Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dimple84 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

I loved Debosmitha's singing.  Her voice is too good .I wish she wins !

Digitallove thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Liked Debosmita too although couldn't hear her properly today, but she has an emotional connect for me. Kavya is Ok between her and Sanchari I like Kavya more. Rupam, like her voice. There is definitely more variety in terms of female voices this season so that's great. Senjuti I find the whole her voice sounding like Shreya and her singing only her songs a bit uncanny 🥱

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sahilkapur18

As a fellow with significant family background in Amritsar, Rupam and Navdeep did me proud and both deserved their MBD. Senjuti and Deboshmita were also good. Everybody else was just average. 

Senjuti-Very good rendition of one of my favorite songs from Gangubai Kathiawadi. Did not get the appreciation that I thought the performance deserved. She's clearly the female underdog of this competition. 

Rupam-I love her style of singing and the folk edge she provides each song. This is a perfect example of how to integrate western elements into singing. She took basically a song from a sex comedy and made me want to dance to it haha. Very well deserved MBD. 

Sonakshi-She definitely picked a song that was too big for her. It lacked the emotional impact deserved and was flat throughout. She is a good singer but needs to pick more variety in her songs and not just sing Lata ji's songs. 

Anushka-Been a fan of her's since her Lil champs days. I hate how the judges are making her a man-woman voice. She is a very good singer usually. That being said, today she was just alright. Nothing special. 

Deboshmita-One of the strong contenders to reach the finale. She did the song justice today and is one of the bigger competitions to Rishi for the title. 

Shagun-Absolutely terrible. It was karaoke almost. He is one singer who definitely did not deserve to be in the top 15 who could have been replaced by Rito or Tabish. 

Kavya-Unpopular opinion but I found her performance shrieky and shrill. Another contestant who did not deserve top 15. I liked her initial audtition but haven't liked her performances since. Her attempts to be a blues singer don't connect with me. Her spot should have gone to Ananya or Nahid in my opinion. 

Navdeep-What more can I say? Easily the most talented contestant this season. However if he wants to win the title, he needs to start singing different types of songs. However he really impressed me today. Looking forward to seeing him stay for a while. 

sonakshi has sung both her last 2 songs in sa re ga ma pa  before this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejW0E8iNidg

she shud try other songs. she was my fav with shreyan that season so i almost remember what she sang & so wud the audience

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I didn’t watch yesterdays episode, so I was surprised to see such a grand episode!! 

I missed Senjutis and Rupams performances, so I’ll start with the ones that sang after her.

Sonakshi - she sang well, but it wasn’t a wow!! I was expecting more from her having seen her in some singing reality show as a kid. 

Anushka - I lost interest in her song after the first few seconds. She sang well, but nothing different. Was okayish 

Debosmita - she was wonderful. Not too many people talk about her but she’s going to be the dark horse of the competition. I just think she’s ready to go to the studio and record.

Navdeep - when it comes to classical or raag based songs, he probably is leagues ahead of the others. He was brilliant today. He’s set very high standards for himself. Let’s hope he can do justice. 

Shagun - he was ok, he was missing the chutzpah required for a peppy number. Can’t find faults with his singing otherwise.

Navya - it was an average performance. I liked that she tried a different genre, but she clearly has her limitations - at one point I think her voice went squeaky, but she realized it herself and did well after that. 

Edited by Raina101 - 1 years ago
anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Dream Debut Oct 2

Senjuthi :- I had liked her from the audition rounds, but she wasn’t upto her level today.  Maybe she should’ve chosen some other song.  Still, love her tonal quality & voice modulations .

Rupam :- the song itself has the feet-tapping pull, & she did ok. Better than her earlier performances.  But she needs to get out of the folksie mode - already becoming monotonous .

Sonakshi :- Didn’t expect much after that promo , hence found it better.  Trying not to  make comparisons here …hence putting a full stop, before I find it difficult to stop.😊.  Anyways, decent effort, could’ve been better, going by her  own earlier renditions.

Anushka :-  An okayish performance, but it was not an easy song.  She has good potential, waiting to hear a soft melody number before writing her off. 

Deboshmita :- loved her performance. She continues as one of my favs & didn’t disappoint.

Navdeep wadala :- Liked his performance. Again, want to hear other genres from him.  He has a softness in his voice that is appealing.

Shagun :- A very mediocre rendition of Chogada Tara.

Kavya :- Didn’t enjoy.

Looks like Shagun will be first to get eliminated  As of now I find Shagun, Sanchari & Kavya the weakest.

