Posted: 1 years ago

My take on contestants: We all say that don't focus on the emotional drama, focus on the talent. Right but its easy to criticize people, its hard to appreciate them. So trying my best to balance my opinion

Aruna - Her entrepreneurial skills are amazing. She used that skills and won the team service challenge. She was the one who least panicked during the immunity pin challenge.  Ya she did make a mistake of allotting a lot of work to Nayan but still they were better organized. She made a mistake there.  A balanced cook as of now.

Nayanjyoti - I don't know why people don't talk about him. His Instagram Page was the most professional one. His presentation was amazing in his page. He is preparing desserts and said he is weak in savory. I was surprised to know this. He didn't know what Mysore Pak is. And he was nervous with the moong dal. I am sure he could have worked with the moong dal, but I see he is less confident, he can do it, but he is limiting himself.  I wanted to see his honey comb candy, as Ranveer Said "The stamp of Nayanjyoti is missing" I was sure that he would have created something good with honey, because even he knows the palate of honey, so he would have worked accordingly. I am a singer and when I am nervous, my voice goes from good to worse, that is happening with him. In the team service challenge, he was allotted most of the work, but he did it. I see confidence is missing in him. While making tart in Goa, he could have innovated something else but he is playing safe. I personally like him, but he is under confident. He cant be a good leader.

Gurkirat - A guy with a fun element in the show. He can do wonders if he wants to. Going out of the comfort zone and find him to be a moody guy. He is not serious but its ok. I feel that he said that he was not good physically/ mentally before appearing MC, I feel he tries to be happy on sets and that's why maybe he stays less serious. When Ranveer played with him saying Riks and Risk, Crips and Crisp, was so cute. He keeps the atmosphere light. He works hard if needed, example in the team service challenge when he had to make the starter. He even saved the team in the Mediterranean challenge.

Deepa - She is also good, her sense of flavors is amazing. I appreciate the knowledge she has regarding the international cuisine. Much experience she has. Aruna's captaincy made the team win, but also Deepa's flavors were appreciated. I think she is a decent cook. Still to find anything negative in her. So calm and composed, never blames anyone. Such a silent lady she is, she speaks with her flavors. But was not impressed with her during the Portuguese challenge

Avinash - Honestly Nayanjyoti, Avinash and Baa were the three people I liked them from the moment I saw them. I dont know much about Odia cuisine but I was simply amazed to see his audition dish. MC is not giving enough screen space to him. I want to talk more about him, but screen space is not allowing me to speak more. It was because of him they won the first group challenge, but his credit was taken by Dyuti as she served the dessert. People said that because of dyuti the team won. No one wanted him in the Mediterranean challenge, but he proved himself

Vineet - Impressed with him in the hybrid cuisine of UP & Myanmar challenge. His presentation skills are good. He doesn't speak much but his dishes speak. Aruna trusted him in the team service challenge and he stood by her expectations. But the dessert was not good enough in the Mediterranean challenge. I think he is loosing the interest to win the Masterchef title.

Kamaldeep - I didn't expect that she will cook all the cuisines but she is doing it. When Ranveer said that every contestant should consider her as a tough competitor. I thought she will be safe in the first task but she had to perform till the elimination. She cooked for half an hour and she couldn't figure out whether it was a duck or chicken, I don't find this to be true. And then telling to judges she was planning to cook chicken. She is looking tired in Goa. 

Priyanka - The most discussed contestant of this show. We criticize her, but in the end we will remember her. She has nice flavors but she is not a good leader. Blaming others and all. I believe not every time everyone is at fault, hamare khud ki bhi galati hoti hai. She is Over confident about herself. But I can't forget that she almost helped Baa in cooking Durian Ka Taj in those 60 minutes. Isn't this a helpful act in a competition. I don't know whether she is favored or not. If she is favored then Garima would not have been strict to her in the Italian team challenge and in the Mediterranean challenge. She literally scolded her. Even Ranveer said the pressure on Priyanka is higher than others. As of now, I am not thinking she is favored, talking that she is not favored and giving my opinion. Yeah, Priyanka is being highlighted, her opinions are shown. Even Nayan cooked that Saffron Dish, but whole credit was taken by Priyanka. 

Sachin - A young boy, I saw a second RipuDaman Handa in him during the auditions, but he is failing to stand by my expectations. Sachin is really trying to attempt the dish and move away that's it. In that gelato thing, I didn't like his attitude. He takes things very lightly

Priya - Here people feel she is not deserving and it is getting easy for her, yes she is the lucky one who has to cook less. But I think in Goa she did a good job. People feel that saving a contestant is an act of favouring. Then remember in Roadies vote out, to save a contestant happens randomly. The soup she made was spicy, but the judges didn't appreciate the dish infact they give a truth opinion about the soup. Ranveer made a weird face while tasting her sauce in the Portuguese challenge. She was safe because of the team, then in the Mediterranean challenge the yellow team's Mezze Platter was not good, whosoever made it was safe because of Gurkirat, Aruna, Avinash. She  really did a good job in the Mediterranean challenge as far there was a less chaos in her team.

Suvarna - The only one good thing she made was Mazha Pie and she got so overconfident about it. The less said about her is better. The most undeserving contestant

Shanta - An amazing contestant, she cooks amazing. That Sushi of hers and That Chinese Dimsum of hers. I remember her those two dishes clearly. But I don't feel she can make it to the last. I will like to see her till the end. In team task I can see less glimpses of her. Why is it so? 

This is totally my opinion, may I be differing, no offences to anybody, I don't know much about cooking, I know a limited stuff. As you guys are talking, few of you might be cooking regularly. I don't cook regularly, so my opinions might not be on point

Thank You

Kosha

Edited by musicalstorm - 1 years ago

Priyanka is good so far..but just hope she doesn't turn into another Oindrila..a good cook, great at desserts but sort of unlikable n self centred person

You forgot shanta  kosha😔

I feel some of the contestants are good but they tend to reserve themselves either to their cultural food, cooking sweet/savory preference, loss of interest, and with passing time and episodes (dullness starts to appear). I do feel Aruna and Deepa-ji are my preferred contestants with Deepa-ji taking the cake. 

Originally posted by Kyahikahoon

Priyanka is good so far..but just hope she doesn't turn into another Oindrila..a good cook, great at desserts but sort of unlikable n self centred person

Oindrila was so irritating. 

In this season Suvarna is irritating

Priyanka I can bear her but she speaks so much yaar

Originally posted by dipali13

You forgot shanta  kosha😔

That line deleted by mistake 

Edit karti hu

Originally posted by KabutarHoled20

I feel some of the contestants are good but they tend to reserve themselves either to their cultural food, cooking sweet/savory preference, loss of interest, and with passing time and episodes (dullness starts to appear). I do feel Aruna and Deepa-ji are my preferred contestants with Deepa-ji taking the cake. 

You are absolutely right. They're reserving themselves, they can do much better

Edited Dipali..

Your birthday was in January Right? 

I remembered the month but forgot the date

Belated Happy birthday 🎉

Originally posted by KabutarHoled20

Observed this with KDK..and even Deepa.

They r great cooks..they may be here for the love of cooking and the pressure is getting to them..u lose interest when u don't enjoy what u r doing. 

I can't imagine myself in that pressure situation..need relaxed vibes and the entire kitchen to myself. 

KDK maybe unwell..let's see further episodes

Vineet has put up a sweet post with Suvarna