Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 17 days ago

Official photoshoot bhi kar liya.....haha lagta hai sab ek din pe hi schedule kar liya cuz they will all go their own way after thissmiley36

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Official photoshoot bhi kar liya.....haha lagta hai sab ek din pe hi schedule kar liya cuz they will all go their own way after thissmiley36

This is nicely dine shoot.. they look.nice here 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: naadanmasakalli

This is nicely dine shoot.. they look.nice here 

Haan I also liked this photo shoot. Not the usual one that Pak actors do with heavy clothes for some ad campaign to capitalize on onscreen jodi. This one seems limited to show promotion only. 

The simple white outfits are giving it an elegant vibe. 

Watching heeramandi and am so conflicted on it.. slb really wasted the opportunity for most part but their is still some things worth watching e

G it is sonakshi's fareedan that I Stanly hit the mark and make you like the rivalry and friction between garden and Mallika jaan..out n our Manisha and sonakshi show which they are doing full justice too..this is probably the first time where I feel.like I am falling for sona fi ally she is getting these roles on ott and her talent is showing..she wasted herself for so long before fading in Film scene doing bakwaas. Manisha is just Manisha  effortless and charming and graceful as ever even if Mallika jaan is bit sanki.. also applause for richa her role was so small but jmpactful one of the best sequences is the mujra she performs with heartbreak and humiliation and the way she breaks down and ends up not being able to bare the gham some fabulous stunning acting there.

Rest is  pretty meh esp the lame aditi and alamzab played by bhanslaj ki niece nepotism ka faayda and man itne important roles but like bland . Cardboards better than them ..kuch nahi ho paa raha and then are boring the eff out of ne

Also noticeable and fantastic are  shruti ( woh abrar wali I forgot her last name )  and sanjeeda .sanju is so twisted but so delightful. 

Rest honestly this might be at par with padmavaf in being slb ka worst..also  feels like he is just extending his gangu world but like gareebo ka that caz yeah I would rather watch him ace the same subject in gang repeatedly. 

Still there are some plus factors about it .

I am also extremely pissed at the lack of historical check and  accurate use of a language ..they are totally insulting the urdu..matlab they can't  even get this much right thag urdu is read the other way and not left to right  like eng..and urdu in writing is toh alag level of alien phad sakte  hai gibberish hai..they have just put random letters of alphabet instead of joining them to form.words.. at one point inquilab is written as the letters with spaces I n q u i lab ( but with urdu letters scattered) and one is like what is this gibberish  written ut is not how you read  urdu or write urdu.

They have an urdu newspaper with covid ki news in 1920's🙃🙄 and again gibberish as the title of paper matlab koi woh phadh ke bata de title kya haj toh usko main  koti koti parnaam karoon..such a fail from slb and laziness when usually he is so good woth this stuff alag level ka  insult and offensive feel hua esp when yoh are saying one of your key characters is a shear too..anyway..it takes its time but now am invested  esp in fareedan and Mallika jaan 

Baaki songs are just meh kuch bhi noticeable nahi hai so are the mujras ji thode se hain but the richa one I really liked how she peromed it even tho the song was whatever 

Edited by naadanmasakalli - 17 days ago
AreYaar thumbnail

I finished watching Heeramandi and liked it overall....end mein thoda slow ho gaya but mostly held my interest enough to finish it in two days which is more than I can say for most stuff I watch these days. 

Manisha was the most standout performance for me....wow from her opening scene only....so nice to see her back in a meaty role and she absolutely killed it showing all shades of Mallika.....next is Sonakshi but end mein uska role thoda water down kar diya....Manisha got the best arc. Richa was another fabulous act.....I enjoyed most of the dances in the initial few epis but Richa's mujra really stands out for the composition and execution. I don't think songs were expected to be as great as movie levels but they were apt for OTT levels.....SLB ne kuch saste mein nahin kiya and scale pura maintained rakha despite this not being a movie. Sanjeeda was also fab....wish she got more elaborate dance performances considering she can actually dance but her role had a lot of shades so she did get a good part.

I guess I like this kind of atmospheric stuff with classical music so that vibe worked for me.....no one can do it like SLB among current Bollywood directors anyways so I appreciate him providing this content jo aur koi director pull off nahin kar paata in today's times. Padmavat was more put on and preachy.....Heermandi still had more variation in characters and moments I would say.

Agree about the Alamzeb girl not being able to act but she didn't pull down the whole series for me.....there were plenty of other engaging performances to keep it going. Shruti managed to do decent even in a side role.....my one disappointment is that Sonakshi ko nahin diya mujra karne ko.....would have liked to see that performance from her. 

Edited by AreYaar - 17 days ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 16 days ago

Bilal’s parents are so sweet. Especially his mom getting emotional all the time overwhelmed by her son’s success smiley36

https://x.com/arpitha_reddy8/status/1786673600365539818?s=46&t=RsHIH4xUBXmE535rNmz_9A

Originally posted by: AreYaar

I finished watching Heeramandi and liked it overall....end mein thoda slow ho gaya but mostly held my interest enough to finish it in two days which is more than I can say for most stuff I watch these days. 

