Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DevilHere thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 6 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 13 days ago

Originally posted by: Basskarrr

Agree about the hyperlink on usernames . 

Bold: so I was not wrong. There is in fact a bad gradient and also an outline around the rectangle quote box which is adding weight to it. The quote box was always rectangle … now it makes sense why the new one looks bulky and cluttered, not easy on the eyes - add to it the Expand option

Thank god for the change
if you know even a little bit of frontend just do a inspect , omg makes my skin crawl and wants me to rewrite the whole thing myself and i'm a backend dev
It's truly such bad code practices 

Edited by DevilHere - 13 days ago
DevilHere thumbnail

Edited by DevilHere - 13 days ago
Vedika.Kapoor thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sutapasima

Dear friends.  IF was working on old version of html... the site has been recreated using latest version of html /css.

We do have to keep abreast with the changing  times .

Please give some time to technical team to fix the bugs/ change the issues. 

HTML/CSS update does not usually mean drastic UI design changes unless neccessary. Also the fact that it has been updated to the latest version would be more ideal to modernise the UI rather than making it backforward 

I am not saying stay with old design or layout. As time progresses we all need to modernise and update the UI. IK this from my own professional experience. However I wonder how it has gone backwards. On top the site does not look responsive at all and more cluttered. Even basics such as what cursor to have when in desktop is missing. Everything looks so chunky and scaled up and also the way fonts have been made more bold and bigger is also not a good UX. One needs to allow for a proper hirachy type system and a fixed color palette. Allow for enough padding and margins for users to breath and making quotes smaller is ok but there can be a nicer and more simple way to do it rather than adding a chunky button and a grey gradient which imao doesnt solve the purpose 

Edited by Vedika.Kapoor - 13 days ago
vijay thumbnail

Idea Innovators

Originally posted by: DevilHere

The layout has started to look like first year CSE students project instead of a proper website, I have no clue what version update was done with the HTML/CSS the layout isnt responsive and i don't have any clue how this UX got approved or how this release was made with so many bugs.  No clue what's the size of tech staff at IF but isn't there any staging or preview environment and a QA

Edit : Take my words back 12th standard student writing CSS does a better job. Whoever told you they were upgrading to newer CSS practices was lying through their teeth , Just did an inspect to look at the CSS using paragraph tags to add spacing smiley22, the margin, padding properties are available in css since inception also and display:flex also has a gap property since forever . This is just basics it's so bad it's beyond imagination that a fully functional site would look like that

Well you need to study CSS more … easy to criticize others without complete knowledge. 

We have to maintain 20 years of data that have been posted by members. Using gap property for this would mean it taking a whole row as many places all data is not inside any other element like p or span tag making it a direct child to flex/grid. 

The earlier layout was using older version of Bootstrap, and was using float instead of flex or grid.

DevilHere thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijay

Well you need to study CSS more … easy to criticize others without complete knowledge. 

We have to maintain 20 years of data that have been posted by members. Using gap property for this would mean it taking a whole row as many places all data is not inside any other element like p or span tag making it a direct child to flex/grid. 

The earlier layout was using older version of Bootstrap, and was using float instead of flex or grid.

I don't wish to offend anyone out here and I'm pointing out flaws that i saw and trust me i do have enough knowledge of UI tech stacks and not just basic HTML/CSS and web design to know what I'm talking about .
Just to point out having to maintain a large amount of data or older data has nothing to do with how that particular data is rendered for the user those are two very different problems to solve 
Also that's exactly what i mean when I say the layout seemed improper . Not quite sure what you mean when you say gap property would add a row , the only thing a gap property does is add the configured space between child elements as small a space as needed , even if for some reason gap doesn't do the work you can add some extra margin and padding ,there's never a reason to add an extra p tag or any tag for that matter just to add spacing 

Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6

Vijay ji,

Why not do a beta testing before rolling out the new change? Just a suggestion smiley9 

Instead of just changing it and we members who use IF coming to know about it, after the change, why not let us keep in loop and do a beta testing, example for 3-4 days and then we all can decide.

BeingBlunt thumbnail

Quality Enforcers

The current update reminds me of a hindi quote

" Chaube ji chale the chabbe banne, dube bankar laute. smiley36

Anyways its their site and we will have to make up with it if we have to use it.

Quite sad that the only mobile friendly forum that i use is also going down. smiley18

Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6

IF ab IF nahi rha...smiley38

Arko1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Here to report another bug. Space wastage when we write short posts. Pls fix it.

Screenshot_2024-04-20-18-36-51-108_com.brave.browser-edit.jpg

Edited by Arko1 - 13 days ago
md410 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

I do not see  “Reply quote option at the end in posts” 

Please fix it. It looks like as if I am not logged in.