Makers, please note! [My Analysis]

IshqaanxMoran thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

I have been away from the forum for sometime now but somehow managed to keep up with the show all these days. The spunk is really falling and this is the reason in my eyes. 

1. MoRan 

--- Karan and Monami have a great chemistry and they look adorable onscreen. The audience are largely convinced with their scenes off-late. 

--- Then, what is the problem? I am sorry to say that they are lacking in their story and the speed/pace. It was perfect, in terms of story till the PTSD track and then, in Koel's track too because the trust issue was highlighted and they also became friends. 

--- After that, we got the proposal which seemed a little rushed. Monu's love phase was depicted only by dreams till then. They should have included something which showed the depth of her love for him. This way, all those who felt that her love story was rushed could have felt, connected more with the duo.  

--- Facts being facts, I must say that the execution of the rejection sequence was crisp. A bow to the makers for the no-toxic rejection and the genuine respect shown for her love during the track. Nowhere did we get any dialogue or scene of him belittling her feelings or herself regretting her love for him which is a good job! 

--- After which, we got to see Karan's confusion to realisation process which made sense during the cave confession scene, so I conclude that this was also rightly done. 

--- Then, Aneesh entered. This was okayish because we got to see a glimpse of the other side of Karan but moving forward, it took typical ITV path of trying to eliminate competition in love by harming the other man.

--- But I thoroughly enjoyed the cave confession amidst all this drama. Simple and sweet it was. The acting, dialogue and the overall set-up/ background was really beautiful and touching. 

--- Then, we got some caring moments which were pleasing to watch and then the confession and the date happened, which I don't have anything to say about. Lately, Mahajan has made his entry. 

--- Now, the thing! Why are they hurrying the pace of MoRan story? There are so many things that they do not know about each other. Try to explore those aspects. Not only Mind vs Heart, there can be many things that they should work on as a couple now. 

--- The makers should try to include more elements in their story because there's a lot of scope for their story and by scope, I don't mean romance. Not just two to three episodes and they have already made way for a supposed heartbreak. The initial episodes were uniquely promising but later, we are having sequences that are typically common that bring us back to square one. 

--- Explore more about their emotional differences, Karan's past (PTSD), his hesitance due to his thoughts of having lost people close to him due to him (as per Aditya's interview), more about Monami's mother and her past that she shares with Karan which might help him overcome his, and his fear about Baby's future, about her knowing the truth about her father, him feeling bad for the fate of his sister-in-law, and more about his professional uncertainty with respect to his life. 

AND PLEASE, PACE DOWN THEIR STORY. 

It's going too fast, in comparison to the other ships which might have people lose interest in them as they can't connect to them (the reference being to people who watch for the story and not for the couple). 

Kindly try to gather more audience for them because there's already a good following for this couple for their equation with each other and if you could manage to show more about their individual personalities and emotions apart from romance, the following can be increased and so can the TRP:)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IshqaanxMoran thumbnail

2. SidSa 

--- This couple is unique in my eyes and the makers are doing a good job with the symbols, the depthful conversations, social message, a delicate story. Almost all of their scenes are beautifully symbolic which is rare on ITV. 

--- The problem is with the latest track after Kundan's entry. The comparison between Kundan and Sid was brought out perfectly in a conversation between them. The problems of Sanjana were brought out in a realistic way but it felt a little vague as one could not gauge her thoughts and feelings before their hazardous second date. 

--- And, Sanjana's denial of love and her response towards Sid wasn't brought out properly. It was kind of toxic and seemed as though she wasn't bothered about how Sid would feel, considering the castle of dreams he had built in his mind.  

--- For those who can read the situation, such a response could have been realistic but a large chunk of the audience used phrases like 'cheater, playing around with his feelings' because of her delay in expressing their truth to Sid. Such things might bring a negative impression about her even before people start watching the series. If it's the character growth that the makers want to show, they should have showed her repentance for putting Sid in that situation which could have presented a better picture to the audience. 

--- Then, the village track. The idea and the thought was nice but the execution could have been better. Sanjana missing Sid was needed but again, the regressive mentality wasn't very much required as the audience already got a glimpse in the previous episodes. 

--- Glad that they showed Sanjana standing up to her parents at times and her alter ego walking out just as she entered the village was a great idea altogether. 

--- Later, Sid's entry brought the much needed comic relief in the show. However, there wasn't the need of making Kundan a villian. Sid was already a whitewashed character and Sanjana's struggles were also shown. 

