Frequent Posters

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Dialogue Dynamos

Posted: 9 months ago

Originally posted by: oh_nakhrewaali

J

I would love to, but someone write part 2 to get my brain kick staring🙈

Shibu, tumhe hi part 2 likhna padega.

You can explore the characters' life or put them in the middle of some action. 

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Narrative Ninjas

Oops sorry wrong post 😳

Edited by LizzieBennet - 9 months ago
Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Dialogue Dynamos

Tannu, you wanna write? See pg 1.

whats.up.danger thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

koi dikh nahi Raha. 

Meghu, Nikki? How about you guys?

i will try to check out the thread soon 😊

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Narrative Ninjas

I have a little plot bunny for this one. Is anyone writing the next segment? If not, I'll take it up 😳

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Dialogue Dynamos

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

I have a little plot bunny for this one. Is anyone writing the next segment? If not, I'll take it up 😳

likho please 

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Narrative Ninjas

Segment # 2

"The autopsy report just came in," Raghav flung a thick bunch of papers on Kesha's already cluttered desk.  

Kesha looked up from her laptop, rubbing her eyes tiredly. "Just tell me, bro."

"Natural causes," shrugged Raghav, pushing away a messy pile to make room for himself.

Kesha let out a loud snort. "Yeah right. Natural causes, my ass. Johnny was 38, he led an active and healthy lifestyle, played Golf and Tennis every weekend, and ran the last half marathon. They're covering up something."

"It's been known to happen. Johnny is a high profile case." Raghav sounded casual. Too casual. Kesha narrowed her eyes.

"I know you're upto something. Out with it."

Raghav pulled his phone out from the hip pocket of his snug-fitting jeans and placed it atop another mountainous pile on the desk.

"What are we looking at?"

"Nothing. We're waiting."

"Waiting. For what? Your girlfriend?" scoffed Kesha and was shocked to see a faint blush form on Raghav's cheeks. Bingo!

"We're waiting for a call from the assistant pathologist at Panacea General."

"And who's that?"

"Dr. Anahita Choksey," mumbled Raghav and Kesha smirked.

The phone rang. Raghav picked it up and mumbled a few words hanging up with a "Thanks, Ana. I owe you one."

Kesha burst out laughing. "Ana? Oh God, you and the pathologist! I knew with that face you had to be a player but I had no idea just how far you've spread your wings!"

"Stop smirking. This is big. Ana just told me the lab tests revealed nothing conclusive but they're suspecting a rare poison has been used."

"What is it?" Kesha said eagerly.

"It's something called prostaxanthium or PRO-X. Nothing much is known about it, scientists and chemists around the world are still researching it but preliminary studies have shown it to be an untraceable poison causing almost instantaneous death that mirrors natural causes."

Kesha drew a deep breath. "That's it. That's our clue. We have to track this drug's sources."

"On it. But I have more."

"What else have you found out, Don Juan?"

"Uhmm, a friend of mine has a son that works at the cybercrime unit specializing in the dark web. I called in a favor."

"Ohhkay... does this friend have a name? I'm assuming a female friend? Do I want to know?"

"No." Raghav said firmly earning a loud cackle from Kesha. 

"Anyway, he was able to pull up some information on assassins that pick up jobs on the dark web. It's a network."

"And?"

"I have a list but we don't know who runs it." Raghav placed another printed sheet before Kesha. She stared at the names.

"I have circled the two whose MOs match what we're looking for."

"Quinton, &....Thysian. We were already on to Thysian. Do we know anything else about them?"

"Nope. But my friend's son has promised he'll have more information for me soon." 

"Good work, Raghav. Your erm..undercover skills have served us well." 

She grinned at his sheepish look.

"Go home. You deserve to."

"You?"

"I'm going to stick around for a while."

"No hot date?" Raghav teased and Kesha let out a long sigh.

"My love life has been as barren as the Gobi desert and you know it." 

Unbidden, a pair of green eyes flashed before her. Ames. She hadn't been able to get her out of her mind.

--------

The phone rang piercing through the stillness and Kesha awoke with a jerk, looking around in confusion to realize she was still in her tiny office, having fallen asleep on her desk.

She gazed at the time on her phone that was still ringing persistently. 5 am. God, she had slept through the night!

"Inspector Kesha Crime Branch," she said crisply, her tone betraying no trace of sleepiness.

"Inspector...," said a male voice and Kesha's trained ears immediately detected severe anxiety and fear.

"Inspector," the voice began again. "This is Freddie, from Cafe Libera?"

Kesha nodded, recognition flooding her. She had seen him a few times when she'd gone in for her early morning cuppa.

"I came in for my usual shift this morning and was cleaning up, getting ready to open and I went into the store room to get supplies and.. and..."

"And?"

"Inspector. It's Maria. She's laying on the floor of the store room and and...." his voice trailed off.

Kesha's heart clutched in fear.

"Speak up, man!"

"She looks like she's fast asleep, but she won't wake up."

Kesha was already on her feet.

"For God's sake, is she breathing? Call Emergency."

"I have & I don't detect a heartbeat," Freddie's voice trembled. "But Inspector..."

"What?" she snapped, her long strides taking her to her car in seconds.

"It's so strange. She.. she's got a peaceful look on her face and she... she's smiling."

---------------------------

I wanted to bring in a possible scenario for Ames and Kesha to work together. Since they're both friends with Maria and anything happening to her would affect them both personally. But it's up to the next writer to take it where they want to.

PRO-X is a fictional drug, nothing of that kind exists. 

Edited by LizzieBennet - 9 months ago
LizzieBennet thumbnail

Narrative Ninjas

No reaction/ thoughts on my segment? Itna bura tha kya? 🤔

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Dialogue Dynamos

Keep her alive, even comatose is fine but I need her alive 😭