Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BabyGirl0828 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
From Maayka to 'Mera Sasural'...
Zee's ex Maayka team begins their new solo venture - Mera Sasural on SaharaOne. Read on to get a glimpse of what the show is all about...

To read the rest, go here...

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2000

Credit goes to Yuk Edited by *PakiBeauty* - 16 years ago
BabyGirl0828 thumbnail
More Articles
http://saharastar.freehostia.com/Feb/11thFeb/11thFebSBS.php
Video:SBS
Article:
New story, new channel:
The ex-Maayka team speaks out

It's a second inning for Classik Productions post the entire fiasco of them being replaced by Creative Eye for their hit daily Maayka on Zee.

Buzz was that rival channel Sahara One has approached Classik Productions to churn out a new show for them, based on the same theme. The 15 actors, who had been sacked by Zee for refusing to be a part of the new developments, have also been approached for this project. However, when we dug into developments, it said a totally different story. The ex-Maayka team rubbishes these rumours and gives their say.

Nandita Puri (who essayed Mohini Malhotra) says, "I was very disappointed to read the article which says we were sacked. The truth is that we walked off the show. It was our decision to stay with the old production house (Classik). Changing the production house over night is definitely internal politics and they did not inform us about it. When we decided to leave the team, we were threatened to be blacklisted. Though later things were sorted out, our roles in Maayka were brought to an end. About the new show (for Sahara One), the talks are still on. One thing is for sure that theme is not the same." Nandita even confirms that the show is not yet finalised for a particular channel.

Even co-stars Urmila Kanitkar (Raaji) and Sudhir Pandey (Brij Malhotra) have the same say. Here is Urmila's version: "I am happy with Classik Productions. Yes I will be part of the new show but things are at very early stage. As a freelance actor we have the right to choose the people we want to work with and I did the same. As far as being out of work is concerned, that's not true; I am doing a Marathi film."

Giving his take on the quitting controversy, actor Sudhir Pandey voices, "I don't want to pin-point any names. In a nut shell, I would like to quote that it was our decision to walk off the show. We are witnesses of the situation and have taken that call after deep thinking. I am not guilty of it. We are happy to be back with Classik Production. My personal experience with them was very good, we bonded like a family."

Now that the actors have been vocal about their versions, the best person to throw light on the new show is the writer herself, Anjaana Sood who is busy penning the script for Classik Productions.

"The project is yet not finalised but the process is on," says Sood who severed ties with Zee post the change in the production house. "My ethics did not allow me to stay back with the same show," she adds.

This freelancer writer and creative head, now with Classik Production says, "I am working on the story for the new show. However, the story is not same as Maayka. I really have no idea on which channel this it be aired. We have been approached by big channels like Star, Sony and Sahara, but nothing is confirmed." On further egging, all that she was ready to let out was, "I am going to keep the family drama alive. Whether the same artists will be brought back to the new show, I would say it will be according to character of the script. Other than this, it's too early to disclose more." Edited by *PakiBeauty* - 16 years ago
BabyGirl0828 thumbnail

A still from Mera Sasural

Four months back Zee TV's Maayka which was initially produced by Classic Productions was taken away from them and given to Dheeraj Kumar's Creative Eye. Post this switch 14 actors including the lead girl Urmila Kanitkar, revolted against the channel and quit the show. That's when creative head of the show, Anjana Sood supported them and promised to create a new show for them within six months.

For the 14 jobless actors of Maayaka, the wait was worth it. Sood kept her promise and came up with a new show, Mera Sasural, within four months.

So from Maayaka to Mera Sasural, has the cast accepted and adjusted to the change?

A still from Maayka
Say our sources, naturally the Mera Sasural actors have a reason to smile now. Urmila Kanitkar, who plays the lead in both the shows, said, "We have complete faith and confidence in Anjana. She has kept her promise of giving us a new show. I have enjoyed working for Maayka and expect to enjoy Mera Sasural much more."

When contacted, Anjana Sood said, "I am thankful to the actors of Maayka for having confidence in me and having patience. During the last few months, none of them called me even once to ask about the new show that I had promised them. All of them were getting several offers from various channels including Zee, but they turned them down and waited to hear from me. I will do my best and won't let them down."

When asked if all the actors received their payments from Maayka, Anjana quipped, "I don't know. I have been too busy writing Mera Sasural." Mera Sasural will be Sood's first show as a producer and is expected to go on air on March 2.

