Views

Users

Frequent Posters

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

I absolutely despise Vanga. 

Now that we are waking up to his problematic movie making, let’s all bash Anurag Kashyap equally if not more. Kashyap started this gaali galoch, nudity, violence crime infested genre. 
Vanga took it not higher and suddenly the Kashyap supporters are uncomfortable. 

Not only Kashyap , even Farhan Akhtar made Mirzapur and the recently violent Bambai Meri Jaan . The only difference between them and Vanga is that they are left leaning while he doesn’t give a damn about anyone.

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Joannna

Actor Swanand Kirkire on Ranbir Kapoor's 'Animal': 'Felt pity for women of today's generation after watching the film' 

In a series of tweets on X, the actor and writer spoke about the problematic aspects of the Sandeep Reddy Vanga directorial in detail 

FP Staff December 03, 2023 12:43:45 IST

Ranbir Kapoor’s Animal is doing monstrous business at the box-office and has collected over Rs 113 crore at the box-office in just two days. However, actor and writer Swanand Kirkire has a critical opinion of the film. In a series of tweets on X, the actor and writer spoke about the problematic aspects of the Sandeep Reddy Vanga directorial in detail.

He said, “Shantaram’s Aurat (In his last post, he corrected that Mehboob Khan made Aurat), Guru Dutt’s Saheb Biwi aur Ghulam, Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s Anupama, Shyam Benegal’s Ankur and Bhumika, Ketan Mehta’s Mirch Masala, Sudhir Mishra’s Main Zinda Hoon, Gauri Shinde’s English Vinglish, Vikas Behal’s Queen Shoojit Sarkar’s Piku, and many such films in Indian cinema that taught me how to respect a woman, her rights and her autonomy and even after understanding everything, there are still many shortcomings in this age-old thinking. I don’t know whether I succeeded or not, but even today I am constantly trying to improve myself. All thanks to cinema.”

शांतराम की – औरत , गुरुदुत्त की – साहब बीवी और ग़ुलाम , हृषीकेश मुखर्जी की – अनुपमा , श्याम बेनेगल की अंकुर और भूमिका , केतन मेहता की मिर्च मसाला , सुधीर मिश्रा की मैं ज़िंदा हूँ , गौरी शिंदे की इंगलिश विंगलिश , बहल की क्वीन सुजीत सरकार की पीकू आदि , हिंदुस्तानी सिनेमा

— Swanand Kirkire (@swanandkirkire) December 2, 2023

He added, “But today after watching the movie Animal, I really felt pity for the women of today’s generation. Now, a new man has been prepared for you, who is more scary, who does not respect you that much and who aims to subdue you, suppress you and feels proud of himself. When you, the girls of today’s generation, were sitting in that cinema hall and applauding Rashmika, I in my mind paid tribute to every idea of ​​equality. I have come home desperate, dejected and weak!”

Kirkire concluded- “concluded, “Ranbir’s dialogue in which he defines alpha male and says that those men who not able to become alpha, they become poets to get the pleasure of all women and start making promises of breaking the moon and stars. I am a poet! I do poetry to live! Is there a place for me? A film is making a lot of money and the glorious history of Indian cinema is being embarrassed. In my understanding, this film will determine the future of Indian cinema afresh, in a different, terrible and dangerous direction.”

the same old rona dhona. With vichar like his, his movies need to be avoided like the plaguesmiley36

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: diasingh2

Like I mentioned in my review of the film,  the only correct way to watch this film is to see it as if you are watching Mahabarata, but from Duryodhan's POV. That somehow makes it palatable

This was a great advice given to me by my elder brother.smiley20

My brother wanted me to watch this film because he wanted me to learn what some twisted men are capable of, and what kind of guys I should avoid in real life. smiley36 

Sounds weird but that's his way of showing me that he cares for me.smiley36

That is very sound advice. Your brother is very wise. I am not a Ranbir fan so the combo of lead actor and story make me very reluctant to ever watch it and certainly not support it in theaters, but if I ever do watch it on streaming, I will be sure to keep your brother's advice in mind to view it from that perspective.

Kabir Singh I actually did not mind but I viewed that film as an unintentional comedy because I found it so outrageous and ridiculous. Animal sounds far more graphic from everything I'm reading.

Hopefully you never encounter any males like the ones you saw in Animal. Keep a wide berth from them.

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

Not only Kashyap , even Farhan Akhtar made Mirzapur and the recently violent Bambai Meri Jaan . The only difference between them and Vanga is that they are left leaning while he doesn’t give a damn about anyone.

Agreed. Kashyap has liberal privilege so usko sab maaf. 

All said n done, Vanga deserves 4 kaan ke niche. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Didn't read the last 3 pages as I wanted to reply to NimbuMirchi's post...as NM has blocked me, I copy-paste the post here:

"I absolutely despise Vanga. 

Now that we are waking up to his problematic movie making, let’s all bash Anurag Kashyap equally if not more. Kashyap started this gaali galoch, nudity, violence crime infested genre. 
Vanga took it not higher and suddenly the Kashyap supporters are uncomfortable. 

Let’s not forget item songs. Blame everyone involved"

To me, a sweeping swipe at Hindi Cinema is simply ridiculous.

Personally, I don't "despise" Vanga, I just accuse him of using a commercial art for an ego trip by making a pretentious and shitty movie (at least the last 2 hours are a betrayal to the audience).

However, I despise all those who - having watched the movie or not - praised it, hyped it, lied about it (for whatever gain) so that far too many people (mostly adrenaline-hungry men) supported - certainly more than once paying - a movie that for the most time talked to body parts below the belt (violence & sex).

Edited by Clochette - 5 months ago
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Action Alliance

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Action Alliance

The youth the ones who seeing it the most n why not when it’s whst they enjoy n we can here moral police etc but when in place like Gujarat where even drinking is prohibited this movie is some high to them.The has tag is not the lead lady but the one who had the smaller role  Tripti n we know the reasons. Still hoping better sense prevail. Only highlight is the song is trending n this Punjabi song and singer is getting recognition which it should the rest smh https://x.com/I_Ranbir_Fan/status/1731874037771501678?s=20

Edited by wat_up - 5 months ago