--- If they wanted to include the human trafficking concept, they could have done it with Kundan's friend or anyone in his family for that matter. The point here was of becoming a prey of a partriarchal society and not of trafficking. This somewhat diverts from the social message the makers strive to deliver. (can't totally say this as the track isn't concluded yet but will edit this out if managed well)

--- During the village track, the commando in Sanjana isn't given the highlight and her abilities are really kept in dark. Apart from three to four instances, Sanjana has been shown as a normal woman from a town, which she isn't. High time to bring back the forgotten courage because the audience don't prefer a man saving a woman everytime, his support is just enough for her to stand up. 

--- And, please show Sanjana's efforts to mend the bond with Sid after Kundan's track is over and the makers must give us a glimpse of the importance of Sid in her life. 

IshqaanxMoran thumbnail

3. KoeZi

--- This couple has so much potential, yet are so underrated and ignored in their own show. It's very rare before the full-fledged Koel track that we got KoeZi scenes but every time, they stole the attention of the viewers. 

--- My only problem here would be the less screenspace for them. It would be great if the makers can give more of their story to us and moreover, please don't rush their story as we haven't been served with their scenes from much time now. Hope they retain the same maturity and symbols in their story as they've shown before. 

--- The makers could focus on how Faizi helps Koel from her past and more about Koel finding newer shades in Faizi and vice versa. And Nikhil-Faizi-Koel and Nikhil telling Faizi about how he misses his father and the disappointment as a son can be explored. 

IshqaanxMoran thumbnail

4. Platonic Bonds

--- I don't think I'm the first one to say that there was a different vibe and charm for the show at its beginning. Why not, try to find and bring that back. 

--- Please focus more on the platonic bonds of the show. They have a seperate fanbase and they have an important part to play in the show. 

• Suman - Monami [The bond was last fully explored during the organ trafficking scene]

• Bala - Karan [I think we got them only in the first few weeks of the show]

• Karan - Sanju [I know this was during Sanjana's exit from the academy and also that, there are many who don't prefer them but come on, their bond is actually good onscreen]

• Batra ma'am - Sid [Last was the patchup. I seriously want them to share more about their past to each other and some moments of care and love would be great] 

• Koel's bond with all the cadets stands largely unexplored. 

• Koel - Karan [We got just one mature and meaningful convo during the picnic scene. Can we have more meaningful talks or anything friendly or personal? Like one falling weak and the other motivating?]

• Sanjana - Koel [It would have been great if they had a convo during this track because Koel is far experienced in such matters and her advice could make a difference]

• Sid - Karan [I want this to develop without Monami and Karan relation. A good trainer-cadet to friends to bro of each other.]

• Nikhil - Faizi [The cutest bond in this show]

• Nikhil - Sid 

• Baby - Monami 

• Baby - Nikhil [same school or something and friendship]

• Bhabhi (Bharkha) - Monami and Karan too [I see a maturity and strength in her. She can give some advices or it can be them helping her out when she's low]

• Karan - Param [That mission sequence wasn't enough. They can show some good scenes where Karan can feel like he's with his family when he's with Monu - that care, love and strength]

• Param - Baby & Param - Bharka [Ep18 had emotional and intense sequences at the end. These will be expected from an army series like this. Try to include more such scenes]

• Batra sir - Sid [Batra sir is strong but having someone like his son before him can break his strength anytime. A close conversation between them can be nice to watch.] 

• Batra ma'am - Karan 

--- It's not always that the male leads should be consoled by their lovers when they fall low. Bringing in platonic bonds, conversations with side characters will be more impactful to watch. 

IshqaanxMoran thumbnail

5. Some tracks that can be included that might generate interest in the audience

(IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA, JUST REPLY BELOW OR PM, I'LL EDIT THIS OUT, ADDING YOUR SUGGESTION AS WELL) 

--- Considering that it's an army academy, we want to see love for the country than love for each other. Very few episodes have shown the love for one's country and the life of army personnel in general. Focus more on that, please. Back to back love stories and personal life will get boring for the audience because the reason which hooked many of us was the army backdrop and the mission, Ghar Ghar Mein Soldier. 

--- Having said the above point, we need intense fight sequences of the cadets in missions. Till now, except the first mission, not much importance is given to the cadets other than the leads. Can we have the other cadets getting injured badly while trying to save the others? This will also show how others are equipping themselves to serve the nation. 

--- Bala, Sid and Faizi's past can be spoken about. 

--- Baby anticipating her father's visit and Bhabhi is having a tough time handling her. The truth and her reaction. 

--- It's an academy, so some meaningful spies, personal revenge, kidnapping of someone from Parakram and blackmailing, that raw intuition we got to see in the first mission of the special agents. 

--- Sudden attack on the academy with the trainers off-guard. How they safeguard the cadets and how the cadets safeguard the trainers. 

--- Life threat of the trainers or Batra sir (not like the Pushpa one, it should be more intense) 

--- Rawat's comeback. Or anyone else connected to Param. 