Edited by *PakiBeauty* - 16 years ago
BabyGirl0828 thumbnail

Launching Mera Sasuraal

There has never been a dearth of women-centric serials on Indian television that span the entire gamut of saas-bahu sagas, maaykas, baabul ka aangans and bidaais. Now joining the line-up is 'Mera Sasural', which goes on air from March 10 on SaharaOne Television. The show will air Monday to Friday at 7.30 pm.

Announcing the new show, Kalyan Sundaram, Programming Head, SaharaOne Television, said, "It has always been our constant endeavour to present our viewers with entertainment that is wholesome and entertaining. Through our show 'Mera Sasural', we have attempted to break away from the misconceptions in our society and bring to life some very beautiful and cherished relationships. The show will showcase real yet unpredictable drama narrating the happenings in every Indian household even today."

'Mera Sasural' is the story of two young girls – Heer and Goldie – in their respective sasurals. The show brings alive the struggles of a woman in her attempt to strike a balance between the world that she is born into and the one that she enters into the moment she is married.

Produced by In House Production in association with Sacchitanand Production, 'Mera Sasural' stars Sudhir Pandey, Ragini Shah, Nandita Puri, Pankaj Beri, Pooja Joshi and others. The lead character of Heer will be essayed Urmila Kanetkar.

BabyGirl0828 thumbnail
Urmila Kanetkar
1985 *
Place of Birth Pune (Maharashtra)

Urmila Kanetkar is a classical dancer from Maharashtra, who was trained in Kathak by the famous guru Asha Joglekar. She participated in the ballet AZAD KI JUNG, which was performed to celebrate 50 years of India's Indepencence in 1997. Urmila has also started to study Odissi from the eminent dancer Sujata Mohapatra in Bhubaneswar. In 2006 Urmila Kanetkar made her screen debut in Shubhamangal Savdhan and the bilingual (Marathi and Konkani) movie Savalee.

Filmography
As Actor/Actress
Savalee, 2007
Shubhamangal Savdhan, 2006

BabyGirl0828 thumbnail
'Rajee was submissive, while Heer is dominating'-Urmila Kanetkar
The vivacious and smiling Urmila Kanetkar, who rose to fame as Rajee of Maayka, is back in SaharaOne's Mera Sasuraal

Urmila Kanetkar, fondly known as Rajee of Maayka by her fans, left them disappointed when she left the show. She is now back in a new serial called Mera Sasuraal on SaharaOne. The cute and ever-smiling actress talks to our Telly Buzz reporter about herrole in the new show.

You were Rajee in Maayka, and now Heer in Mera Sasuraal, so how different are both the characters?

Both the characters are very different. In Maayka, Rajee was very submissive and simple. She was the eldest daughter and had to be very understanding. Whereas in Mera Sasural, I play Heer who is the youngest daughter and is quite dominating.

Tell us something more about your character in Mera Sasuraal.

I play Heer in Mera Sasural and she is the youngest daughter of the family. She is pampered by her father and is loved by all. She has an elder sister and is the Khajuria family's neighbour. She has been friends with their son Om right from the time they have been kids. But as time went by they lose touch with one another. And now they are about to get married as the family has already accepted her as their daughter-in-law.

Do you relate to the characters you have played?

Rajee was very different and I am not like that at all. So it was difficult for me to play the role. But I relate more to Heer. I am also the only daughter just like her and am stubborn, dominating and quiet like Heer.

Your role in Maayka did not end on a very good note. What do you have to say about that?

That is past. I do not want to dwell on something that happened in the past and dig up any old graves. It happened and now it's over. I have moved on with my life. Such issues keep happening in television and you have to learn to get used to it.

So do you have any issues with the channel after dropping out of the show?

Not really. In fact I am doing a show on Zee Marathi. I never had any issues working with Zee then, and I don't have any issues now either.

How is it like working with Sudhir Pandey again?

It feels very nice. I had worked with him in Maayka and he is just like a teddy bear. There he was my father and here he plays my sasur. But either ways he is very caring and it is a pleasure working with him again. For me acting is reacting and it is the same with Sudhirji.

Any other projects in the pipeline?

Not really. I don't have the time to take up anything new.