While promoting Idol 13, HR & Neha said the talent this year is amazing, better than II 12.  Nowhere can the talent-pool match upto II12. Forget PD & Aru who have created a league for themselves, even the non-finalists of II12 had stood out - Nihal, Anjali, Nachiket to name a few, 

Finally….before hitting the bed, I simply have to listen to Arunita’s Satyam Shivam Sundaram…💕… kept my word; didn’t compare… 😊😁

Also, Sayli may come in my dream lipsynching for Anushka’s Caravan song…. the cameraman must be clutching his heart missing her.😛.

Edited by anoushka_113 - 1 years ago
anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sahilkapur18

As a fellow with significant family background in Amritsar, Rupam and Navdeep did me proud and both deserved their MBD. Senjuti and Deboshmita were also good. Everybody else was just average. 

Senjuti-Very good rendition of one of my favorite songs from Gangubai Kathiawadi. Did not get the appreciation that I thought the performance deserved. She's clearly the female underdog of this competition. 

Rupam-I love her style of singing and the folk edge she provides each song. This is a perfect example of how to integrate western elements into singing. She took basically a song from a sex comedy and made me want to dance to it haha. Very well deserved MBD. 

Sonakshi-She definitely picked a song that was too big for her. It lacked the emotional impact deserved and was flat throughout. She is a good singer but needs to pick more variety in her songs and not just sing Lata ji's songs. 

Anushka-Been a fan of her's since her Lil champs days. I hate how the judges are making her a man-woman voice. She is a very good singer usually. That being said, today she was just alright. Nothing special. 

Deboshmita-One of the strong contenders to reach the finale. She did the song justice today and is one of the bigger competitions to Rishi for the title. 

Shagun-Absolutely terrible. It was karaoke almost. He is one singer who definitely did not deserve to be in the top 15 who could have been replaced by Rito or Tabish. 

Kavya-Unpopular opinion but I found her performance shrieky and shrill. Another contestant who did not deserve top 15. I liked her initial audtition but haven't liked her performances since. Her attempts to be a blues singer don't connect with me. Her spot should have gone to Ananya or Nahid in my opinion. 

Navdeep-What more can I say? Easily the most talented contestant this season. However if he wants to win the title, he needs to start singing different types of songs. However he really impressed me today. Looking forward to seeing him stay for a while. 

Agree totally about Shagun & Kavya. Sanchari is another who didn’t deserve to be in the top 15.

Starttofinish thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I am going to start off with what I did today apart from watching II13. We don’t get many Indian movies in our town in US and usually have to travel at least an hour to find a movie theater that runs Indian movies. We found out Vikram Vedha was playing in a theater near us and had no clue what the movie was about and just went to watch to give our support to Indian movies. Pleasantly surprised as the movie turned out to be a Good watch and we were the only ones in the entire theater! 

Senjuti - good singer.  But someone else sang this song in audition where she was flirting with Vishal. I liked that version better. 
Rupam: I have not heard the song she sang before but I liked it. She is a good looking girl. First time I noticed all this because I was turned off the last time with her shopping gimmick. 

sonakshi: she sings well but from my POV she is no match for Aru. These contestants  should try to sing something that was not sung last year. Otherwise comparisons are bound to happen. Anyways, I have heard Sonakshi when she won her previous show and she was my favorite at that time. She will still have my soft corner. 

Anushka- Not bad. I enjoyed it, even though not close to what Sayli can do with this song. She is only 15 yrs old 😳

I felt for Aruna Irani when she narrated her story of wanting to study. She looks no where her age! I can’t believe she is 77! 

Deboshmita - okay for me. I feel she could have done better with this song. 
Navdeep: what a powerful voice! He is in a league of his own! Not sure how long he lasts on II13 but he is good! 
MBD more than well deserved! 👏👏

Shagun: The song was so upbeat and he carried it off well. No comments by judges 😳

Kavya: I liked it! I agree shrill at times but still did well! Pretty girl! 

Too early to make judgments. I didn’t like this dream debut concept. Look forward to listening to them in the typical II stage setup. 

Realityshow thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6

Having watched both episodes I feel sorry for the contestants in the main for participating this Season. 
There is nothing in this lot that will make fans swing allegiance from, the still very active, contestants from last season. This will limit social media buzz, and without it the popularity of the constants will not reach levels that help them establish a strong footing in the lower tier of the industry.

Having said that I feel Rishi Singh will have a bright future and may actually win. He needs to, to have that bright future.

As far as performances go, I was surprised that really no one outside of Wadali chose a classical oriented track. In fact, I doubt if outside of Sonakshi and Wadali if anyone has the sort of training like some of last years contestants.