--- Turn some lead into a grey character in the eyes of the audience and then bring a valid reason behind their actions. (For TRP reasons) 

--- New cadets' entries and how they affect the programme and the lead's relations, some connection with any one cadet and some ulterior motive. 

--- Chitra and Bala. Their story and conversations are something we haven't got yet. 

--- More about Monami's bond with her late mother. Mending her relation with her father (he isn't bad but way too protective.) 

--- Making Dr. Mahajan understand the importance of army and agents. Also, making him respect his late wife who was martyred.

--- More about Dr. Juhi Mahajan (Monami's mother), about how she died. I don't think we would mind a flashback with the events. 

--- Emotional pain caused to Nikhil due to his father's truth coming before him and his guilt that his mother had to undergo such torture while he coudlnt do anything. 

--- Maybe, an open conversation between Koel and Nikhil.

--- Some transfers of the trainers and how they are stopped. (Don't know how this works in army, just an idea) 

--- Dangerous missions for any one trainer or all the trainers together and the cadets and their lovers waiting for them to return. (can't be shown now because I don't think we can connect much) 

--- Competitions like Chakravyuh. 

--- Sacrifices of army soldiers in the form of any cadet or trainer or special entry. 

--- Trekking, camping. 

--- Coexisting duties of Monami as a commando and a doctor. Koel as a nurse, Bala as a pickpocket useful in missions like the first mission. 

--- Hardcore training that actually symbolise army life. 

--- Where love for country is above the love for one's own family. 

--- Schooling of Nikhil (this is really important)

--- Some mission with Bharkha and Baby where they're contributing in it. Similarly, Nikhil in some mission too. 

MOST IMPORTANTLY, BALANCE! THE BALANCE OF THE STORY IS REALLY BAD AT THE MOMENT.

- Balance between lovelife of the leads and the professional front. 

- Balanced screenspace for all couples of the show. 

- Balanced tracks. Not too quick, not too slow. 

The show is really unique and an intruiging one. The cast is simply amazing and the setting is also an aesthetic one. Please don't let this go waste and come up with more tracks than stretching the personal stories of the leads. 

#ZiddiDilMaaneNa 

IshqaanxMoran thumbnail

I don't know if the makers are coming on this platform. 

If someone who have accounts on other social platforms can actually capture a screenshot of the tracks that can be shown and send it to the makers or Sudhir Sir or Seema Ma'am, it will be great. 

I'm not on any other platform and don't want to see great potential being wasted. There's a lot of scope for the show and it cannot be wasted like this. 

Edited by IshqaanxMoran - 2 years ago
Aishagokhale thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

1. Sid aur koel bimar the jiske wajah se unhe MoRan ka track aage badhana pada....

2.Karan ka PTSD aur guilt phirse hit karega hi.....

3.I think jab tak karan ke guilt ki depth monami ko nahi pata chalti tab tak uski understanding towards karan badhegi nahi......

4.abhi mahajan dono mein rift create karega jaha pe understanding wala issue phirse hoga.... Kyunki till now karan ko monami ke unsaid emotions samajh aate hai but monami ko nahi.....

5.abhi to sanju wala mission dekhne ko milega uske bad moran ke bich darar badhegi kyunki karan busy rahega work mein aur unhe jyada time milega nhi aur upar se anish to hai hi.... phir kuch aisa bada hoga like Pushpa wapas aayegi Karan ya monu ko kuch hoga uske bad unki relationship naya turn legi....

6.monu's confession rush nahi laga kyunki iske pehle hi usne batane ka try kara tha.....so that was okk....wo soch rahi thi wo kar diya.....

7.wo abhi ye highlight kar rahe hai sirf pyar kafi nahi hota uderstanding trust aur baki saari cheeze bhi jyada matter karti hai ek relationship ko aage badhane ke liye.....

8.iss bar phir monu trust nahi karegi lekin ab karan ke emotions alag honge bcuz he is involved in monami.....

9.story rush nahi lag rahi from starting agar Monami aur karan ke characters dekhe jaaye to sahi ja rahe hai....like monu ka easily kisi par bhi trust karna, jo man mein aye wo bina jyada soche bol do......karan's intution jo sahi hota hai hamesha aur uski maturity situations ko handle karne ki...

10.Baby ko pata chalna ye fully emotional break down kara sakta hai karan ka.....isiliye ye to dikhayebge...

lastly I am just saying, sab kuch hoga jaise unke realationships aage badhenge.......I agree SidSa track thoda lamba khicha bcuz of Kunal kapoor's health issues but that's okk.... I think this and upcoming weeks will be treat to watch bcuz of mission...mission ke bad sab jab academy me aayenge tsb platonic relationships aur unka ek grp dekhne ko milega hame....

Bodhianveshika thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Wow, you girls. Sateek analysis and such apt references. Kudos👏