Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 days ago

Cringe and borefest after only 15 mnts into it. smiley12

Read somewhere he is going to follow this up with Sabzimandi. smiley36

bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Second review

After watching 6 episodes , rubbish absolutely rubbish .. besides looking gorgeous the show has nothing.. no story line,  no character development,  azaadi add on kar di to pretend that there was a point to this story

Initially i thought that Manisha was scary but as the story progressed her character is absolutely senseless.. there is no reason for anything she does.. she is just vicious bec she can be.. and her performance is absolutely ott and cartoonish.. caricature 

Sonali is wasted bec her story is ineffective.. and the less said about the new girl the better.. she doesn't have even enough talent to waste your time critiquing her

Sanjeeda and aditi had the best role... and sanjeeda would be my favorite performance ... you can literally feel her rage thru the screen

Everyone talks in 0.5 speed as if that is supposed to indicate some higher literary piece..

Pretentious piece of crap

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Somehow dragged myself until episode 3 with FF as my companion. Those who have already watched, please tell me if things will get interesting from here on at least.

SriRani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I watched the first few minutes of episode and I found it very boring though it’s grandeur. It’s the same feeling when I watched that sonam and Ranbir movie.

SriRani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Mugda

Prostitution should not be glorified with lavish sets and costumes. 

SLB's mother Leela Bhansali was from a low caste family and has an ancestral link with Tawaifs or courtesans.

He gave a tribute to his mother Leela Bhansali in Devdas where Kiran Kher played his mother's role. In that film Kiran Kher's character Sumitra was from a nauch family.

That is why Bhansali is obsessed with courtesan culture. His mother belongs to courtesan family. 

I really don’t know from where you got this info from but  SLB gave interview that he used to live bit close to Kamatiputra as a kid and he was moved by the conditions of the locality and people.

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/sanjay-leela-bhansali-tears-up-as-he-recalls-watching-sex-workers-as-a-schoolkid-7797009/

Posted: 16 days ago

Originally posted by: e1t53e

Somehow dragged myself until episode 3 with FF as my companion. Those who have already watched, please tell me if things will get interesting from here on at least.

Asalmu alaykym E1t53s Jaan ..afsos ke saath, aap ki ghalati kuch zyada tezi se karna hai, thoda ruk kar dekhuye aur insani andaz mein dekhiye, Khuda aap ye saath ho, Aur aapko kamyabi mile .. 🫡(FYI that's the closest to the addaab emjoi I can find)

Edited by D3viL - 16 days ago

Originally posted by: TheDecapitated

It was horrible, I fast forwarded after a point, couldn’t bear it. The story, writing and dialogues are just shockingly bad. Even the acting is OTT, and comical by most, except Aditi and Manisha to some extent. 

Only things that work are the mujra songs, they are all shot and choreographed beautifully. I loved aditi’s two songs and even the last one by Sharmin. Also the sets, but thats the usual.

Decapitated KhaalaJaan, shayad aap ka mood kharab tha, aur aap me maza nahi liya. Kya aap dobara show dekhna chahte hain? Khudaaafizz

Originally posted by: oh_nakhrewaali

Lol, no, I actually kept ffing 10 seconds, isiliye I said watch in 1.5 speed😅 well, the kid grows up to be.

You could actually just skip and watch the last two episodes, kuch nahi, sab aapas mein yedo ko tarah laad rahe until they are like "oh, the actual dushman are the English and nawaabs" but you might miss th context of how Malika, Fareedan and Wahida reach that conclusion.

*Spoiler alert*

Adhyanan Suman. He finds out on his marriage day with some nawaaban from Malika after he slaps Lajjo for doing a drunk tamasha at his wedding.

Mods, if someone makes a spoiler review threads, please shift this post there, thank you🙈

Nakhrewaali Jaan.. i read your review incorrectly, I thought you lasted till 1.5 episodes lololol .. once I read that I decided khalaas. If she couldn't do it I won't attempt. I googled suman .. look at this article! .. he was giving manisha cues lololololol ... I am up to episode 6 now.. and I've only seen him once. I think you should watch it at 1x speed.. its much more enjoyable lol

“On the first day, I was giving cues to Manisha Koirala. You can’t understand Bhansali’s sharpness. He heard my delivery in Urdu, and he looked at me and said, ‘Your dad taught you, didn’t he?'” Shekhar said that Adhyayan’s skills as a performer are to be credited 

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/sanjay-leela-bhansali-cried-and-kissed-my-hand-500-people-applauded-adhyayan-suman-says-he-was-possessed-by-his-dads-spirit-on-heeramandi-set-9293588/

Originally posted by: Mugda

Prostitution should not be glorified with lavish sets and costumes. 

SLB's mother Leela Bhansali was from a low caste family and has an ancestral link with Tawaifs or courtesans.

He gave a tribute to his mother Leela Bhansali in Devdas where Kiran Kher played his mother's role. In that film Kiran Kher's character Sumitra was from a nauch family.

That is why Bhansali is obsessed with courtesan culture. His mother belongs to courtesan family. 

I was wondering why SLB has the constant need to explore heeramandis and courtesans. It's a little but mental now and he probably needs therapy.

It's ridiculous that he says they live in beautiful mansions ..with beautiful rooms.. good food and good clothes and wear the finest jewellery and are happily sleeping with men. One of the few difficult aspects of living in the mansion is that the Malika of the house... might be evil. That's what I walked away with anyway...and that SLB needs help. 

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: D3viL

Nakhrewaali Jaan.. i read your review incorrectly, I thought you lasted till 1.5 episodes lololol .. once I read that I decided khalaas. If she couldn't do it I won't attempt. I googled suman .. look at this article! .. he was giving manisha cues lololololol ... I am up to episode 6 now.. and I've only seen him once. I think you should watch it at 1x speed.. its much more enjoyable lol

“On the first day, I was giving cues to Manisha Koirala. You can’t understand Bhansali’s sharpness. He heard my delivery in Urdu, and he looked at me and said, ‘Your dad taught you, didn’t he?'” Shekhar said that Adhyayan’s skills as a performer are to be credited 

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/sanjay-leela-bhansali-cried-and-kissed-my-hand-500-people-applauded-adhyayan-suman-says-he-was-possessed-by-his-dads-spirit-on-heeramandi-set-9293588/

Urdu??? Kaunse scene mein Urdu bole hai bhaisaab? He may have some words at the wedding scene, but that's it. Atleast taha and Alam had poetry. Jhoot toh hadd mein bolo... He and Alam are the worst! Shekhar suman and Fardeen are next and are only lucky because they have nothing much to do, so they don't get tested!

Nahi, Taha aur Alam ki shaayari aur sunani padi toh to dungi, bas hua😭

Idk name of the actress who plays Alam🤣