Frequent Posters

LizzieBennet thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: EuphoricDamsel

You started at 23?!!!!!!! 😲

You missed everything in the start? The good sass? Ohhh noooooo whyyyy 🤡

I would have given you 170 Pages wala online link😆

Jaldi nipat jata. 

No No- I’m on Chapter 23! 😆 why would I start there? 😆 I read from the start until Chapter 23 and this book has like 58 chapters! So a long way to go still 

LizzieBennet thumbnail

I tried getting my hands on 'Murder At The Vicarage' in my last purchase and it went out of stock SO SOON I had to replace it with 'Death In The Clouds' - Which I didn't like as much as I thought I would. Got a bit stretchyyyy. 

This purchase I'll add stuff surely. 

You buy your Christies? No other way to get them where you live? Ahh I remember liking Death in the clouds but it’s been a while since I read so idk … 

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

You buy your Christies? No other way to get them where you live? Ahh I remember liking Death in the clouds but it’s been a while since I read so idk … 

I have the PDFs.. been like 10 years now😆

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Hiiiiii Sathya. Good to hear from you! How have you been? 🤗

I’m not crazy about first person books and this one has changing PoVs so that makes it more jarring for me- switching the narrative in my head 😆 Look at me, I’m such a hypocrite - saying this after writing a loooong switching-PoV- first-person- narrative FF woh bhi in present tense (all my least favourite narrative types 😆)

I tried writing an OS in first person.. my one and only work in that style..

Didn't enjoy it as much tho.. 😆 I love knowing what's going on everywhere so omniscient POV all the way, or sometimes third person limited or unreliable narrator.. 

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: DelusionsOfNeha

I have the PDFs.. been like 10 years now😆

Yeah I would’ve thought they’d be available readily online. I used to buy up used Christie’s from raddi stores back when i was in India. Found sooo many of them! The rest I read from libraries cos Christies aren’t really up for re-reads for a loooong time (only if you’ve forgotten the basic plot and the ending 😆). Wodehouse, otoh, you can reread over and over - and I own a bunch of second hands. They’re f**king expensive to buy otherwise but you don’t even get them much in the used books market anymore! 🤔

Edited by LizzieBennet - 1 years ago
LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: DelusionsOfNeha

I tried writing an OS in first person.. my one and only work in that style..

Didn't enjoy it as much tho.. 😆 I love knowing what's going on everywhere so omniscient POV all the way, or sometimes third person limited or unreliable narrator.. 

I recall quite enjoying the experience because it allowed me to connect to my leads more deeply and meaningfully. But the present tense narrative was a total b**ch and painfully the wrong choice - that I realized too late but was forced to stick on because I’d already started the damn story in that tense! 😔

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

I buy Christies from this website I discovered (2 years ago?) 

They give second hand editions in real cheap price...like 150 or 120 rupees. For some reason I wanted ACs in that rustic form, don't ask me why, I'm weird that way. 

So I buy from that site and their book conditions are genuinely great...sometimes I get almost new books in impeccable conditions. 

Rest My mother and I keep looking for Bookfairs like crazy lmao. Last year we went to one in September I guess...My bill alone was 900 something and I got books in all new conditions ranging from 150-200. There were seven or eight books.

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail

No No- I’m on Chapter 23! 😆 why would I start there? 😆 I read from the start until Chapter 23 and this book has like 58 chapters! So a long way to go still 

THANK GODDDDD! 😆

Where are you in the story? Did the only-one-bed trope happen already???!! 

They must be back from the trip I guess?

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail

You guys in 2021 I got this idea to build a Penguin Clothbound collection...Mera itna paisa kharch hua hai in those 6 books I own right now. 

They're so beautiful and SO EXPENSIVE😭

Imma cry. 

900 rupees for one book. 🥺

Tho maine ab hiatus laga diya on that notion...because hehe I'm unemployed. 🐷

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO-mdKNFFuh/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Look at the coverrrrrrrr. 

They released 'Metamorphosis' By Kafka and I'm eyeing it since days with such longing. 🥺

LizzieBennet thumbnail

THANK GODDDDD! 😆

Where are you in the story? Did the only-one-bed trope happen already???!! 

They must be back from the trip I guess?

Yep and yep. I’m now on Chapter 30 something just at the point when they’re in Eldorra and the girls get bailed out