Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Daffodils01 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

Raghav can be generous, which is different from non-discrimination. A non-discriminator treats people fairly, irrespective of liking or disliking them or expecting anything in return. Raghav does not believe in fairness. He takes or destroys what doesn't belong to him, pays less than he owes, punishes those who assert themselves, rewards those who give him preferential treatment, and keeps enough resources for his own aggrandizement and frivolous pleasure first, before he gives away any of the excess to others. Raghav's behaviour is totally discriminatory.

Raghav uses and discards people, including the police and his loyal employees (e.g. Harish is in prison for Raghav's crimes), knowing very well that he's abusing his power over people's lives. Raghav's generosity is random and fickle. Raghav paid for the medical expenses of a woman with cancer, a taxi driver, a woman who was hit by a car, a "boyfriend case" involving Dr. Kanika ... just the same as he paid for operations for his servant Ramakrishna's wife and for his Āī, Sharada. But even after Kirti told Raghav, it's your fault that Vijay Uncle is in the hospital, Raghav's reaction to Pallavi paying Vijay's bills with his Rs. 5 lakh, and not leaving Hyderabad, was to try to stop payment on the check. Raghav had thrown the money at Pallavi because he didn't want to say, "I'm sorry," but his ego made him want it back, even if it cost her father's life. That is as discriminatory as one can get.

In the second episode, Raghav mocked his servant Ramakrishna ("Rama" - not Ramaswami) for "faking" concern for Raghav. In a much later scene, Raghav was surprised that Ramakrishna got his son Jay to repair Raghav's table tennis racquet, and Ramakrishna reminded Raghav, you helped me with my son's school fees and my wife's operation. Until that moment, Raghav didn't think of Ramakrishna as his own person; Raghav gave money because he had it and Ramakrishna didn't, just as Raghav would give to anyone on a whim. But as soon as Raghav realized that Ramakrishna's affection for him is genuine, Raghav wanted to do something special for him. He asked Ramakrishna if his son Jay's boss mistreats him. Farhad said that Jay's father's boss mistreats him, and Raghav lost track of who was who in his nepotism: "my Ramakrishna's son's father should get good treatment from his boss." The scene illustrated how Raghav doesn't maintain relationships; his interest in others is intermittent.

As suddenly as Raghav decided that Ramakrishna was his own, he has also suddenly rejected people that he called his own. In one scene, a woman came to Raghav's house to ask for money, insisting to Farhad that "Aṇṇā knows me." Raghav greeted her kindly, but when she said that today he was giving alms, not sharing his good fortune, and he should atone for his sin, Raghav insulted her, shouting at the watchman to keep her out. Raghav also lashed out at Pallavi on several occasions in their marriage, telling her that he would do whatever he wanted and her feelings didn't make a difference.

If Raghav believed that his wife is his equal, he would accord her the same rights as himself. Instead, Raghav has expectations of Pallavi that he doesn't allow her to have of him. Raghav refused to limit his illegal business so that Pallavi wouldn't be embarrassed by him, but he still protested that Pallavi's choice of lifestyle was embarrassing to him. Raghav thinks it's fine for him to interfere in police business, but he saw Pallavi talking to Lakshmi and accused her of betraying him (by telling the truth). Raghav acted out when Pallavi forgot and missed his award acceptance speech, but he deliberately didn't smile for her sake at Gaṇeśa Caturthī in front of her family. When Pallavi wanted Rs. 10 lakh to pay the watchman who saw Mandar, Raghav lied, saying that he didn't have the money, and he secretly paid the watchman himself to lie to Pallavi. Pallavi didn't want an expensive necklace, but Raghav insisted that Raghav Rao's wife should wear it. Raghav snapped at Pallavi for falling asleep suddenly and being carried by Mandar, but when Raghav woke up naked with another woman, he lied to Pallavi and continued the affair!

Raghav wants to pamper his sister and his wife, which is different from renouncing misogyny and believing in the equality of men and women. Raghav believes that he has made himself superior to everyone around him. Saying that Kirti can stay in his house, just as Arjun would have stayed, doesn't mean that Raghav believes women are equal to men in general. If Raghav believed in Kirti's equality to him, he wouldn't have tried to force her into marriage. Raghav is just saying that he can maintain his sister the way he would have maintained his brother. Raghav is rich and everyone in his family is his dependent.

To point analysis with facts 👍🏼

joliefemme thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
To view this post you need to Log in to India Forums.
joliefemme thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: PSharada

This was a post to appreciate the acting of Sai and the different shades of the character Raghav Rao. You might not like it the same way as others but as mature people you would understand that some fans have made an appreciation thread which the actor himself tagged in his Insta story - So you would leave your dislike/hatred out of this thread. I guess that is the common sense I would expect out of people. You are more than welcome to keep on bashing the character by creating multiple threads on Main forum but I am saddened to see that the one post which the actor might probably go back to read again to see fan's appreciation has been this sullied and has turned into a battleground because few people want to dictate how the character did wrong all under the grab of "constructive criticism". 

Ren, I hope you don't respond to any instigating posts from now on - Let us be the bigger people and move on. I hope the same level of decency from the others. Please go ahead and make multiple posts on MF to criticize each of the post that has been written here for Raghav Rao but spare this thread. I hope you realize that the posts are no way connected to the thread. 

I feel bad that you think this post of yours is going to help but I edited my posts. 

Mahi-eBismil thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Shri_12

A huge thank you to all the writers, creators and coordinators. This beautiful thread would not be possible without you all 🤗

Thank you for the tag shri 🤗

I wish I could have participated, but due to personal reasons I wasn't active. It was fun and nice planning it out but I couldn't do much 🙂.

To all the writers, just great, you made me relive the character and it's memories which became too fav of mine.

And I was sure that when SKR will see this he will really like it, and same thing happened 

Mahi-eBismil thumbnail

Originally posted by: Isamreen

I wish I could have participated, but due to personal reasons I wasn't active. It was fun and nice planning it out but I couldn't do much 🙂.

To all the writers, just great, you made me relive the character and it's memories which became too fav of mine.

And I was sure that when SKR will see this he will really like it, and same thing happened 

Edits are too awesome 😳

Shri_12 thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Isamreen

Sam you are here 🤗

Glad that you liked the thread ❤️

Mahi-eBismil thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shri_12

Sam you are here 🤗

Glad that you liked the thread ❤️

The thread is awesome sri 🤗❤️

As always the way compiled and presented everything is done so beautifully and aesthetically. 

You must keep making these threads, you are so good.

braveheartdoc thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

DT Reminder Note

The show has come to an end but still the arguments are still going on. You all need to remember that this is an open forum and when you make a topic, you need to be ready for both types of responses. You cant ask anyone to not post in a particular topic just because the member holds an opinion contrary to yours. If you don't like any particular comments, you can choose to ignore them instead of indulging in arguments and counter arguments. 

We are not being strict as the show has ended but still you all are expected to follow the forum rules.

MHRW DT