Will we not see movies like Piku, EV, Kahani in cinemas anymore? - Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Raijeera thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Millenium Squad

Posted: 4 months ago

[QUOTE=Maroonporsche]

Trends always change, in 2/3 years something else could work 

But watching movies at home is easier no matter which film 

[/QUOTE

I enjoy watching movie at home too. 

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Fantasy Force

Such movies come once in a while. You will not get to see such movies everyday. I have hopes from Deepika and Amitabh's The intern remake. I hope they adjust the story to Indian culture. 

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Good riddance! Such movies deserved to be watched on TVs at home not the big screen.

roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Seeing movies on Netflix or Amazon is not bad as low budget movies can get a chance to be seen and appreciated too. I remember watching Kahani in an empty theater. Such movies don't get the money back and mostly critical acclaim which makes OTT releases worth. Also, more people prefer watching it at home or on their mobile.

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: diasingh2

Yeah a "flop" film with 1 Billion world wide gross.... smiley29

LMAOsmiley36

DDD flopped in India..overseas it did well

Since verdicts are given on india net..DDD was labelled a flop / below average 

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: roni_berna

Seeing movies on Netflix or Amazon is not bad as low budget movies can get a chance to be seen and appreciated too. I remember watching Kahani in an empty theater. Such movies don't get the money back and mostly critical acclaim which makes OTT releases worth. Also, more people prefer watching it at home or on their mobile.

Kahani was a superhit

It was made on a budget of 8cr and it did 60cr india net with a 1 Billion worldwide gross

It picked up..so may be cinemas were empty in 1st weekend considering it opened at only 2cr but look where it ended

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Aamirs next movie Sitaare Zameen Par is social comedy/drama like Dunki. 

He plays the coach of a sports team of handicap kids. I don’t think much room for action.

Let’s see if that works 

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I think people are unnecessarily calling doomsday on non-action movies in theaters 

It's all about maintaining the budget of such movies. Just because a movie is not hitting 300-400-500 clubs doesn't mean it's not a HIT. This year has seen so many non-action movies being successful and getting hit and semi hit tags. 

TJMM, Zara Hatke, Satyaprem, omg2, dream girl 2, fukrey 3, 12th fail, etc. Dunki and Sam Bahadur will also get hit tags. Please don't take BOI to heart: they have been orgasming over the success of out and out action movies for ages now, and downplaying any other genre calling it a fluke and what not. 

This has been one of the best years ever for Bolly even if we take out the big blockbusters. Audiences have come out in theaters for movies they have found interesting and honest. 

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

The thing is theater watching is a very expensive thing and many are not able to afford it. With the amount you spend on one movie, you can get a Netflix or Prime subscription for a full year.

In the Hollywood also even the A++ listers like Leonardo don’t hesitate to premiere their movies on OTT. Hope the Indian actors too let go of their useless egos and be open for the OTT depending upon the kind of project. Bigscreen release shouldn’t be made into some kind of a hallmark for the star actors. All the movies mentioned in the title can very well be watched at home and be enjoyed just the same. 

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: loginidran

The thing is theater watching is a very expensive thing and many are not able to afford it. With the amount you spend on one movie, you can get a Netflix or Prime subscription for a full year.

In the Hollywood also even the A++ listers like Leonardo don’t hesitate to premiere their movies on OTT. Hope the Indian actors too let go of their useless egos and be open for the OTT depending upon the kind of project. Bigscreen release shouldn’t be made into some kind of a hallmark for the star actors. All the movies mentioned in the title can very well be watched at home and be enjoyed just the same. 

Which movie did Leo premier on OTT ? I can only think of Don't Look Up and even that had a 2 week limited release in theaters before coming on Netflix

This has nothing to do with egos. Despite the underperfomance Dunki did well at the theaters and earned money for the theaters and distributors. Ditto for Sam Bahadur. I am glad production houses are going back to having a big gap between Theatrical release and OTT release. Else movie theaters are going to die. 

Also you can praise OTT content and performances all you want, it will still be a secondary platform for movies because there is no exclusivity there. Come awards season, awards toh theater release ko hi jayenge. 

Like in cricket, OTT is like IPL, easily accessible and fun and people pleaser. Lekin World cup will be the trophy that matters