Fixed: Glitch in the Change / Reset password page

Posted: 10 months ago

Hello everyone!

We have fixed the long withstanding glitch in the reset password page that was causing trouble for some of our users who were trying to put simple passwords which was not compatible with our password policy and thus getting an error. This must have been very frustrating and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Our password policy is designed to ensure that your passwords are strong and secure. 

Password Policy:

• Password must have at least 8 characters
  • Password must contain at least one digit
  • Password must contain at least one uppercase letter
  • Password must have at least one special character

We have now resolved this issue and you should be able to reset your password without any problems. Just go to the change password page (Under Settings page) or if you no longer remember your password use the  "Forgot password?" link. You will receive an email with a link to create a new password. Make sure you follow our password policy and you should be good to go.

We appreciate your feedback and support. Please let us know if you encounter any other issues or have any suggestions for improvement.

Regards,
Vijay

After being on IF for 14 years, today I changed my password for the first time since I made this accountšŸ¤“

Dear Vijay , thank you and your technical team for all the hard work that goes behind the scenes to keep this site updated and continuous removal of bugs and glitches ā€¦

I have a query, is it a must to have a special character ?

My PW a has more than 8 alphabets, including  a few upper case ones, a few numbers/ digits, but no special character. Itā€™s been working fine until now . 

Does that mean if I log out now, Iā€™ll not be able to log in ? please do share dear Vijay . Am a little concerned.

Edited by Sutapasima - 10 months ago
Originally posted by Sutapasima

Dear Vijay , thank you and your technical team for all the hard work that goes behind the scenes to keep this site updated and Co tinuous removal of bugs and glitches ā€¦

I have. Query, is it a must to have a special character ?

My PW a has more than 8 alphabets, including  a few upper case ones, a few numbers/ digits, but no special character. Itā€™s been working fine until now . 

Does that mean if I log out now I Iā€™ll not be able to log in ? please do share dear Vijay . Am a little concerned.

Well we have not made any new policy change and these have been there since we revamped the website. If you have changed your password after that it should be fine.

And even if it is not working you can simply use the Forgot Password option. Or you can proactively update your password right now through the Settings > Password page.

Do let me know how it is working at your end.

Regards,

Originally posted by vijay

Well we have not made any new policy change and these have been there since we revamped the website. If you have changed your password after that it should be fine.

And even if it is not working you can simply use the Forgot Password option. Or you can proactively update your password right now through the Settings > Password page.

Do let me know how it is working at your end.

Regards,

Thank you dear Vijay 

I logged out and logged in again .

I faced no problem even though my PW had no special character in it . 

Edited by Sutapasima - 10 months ago
Originally posted by Sutapasima

Thank you dear Vijay 

I logged out and logged in again .

I faced no problem even though my PW had no special character in it . 

For account safety we suggest users to update their Password once every 6 months. I use the Browser builtin password manager to suggest me new password which even I don't remember. šŸ˜Š

And every website should have its own unique password.

I was facing so many issues since a past couple of hours since my PW didnā€™t have the required special characters, my previous email ID wasnā€™t accessible and I was unable to login šŸ˜­šŸ˜­. Tried doing everything but it just couldnā€™t work. Now the issue seems to have fixed on its own and the first thing I am doing is changing my email ID. Thankyou for fixing the glitch Vijay, it was really frustrating!

Originally posted by vijay

For account safety we suggest users to update their Password once every 6 months. I use the Browser builtin password manager to suggest me new password which even I don't remember. šŸ˜Š

And every website should have its own unique password.

I am having issues while trying to change my Email ID, I am typing in my current active one but itā€™s saying that ā€œitā€™s already registeredā€. I might have signed up using my gmail account may be thatā€™s why. Do I have to login from that account now or deactivate it or something?

Originally posted by infinity101

I am having issues while trying to change my Email ID, I am typing in my current active one but itā€™s saying that ā€œitā€™s already registeredā€. I might have signed up using my gmail account may be thatā€™s why. Do I have to login from that account now or deactivate it or something?

The easy way would be to login to that account. Change your email to something else. If you do not have any other email use a non-existing one. (just remember your password so that in case you want to access this account later)

Once that is done. Login to this account and update your active email here.

Let me know if that works for you.

Omg that was the issue yesterday šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

I was thinking something had gone wrong on my end and I was sure my password was not incorrect each time I typed it in šŸ˜‚

Couldnā€™t even log in to change the password when it said I needed a special character so had to use the forgot password option to update it šŸ˜†