I liked Deboshmita - she has an attractive voice. One has to find out how versatile she really is before one can draw conclusions about her journey. Till date she has sung some difficult songs well, but they have been one-dimensional.

Navdeep may be guilty of showing off his art. Sometimes the simple beauty of a song can be ruined by overdoing things. I felt that way when I heard his performance.

Anushka Patra I like - she is a good package. Nothing extraordinary, but a good stage presence and competent performer.

Senjuti is a good singer with loads of experience and a melodious voice. I did not much care for the song but she is a competent singer from whom more can be expected later. Same with Sonakshi. Good performance but with a somewhat abrupt ending. She can sing difficult songs as she has the training. I expect more from her as the show progresses. It was a correct rendition of SSS. But I could not visualize Shiva's supreme qualities - that connect was missing. 

Rupam and Kavya sang as I expected them to. They are not the sort of singers I usually pay much attention to.

Shagun made a bad song choice - or was given the wrong song for a Dream Debut.

Overall, Day 2 was better than Day 1 for me and the singers on show left a pleasant impression.

Edited by Realityshow - 1 years ago
altgr thumbnail

Originally posted by: Realityshow

Having watched both episodes I feel sorry for the contestants in the main for participating this Season. 
There is nothing in this lot that will make fans swing allegiance from, the still very active, contestants from last season. This will limit social media buzz, and without it the popularity of the constants will not reach levels that help them establish a strong footing in the lower tier of the industry.

Having said that I feel Rishi Singh will have a bright future and may actually win. He needs to, to have that bright future.

As far as performances go, I was surprised that really no one outside of Wadali chose a classical oriented track. In fact, I doubt if outside of Sonakshi and Wadali if anyone has the sort of training like some of last years contestants.

I liked Deboshmita - she has an attractive voice. One has to find out how versatile she really is before one can draw conclusions about her journey. Till date she has sung some difficult songs well, but they have been one-dimensional.

Navdeep may be guilty of showing off his art. Sometimes the simple beauty of a song can be ruined by overdoing things. I felt that way when I heard his performance.

Anushka Patra I like - she is a good package. Nothing extraordinary, but a good stage presence and competent performer.

Senjuti is a good singer with loads of experience and a melodious voice. I did not much care for the song but she is a competent singer from whom more can be expected later. Same with Sonakshi. Good performance but with a somewhat abrupt ending. She can sing difficult songs as she has the training. I expect more from her as the show progresses. It was a correct rendition of SSS. But I could not visualize Shiva's supreme qualities - that connect was missing. 

Rupam and Kavya sang as I expected them to. They are not the sort of singers I usually pay much attention to.

Shagun made a bad song choice - or was given the wrong song for a Dream Debut.

Overall, Day 2 was better than Day 1 for me and the singers on show left a pleasant impression.

This season is giving me season 11 vibes so far. Season 11 was successful and did well but couldn't not match season 10. Same seems to be happening with season 13 so far. 

PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: anoushka_113

Dream Debut Oct 2

Senjuthi :- I had liked her from the audition rounds, but she wasn’t upto her level today.  Maybe she should’ve chosen some other song.  Still, love her tonal quality & voice modulations .

Rupam :- the song itself has the feet-tapping pull, & she did ok. Better than her earlier performances.  But she needs to get out of the folksie mode - already becoming monotonous .

Sonakshi :- Didn’t expect much after that promo , hence found it better.  Trying not to  make comparisons here …hence putting a full stop, before I find it difficult to stop.😊.  Anyways, decent effort, could’ve been better, going by her  own earlier renditions.

Anushka :-  An okayish performance, but it was not an easy song.  She has good potential, waiting to hear a soft melody number before writing her off. 

Deboshmita :- loved her performance. She continues as one of my favs & didn’t disappoint.

Navdeep wadala :- Liked his performance. Again, want to hear other genres from him.  He has a softness in his voice that is appealing.

Shagun :- A very mediocre rendition of Chogada Tara.

Kavya :- Didn’t enjoy.

Looks like Shagun will be first to get eliminated  As of now I find Shagun, Sanchari & Kavya the weakest.

While promoting Idol 13, HR & Neha said the talent this year is amazing, better than II 12.  Nowhere can the talent-pool match upto II12. Forget PD & Aru who have created a league for themselves, even the non-finalists of II12 had stood out - Nihal, Anjali, Nachiket to name a few, 

Finally….before hitting the bed, I simply have to listen to Arunita’s Satyam Shivam Sundaram…💕… kept my word; didn’t compare… 😊😁

Also, Sayli may come in my dream lipsynching for Anushka’s Caravan song…. the cameraman must be clutching his heart missing her.😛.

Admit it - you are a closet Sayli fan 😄