Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

I know I will do that on my next watch, it will improve the watching experience considerably (for me at least) πŸ˜†

Yep Colin was better than PenEloise - not considerably, but still better πŸ˜†

I’d have rather watched Philippa and her new husband bonding over cheese- would have been more entertaining πŸ€£

What is up with Nicola this season though??!

Soooo sus. Whyyyyyy πŸ˜†

I found her irritating anyway before and with El this season it was a recipe for pulling your hair out πŸ€‘ 

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Originally posted by: EuphoricDamsel.

Since Shonda has revealed she isn't going by book order and now that any sibling can be the next Bridgerton for S3 I absolutely DREAD it that they gonna go ahead and do Pen-Colin and it is going to be a conflation of both cringe AND snooze fest!! πŸ€‘

I AM SO NOT HAPPY WITH SERIES PEN. Period.

Colin this season was still better than El+Pen which is realllyyyy something because we did like both the girls last season. πŸ˜•

If they do both El n Pen together.. maybe bearableπŸ€”

LizzieBennet thumbnail
Originally posted by: DelusionsOfNeha

If they do both El n Pen together.. maybe bearableπŸ€”

I don’t see El and Phillip together in any universe - not the way the show has presented them. Phillip is nice but just so meh.

And Colin and Pen are blah too. 

They need someone to spice up the next season if they want to keep up the interest.

What could work is keeping Kathony on (I believe JB and Simone are both contracted to appear in future seasons) and then perhaps have El and Polin stories together ( which is how it happens in the books- Fran, El and Colin are all together)

I would much rather watch Ben than these others. Also they would have to do a considerable time jump because Colin is just too young still … 21 I think they said?? But I truly don’t know what Polin’s story will be. They will have to change it completely from the book. The book was entirely based on the Lady W reveal but that has gotten real old now.

I’d much rather they kept Edwina on and showed her love story with the Prince (or anyone else) 

Btw I thought that little clip with Edwina dancing with Colin was cute! They had more chemistry in those 5 seconds than Polin had the entire season! 

Edited by LizzieBennet - 2 years ago
Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

I haven't watched the rest so not sure of most things.. let's see. Since I haven't read the books, no idea whatsoeverπŸ˜†

MJHTMonayaSajan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Hellozz I am back after binge watching S2 this weekend...will share my views shortly and eager to read yours!!! 

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

The title... Aaaaaaaaaaaaa☺️

LizzieBennet thumbnail
Originally posted by: MJHTMonayaSajan

Hellozz I am back after binge watching S2 this weekend...will share my views shortly and eager to read yours!!! 

Hey Tina! Waiting to hear your thoughts. I've linked all the reviews so far on Page 1 so everyone can read them! Will link yours too when you post it!

Ok, so I went through some of the discussions on this forum and I think mine is going to be an unpopular opinion here...So sorry in advance! I am also in a bit of a sarcastic mood so please no offense intended, its all in humor πŸ€—

To begin with- can someone please explain to me why Kathony is so much loved??? I was hoping for a solid love story despite all the other unnecessary drama that went on and I was honestly invested initially, like until the library scene but everything after that was just sooo stupid, illogical and unnecessary that I just lost interest even in the love story.

About the lead couple- I loved Anthony and JB's portrayal of him and I initially felt a lot of romantic tension and chemistry between him and Kate/Simone but as all the illogical drama started around Ep 4/5, I couldn't feel a thing for them. About Kate/Simone- again a very unpopular opinion but to me she didn't seem Badass as she was talked to be...Especially in the initial scenes with Lady Danbury and at the race, she appeared more arrogant than smart. Overall, I found both of their characters (and especially Kate's) to be very immature, stupid and bigheaded...not sure if its the character but somewhere I felt Simone's portrayal didnt work for me...she looked lovely no doubt..but her acting, I found her over the top in some scenes...but then again, is it the actor who is playing it over the top or the character itself doesnt work for me? Who knows! Did noone else find her a bit stiff or animated or plastic in any of the scenes?

I guess I am to S2 what Lizzie was to S1 πŸ˜† Not feeling much chemistry and not liking the most popular lead..

I don't want to compare two seasons as I feel these are two separate love stories that can exist independent of each other...If I have to compare romantic dramas in general, this one is not on my top 10 list but S1 is...one thing that worked for me in S1 was the freshness of the overall setting and I could relate much more to Daph's character than Kate's...Daph is also stupid to just run behind getting married and children etc but at least there is enough justification provided..

(Ok I see that I still went ahead and compared two seasons πŸ€ͺ)

I would understand Kathony's reasons and "sincerity towards duties", if they really did not get involved...I mean I seriously felt that they didn't even TRY to stay away from each other, that earnestness to truly fulfil their duties was missing and thus all the drama around "duty" just felt childish and they came out as some selfish, stupid and immature people in some high school love story...

Now I dunno whether its because all the changes the series has made to the book or the plot itself...(I think I have understood JQ's theme of writing now...a lot of buildup and then phussss, things getting solved in a jiffy with no proper reason or justification..) I felt the same for S1 but I was at least initially totally enthralled by SimDaph and it took me 3-4 re-watches to actually see through it...here I was just not convinced after Ep 3.

Another unpopular opinion - Did someone actually enjoy the Featherington's drama? Especially how Mr. F ended it...she seemed much more kickass to me than Kate...what a dialogue "I am a Mother"

ElPen were ehh...it was fun initially and all the tension build up around Lady W getting caught but then again...phuss

I guess I was expecting much more based on what I had heard...its definitely not a bad story, and some dialogues are epic..but this is why I try to stay away from all the discussions before a series is released...Often times I am disappointed only if I am expecting much more from something...with S1, I had no clue going in and then it was a pleasant surprise, how good it turned out!!

My guess is they will combine Ben and Collin's love story in the next season and then the 4th season will be for Eloise and the other sis (Francesca? Why is she never there?)

Anyway, go on...disagree πŸ˜†πŸ€—

Edited by MJHTMonayaSajan - 2 years ago
Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Hey Tina! Waiting to hear your thoughts. I've linked all the reviews so far on Page 1 so everyone can read them! Will link yours too when you post it!

Hehe not sure if you would still feel like linking my review after going through it! Am I being a spoilsport here, taking away all the fun from you gals? Please feel free to ignore me totally but I just had to express it somewhere the way I saw it!!

Will definitely go through your reviews..I think I did read a couple of them but looking forward to catch up on all that I have been missing in the past weeks!πŸ€—

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Okay.. I've finished the season and OMG... 

That's all for now

Dearest readers,

I'll be back when I gather myself and my thoughts. And my bi ass calms down.. 

☺️