attractive and that is fine. Ripping people for their bodies will always remain trashy irrespective of who they are.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 days ago

Originally posted by: Billi_Bangalan

After reading the comments an old question has come back to haunt me. What do the top heroines use any way,,? What brands body wash or soap ot whateva ? are they very loyal to them. Do they even try out the ones the endorse smiley22smiley44

I need a bathroom tour lol

Besan and Haldi. And they drink lots of water. Havent u read their interviews about dadima ke nuskhe?

Also dermatologist, cosmetologist, beauty therapist, aroma therapist 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

How many times r we gonna discuss this? Yes, Suhana isn’t a looker and she wouldn’t be in BW and getting these endorsements if she wasnt SRK’s daughter. Lets accept that.

Lets also accept that she has that privilege and it will be foolish of her not to accept these offers saying..oh pls no, I wont take this offer coz I dont deserve it. Obviously someone felt she deserved for whatever reason, she got it and she took it. I mean who in their right mind would say no. If it affects brand profitability they will let her go.

Just that while she is at it, hope she grooms herself well and does a better job

[Post Removed]