Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Sooryavanshi the worst hgoty and worst movie of cop universe

harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

I really wasn't impressed with the movie compared to Singham and Simba. I feel rohit shetty did injustice to akshay kumar especially in the climax where a cameo actor kills the main baddies and the main lead is shown to be weak and dependant. Also felt action scenes wasn't enough, hand to hand combat was very less despite the background of the main lead. Sooryvanshi failed to become an iconic character like Singham and thats not akki's fault but the script and dialogues was so not memorable, though I'm glad for akki for delivering a highest grossing movie of the year in his first time but wish it was something memorable, Wished kesari or mission mangal released this year instead of sooryvanshi which would of been much more respectful hgoty.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

I agree... I actually enjoyed Singham 1, found Singham 2 and Simbba okish, but this one is just... Meh, I guess? 

But maybe this is also because Singham 1 had an awesome villian and Amol's Baba was atleast scary to some extent. Sonu Sood's was like "heh" But Simba was about a topic that hit right in the gut, meanwhile this one is just all over the place where Rohit didn't know what to do with Akshay Kumar

harun98 thumbnail
Originally posted by: oye_nakhrewaali

I agree... I actually enjoyed Singham 1, found Singham 2 and Simbba okish, but this one is just... Meh, I guess? 

But maybe this is also because Singham 1 had an awesome villian and Amol's Baba was atleast scary to some extent. Sonu Sood's was like "heh" But Simba was about a topic that hit right in the gut, meanwhile this one is just all over the place where Rohit didn't know what to do with Akshay Kumar

Maybe he ran out of ideas also singham was a remake of south movie as well as simbha thats why it was entertaining and sooryavanshi being an original movie just lifted some storyline of akki's baby and made it into commercial movie, its not akki's fault tbh.

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Akshay Kumar is too old to be featured in a cop movie in the capacity he was shown in. Rohit should’ve made him into a senior officer like the one played by Amitabh in Khakhi. Also the last 30 minutes were taken over by Ranveer and Ajay leaving very little to do for Akshay but which actor worth his salt will let the main climax of his movie be taken over by a cameo? Which makes me come back to the main point about Akshay that he is just not serious about his cinema and that as long as he is getting paid handsomely for his time, he cares very little about the script. 

harun98 thumbnail
Originally posted by: catchmeifucan

Akshay Kumar is too old to be featured in a cop movie in the capacity he was shown in. Rohit should’ve made him into a senior officer like the one played by Amitabh in Khakhi. Also the last 30 minutes were taken over by Ranveer and Ajay leaving very little to do for Akshay but which actor worth his salt will let the main climax of his movie be taken over by a cameo? Which makes me come back to the main point about Akshay that he is just not serious about his cinema and that as long as he is getting paid handsomely for his time, he cares very little about the script. 

I think he didn't read the script to know how shetty degraded him in climax, he just signed the movie as he is good friend of shetty, the climax could of easily been altered if he demanded. shetty favours ajay a lot because of their personal connection made ajay looklike the main lead and sooryavanshi disappeared, he should never work with shetty again after that despite the movie turning hit and highest grosser was down to less competition and less releases. I think Kesari would of been better had it released last year would of been a better hgoty to him that sooryavanshi.

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Watched it recently on Netflix. I'll say it's okay, nothing exceptional. Haven't watched Simmba but Singham Returns was forgettable. 

Does the film even had a main villain? They introduce alot of villains but kill two of them in the middle act, while Jackie Shroff's character is not in the climax except one phone call, which was done to set up Singham 3. 

I suppose Rohit Shetty had to give Ajay and Ranveer something to do in the film if they were featuring in a cameo. They weren't part of the plot and only in the film as a gimmick, so instead they got important action sequences. 

Rohit anyway loves Ajay alot. So instead of Akshay he was the one to confront all three terrorists in the climax. If he hadn't done that, then there would've been nothing he did in the film. Also he doesn't kill them alone. All three killed them together. 

Sooryavanshi as a film had a lot more scope compared Singham and Simmba because of the terrorism angle. It was a movie in a bigger scale, but it feels like Rohit Shetty can't make a big scale movie. 

Akshay was clearly not interested and just there for the paycheck and it shows in his performance. 

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

What in the ever loving fcuk is a cop universe? I hope this ridiculous term stops being used. Fcuk these power tripping mofos 

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Sasta HGOTY....koi competition he nahi tha...🤣

PD_forums thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Sasta HGOTY....koi competition he nahi tha...🤣

Who said no competition... Corona is the biggest competition 😆

Honestly the only good character of the Cop universe is Singham and his movies were enjoyable. Usually don't really care for Ajay Devgn but he just fits Singham perfectly.

Simmba already sucked in my opinion, Ranveer's character was just so annoying and the way it handled rape was just insensitive

Sooryvanshi was the worst one. Akshay's character was just bland and the story sucked.