Manisha was the most standout performance for me....wow from her opening scene only....so nice to see her back in a meaty role and she absolutely killed it showing all shades of Mallika.....next is Sonakshi but end mein uska role thoda water down kar diya....Manisha got the best arc. Richa was another fabulous act.....I enjoyed most of the dances in the initial few epis but Richa's mujra really stands out for the composition and execution. I don't think songs were expected to be as great as movie levels but they were apt for OTT levels.....SLB ne kuch saste mein nahin kiya and scale pura maintained rakha despite this not being a movie. Sanjeeda was also fab....wish she got more elaborate dance performances considering she can actually dance but her role had a lot of shades so she did get a good part.

I guess I like this kind of atmospheric stuff with classical music so that vibe worked for me.....no one can do it like SLB among current Bollywood directors anyways so I appreciate him providing this content jo aur koi director pull off nahin kar paata in today's times. Padmavat was more put on and preachy.....Heermandi still had more variation in characters and moments I would say.

Agree about the Alamzeb girl not being able to act but she didn't pull down the whole series for me.....there were plenty of other engaging performances to keep it going. Shruti managed to do decent even in a side role.....my one disappointment is that Sonakshi ko nahin diya mujra karne ko.....would have liked to see that performance from her. 

i finished it too now and Was fully immersed later on.. and really ended up likin git overall even if it was slow initially. things did come together quite nicely i would say... and for that i can forgive them the mistakes caz hell it has been entertaining.. but the biggest gripe has to be alam hi.. man wow what an arc and journey that had so much angst and vengeance to play with but what did we get.. a plain face no matter what is happening.. just zilch emotion when she had such a  role on aGolden platter  to perform and make us root for her.. anyway.. some of the things were oh just so beautiful and not just aesthetically.. i liked that they have said more in less ( haha contrary to the popular take that dialogues are too long bla bla)  i didn't felt that and  i mean emotion wise... they really didn't needed to give sermons or play victims or superior than Thou it all came thru by the narrative and emotion rather than words.the different shades and arcs all of them had..  hahah yeah bechari fareedan ke mujre cancel hi hote rahe hahahah alla poor waheedan hahah but otherwise she was amazing.. end main bechari ki insaniyat and khoon calling happened but to me it worked out that yeah she was all for revenge and all but dil ki buri bhi nahi thi ke itna bhi barbaadi nahi chahti thi for reals it was all just tang karna and more regular harmless fun for her jahan koi barbaad iss level bhi na ho jaaye.. but anyway .. yes manisha was just amazing .. and i do feel that this is right kind of slo burn the one that takes you into that world and kinda makes you want to rake it slow too like i was enjoying the mundane routines of them..well made overall..  

Edited by naadanmasakalli - 16 days ago

also made gif's will make manisha's sometime later

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 15 days ago

Originally posted by: naadanmasakalli

i finished it too now and Was fully immersed later on.. and really ended up likin git overall even if it was slow initially. things did come together quite nicely i would say... and for that i can forgive them the mistakes caz hell it has been entertaining.. but the biggest gripe has to be alam hi.. man wow what an arc and journey that had so much angst and vengeance to play with but what did we get.. a plain face no matter what is happening.. just zilch emotion when she had such a  role on aGolden platter  to perform and make us root for her.. anyway.. some of the things were oh just so beautiful and not just aesthetically.. i liked that they have said more in less ( haha contrary to the popular take that dialogues are too long bla bla)  i didn't felt that and  i mean emotion wise... they really didn't needed to give sermons or play victims or superior than Thou it all came thru by the narrative and emotion rather than words.the different shades and arcs all of them had..  hahah yeah bechari fareedan ke mujre cancel hi hote rahe hahahah alla poor waheedan hahah but otherwise she was amazing.. end main bechari ki insaniyat and khoon calling happened but to me it worked out that yeah she was all for revenge and all but dil ki buri bhi nahi thi ke itna bhi barbaadi nahi chahti thi for reals it was all just tang karna and more regular harmless fun for her jahan koi barbaad iss level bhi na ho jaaye.. but anyway .. yes manisha was just amazing .. and i do feel that this is right kind of slo burn the one that takes you into that world and kinda makes you want to rake it slow too like i was enjoying the mundane routines of them..well made overall..  

Oh achha you liked it nowsmiley36.....LOL I thought you also were of the same opinion as people on Twitter fixated on the Urdu mistakes or other stuff.....lol....I toh liked it from the get go for the atmospheric slow burn it was. The lack of direct preachiness really helped cuz I'm quite tired of that in most shows these days. 

It was mainly a family drama cuz all the main courtesans were related to each other either as sisters or cousins or daughters or nieces and the power struggles between them were well executed especially in terms of Malika's dynamic with every character being so distinct.....Waheeda's character had so many unexpected shades....tragic so many times, then sometimes also faking her crying and remorse to play victim....she constantly kept you on your toes about what she would choose to do even as uska popat hota rehta tha....lol 

I really liked that scene of Malika sitting in the fountain in the courtyard after she is violated by those British guys in order to free Alam.....what a performance from Manisha in that scene too and the way the frame was set up with the three fountains behind her was majestic ekdum....beautiful direction from Bhansali

Lovely gifs :) Sonakshi looked super gorgeous in all her outfits. 

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 15 days ago

I watched Laapata Ladies yesterday.....quite a simple, sweet watch :) 

Panchayat wala Banrakas was also in thissmiley36....actually the movie was giving me a little Panchayat vibes....and that girl who played Waheeda ki daughter Shama in Heeramandi was also in this as the Jaya character....I think she's a TV actress who has done some Zee show - her face looks familiar....anyways she did a good job in this film.