Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 days ago

Originally posted by: FatalFlaw

Bet you'd have to use Google if someone asks you to define screen presence. smiley36

That’s something Alia fans keep doing when their nepo product falls flat in front of other top actresses like Deepu/Kareena/Kat smiley19

Edited by BhataktiJawani - 12 days ago
FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BhataktiJawani

That’s something Alia fans keep doing when their nepo product falls flat in front of other top actresses like Deepu/Kareena/Kat smiley19

Keep doing what? Use Google? Make it make sense. smiley37

[Post Removed]

JustRandomGirl thumbnail
Posted: 10 days ago

I think the problem of MallikaJaan’s character wasn’t the casting but the way it has been written.

Her character just seemed inconsistent and random smiley36 I didn’t like the character at first, she was being evil for no proper reason smiley37

But I liked her when she showed some empathy towards her daughters and niece. 

The performance was good, but cause of the inconsistency it was hard to connect to her character.

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: JustRandomGirl

I think the problem of MallikaJaan’s character wasn’t the casting but the way it has been written.

Her character just seemed inconsistent and random smiley36 I didn’t like the character at first, she was being evil for no proper reason smiley37

But I liked her when she showed some empathy towards her daughters and niece. 

The performance was good, but cause of the inconsistency it was hard to connect to her character.

What happened to her towards the end was truly despicable and traumatising though! That plot was unnecessary.

JustRandomGirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: infinity101

What happened to her towards the end was truly despicable and traumatising though! That plot was unnecessary.

Yeah that I completely agree! That part was too much smiley18 I couldn’t tolerate that scene

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: JustRandomGirl

Yeah that I completely agree! That part was too much smiley18 I couldn’t tolerate that scene

*Spoilers ahead*.I felt angry towards her for a moment that why the hell did she give in and let those men do that to her smiley18 She was shown to be a powerful lady, then there could have been some other ways to get her daughter out of jail, she should have killed those men instead! But alas she was helpless may be! But still that doesn’t justify her ruthless tyranny, her selling women to other people and ruining so many lives, her forcing her daughter to become a prostitute and not respecting her feelings and wishes. She was cruel to her daughter’s maid and her boyfriend as well. She was just a vicious lady, but sympathetic at times too, like when she stood up for Lajjo. And I am glad Bhansali didn’t show any graphic and vulgar scenes in this series, considering the plot, he could have easily shown such scenes but he restrained from doing so and I applaud him for that, very few OTT content thrives on some amount of decency these days. The locations were truly beautiful though, many scenes were simply mesmerising! 

Edited by infinity101 - 10 days ago
TheJourney thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

I haven't seen Heeramandi. But I am getting many YT shorts. Her hair, make up, styling and that bad dialogue delivery...ugh smiley11

JustRandomGirl thumbnail
Posted: 9 days ago

Originally posted by: infinity101

*Spoilers ahead*.I felt angry towards her for a moment that why the hell did she give in and let those men do that to her smiley18 She was shown to be a powerful lady, then there could have been some other ways to get her daughter out of jail, she should have killed those men instead! But alas she was helpless may be! But still that doesn’t justify her ruthless tyranny, her selling women to other people and ruining so many lives, her forcing her daughter to become a prostitute and not respecting her feelings and wishes. She was cruel to her daughter’s maid and her boyfriend as well. She was just a vicious lady, but sympathetic at times too, like when she stood up for Lajjo. And I am glad Bhansali didn’t show any graphic and vulgar scenes in this series, considering the plot, he could have easily shown such scenes but he restrained from doing so and I applaud him for that, very few OTT content thrives on some amount of decency these days. The locations were truly beautiful though, many scenes were simply mesmerising! 

Agreed! Mallika Jaan’s cruelty didn’t make sense to me either. If its for survival thats one thing, but sometimes it made no sense, this is why I felt it was hard to connect to her character! However the scenes where she was sympathetic like when she confronted her son for Lajjo, and then not easily accepting when Tajdar came with Qudsia for marriage proposal for Alam, those scenes I liked her a lot.  

@bold I actually loved the story and chemistry of Alam and Taj because of this very reason. After a long time it is good to see a love story where there is genuine love and no vulgar kissing scenes. The simplicity in their story is what worked out despite the other flaws in it.

Posted: 9 days ago

HeeraMandi itself is a big mistake smiley36