Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: MaebyFunke

Exactly. I was looking for a sane voice here other than the "my star, your star" cribbing. It's a bizzare list. I can't list one thing these so called stars have done other than starring in movies for earning millions. 

at least dp has a LLL foundation program that helped millions in school and everywhere and made sure some places have free access to health. What did alia do for the community? alia did nothing 

Edited by Terenaina - 1 months ago
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

why the overhyped rk in the forum is not in the list ever lol why he is never in the major lists? popular actors india loves last year ranking ormax, no rk in the list

https://twitter.com/OrmaxMedia/status/1716085160657944660?lang=en

Edited by Terenaina - 1 months ago
hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Clochette

https://time.com/collection/100-most-influential-people-2024/

This list has only 97 persons...3 got'lost'??? (among the 3 SRK)...or are there more than one Times 100 lists???

I agree with Alpenliebe...I wonder how some of the people made it on this list...

If the forum would make a list I won't wonder to see Alia among the top ten...her persona really influences the writing in this forum smiley4

Btw, SRK 'jumped' from 50 to 27...I wonder in which category he got 'forgotten'...or are the 3 missing a category of their own???

EDIT: I went back to the first page and noticed that I was mistaken with the lists..."Time 100" has Alia Bhatt, but SRK is on another list that has nothing to do with the "Time 100"... well, I should have noticed that it was "Indian Express"...my bad smiley9

SRK was on Time 100 last year, not this year. He doesn't care and didn't even attend the Time 100 party/dinner in NYC. 

Alia and Dev Patel are on it this year. Other actors have been on the list in other years. Even Ayushman Khurana has been on it. It has no real meaning. I don't know why people are having a meltdown. 

hotchoco thumbnail

Originally posted by: Supari_khala

Was Karan Johar in charge of coming up with the list? Did he throw Deepika in there to make him look less suss?

Deepika is not on the Time 100 list. She was on it a few years ago. 

I think people are getting confused between the Indian Express 100 list and Time 100. 

Alia is the only BW actor on the Time list this year. 

The Indian Express list is mostly politicians and business people. The BW related names are SRK at 27, Alia at 79, Deepika at 87, KJo at 97 and Amitabh Bachchan at 99. 

Edited by hotchoco - 1 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: hotchoco

Even Ayushman Khurana has been on it. It has no real meaning. I don't know why people are having a meltdown. 

Anyone can be on it seems. Maybe us next year smiley36

hotchoco thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Anyone can be on it seems. Maybe us next year smiley36

Seriously. Indians go so crazy over some tiny bit of white validation. Who cares who is on the list and what difference does it make on their actual career? 

They will always throw in some foreign names to look global - the same way they've been throwing them small movie roles or inviting them to awards shows or MET gala or whatever. It helps them get a billion plus population to become aware of their shows/magazines/movies. They have nothing to lose. But Indians also need to be better than going wild over these scraps that are thrown at them. 

Edited by hotchoco - 1 months ago
Alpenliebe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: MaebyFunke

Exactly. I was looking for a sane voice here other than the "my star, your star" cribbing. It's a bizzare list. I can't list one thing these so called stars have done other than starring in movies for earning millions. 

Nowadays everything has become so superficial. In coming years we will see insta and tiktok influencers in this list. I am a big time Taylor Swift fan but never understood why she was the most influential last year. I think this list has become a measurement of popularity and has lost validation long before.

I have seen Jenni Hermoso's struggle after that famous kissing scandal in WC. How the misogynist Spanish people and media treated her and favoured Rubiales. How RFEF supported Rubiales initially. Ultimately that goon got arrested. She truly deserves to be in that list. Then you have the likes of Alia, Dua lipa, Kylie Minogue , Burna Boy! Like seriously? 

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Will there be an gala event or something for this? 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Critique Crusaders

Originally posted by: Nishita123

Yes and Urvashi Rautela will be there too , for being the most youngest most successful person who remained off of the list 

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 1 months ago
Briaahna thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nishita123

I believe so, in NY on Apr 25🤞