Reporter and Author: Melanie

Shariefah thumbnail
The modern Heer After Maayka and Marathi serial Tujhya Vina, talented Kathak dancer Urmila Kanetkar now plays the female lead in Sachchidanand Productions' Mera Sasural, written by Anjana Sood and directed by Rajesh Babbar. It revolves around a Punjabi family. It is already on air from Monday to Friday on Sahara One Television. Talking to Life Style, she shares her views about her serial and talks about her ambitions. What kind of character do you play? I play Heer, a Kashmiri girl who works as a radio jockey for All-India Radio. She also conducts a programme for the Army called Fauji Bhaiyon Ki Farmaish. Tell us about Anjana Sood — the writer and the producer. Anjana is a complete package. She has an in-depth knowledge of telewood and is a very helpful person. What is the response from the viewers? So far so good. The experience has been quite good. How is the experience working the team? Sudhir Pande, Darshan Dave, Vishal Puri and Ragini Shah are exceptionally good to me and are very helpful. The crew is also very cooperative. For a Marathi-speaking girl, do you find it a little difficult delivering dialogues in Hindi? Initially, I found it a little difficult but soon I learnt the language. Now, I am doing well for myself. This makes me feel proud. What does fame mean to you? People should know me as a good actor. I do not wish to imitate any one but want to create my own identity.

— Dharam Pal

source:www.tribuneindia.com

Shariefah thumbnail
'Mera Sasural' is just another saas-bahu serial

Another saas-bahu serial proclaiming to be different and a custodian of social mores, is 'Mera Sasural' (MS), which is being aired on Sahara One these days. The main Star cast of the serial, which includes Urmila Kanetkar, Darshan Dave, Sudhir Pandey, Ragini Shah and producer Anjana Sood are promoting this show currently.

When asked as to why almost all bahus in the Hindi TV serials are made to bear torture and exploitation at the hands of their in-laws, Anjana gave an interesting reply, which can shock many, "People like watching women crying in silence and tolerating the atrocities patiently. It also shows the strength of her character. She does retaliate, but only when her patience gives at the end. When we show women as aggressive and courageous, the TRP's fall."

It is difficult to say whether the shows are influencing the people or if it is the other way around. The serial has some well-known faces of television in the cast.

Sudhir Pandey, who is playing the role of the patriarch of a big Punjabi family in the serial, concedes the fact that the all these soaps look almost the same these days." Creativity cannot work in isolation. It has to be commercially viable. You can either accept that fact or sit at home."

Sudhir, a very experienced artiste who has showcased an impressive range of his talent with serials such as 'Buniyaad', 'Yeh Shaadi Nahi Ho Sakti' and 'Amanat' strikes a wonderful balance with his newer co-artistes on the sets. "I've a realistic approach and don't like to impose myself on others."

It is the experimentation streak in theatre, which keeps the real actor in him going, but he misses out on good roles in Hindi films. "Films have an archival value unlike TV serials. People can watch a film many times. But unfortunately, I did not get meaty roles in Hindi films."

Ragini Shah, who play's Sudhir's better half in the serial, has never worked in Hindi films though she has had an eventful innings in Gujarati cinema. This veteran actress has worked in 50 Gujarati films, bagged six state awards, four awards for best actress and two for supporting actress, and is also directing TV documentaries and short films besides working in TV serials and organizing Gujarati film festivals.

"I made my debut in TV serials with 'Chanakya' in the year 1988, and went on to work in super hit serials like 'Ek Mahal Ho Sapno Ka', which had 1,000 episodes and also in Aati Rahengi Bahare."

Ragini, who has no qualms in being labeled a feminist, detests the raw treatment given to women's characters in TV serials. "I have left many serials midway because I differed with story lines which were becoming anti-women."

Bubbly Urmila Kanetkar, who is the lead actress of the serial opposite Darshan Dave, has worked in four Marathi films including Shubh Mangal Saavdhan and Saanwali. Having worked in a TV serial 'Maayka', she is also starring in another TV serial 'Asambhav' besides 'MS'.

"My character of Heer in the serial is quite similar to what I am in real life - a little naughty and a little aggressive. I am pestered by some black sheep in the family, who keep me on tenterhooks because I am a manglik."

Darshan Dave plays an army officer and enacted the role of an outlaw in his last serial, 'Ghar Ek Sapna', for which he also received best actor's award from Indian Television Academy."Despite getting appreciation for my negative roles, I was not getting as much attention as the lead pair would get. So I decided to play the role of a hero this time. For this role, I am updating myself with all kinds of information and technicalities related to the life of an army officer."

This science student from Jaipur is not in hurry as he turned down offers for cameo roles from directors like Prakash Jha and Ram Gopal verma. "I definitely want to work in Hindi films, but only major roles. The roles which do not make any difference to the storyline are not acceptable to me." He certainly trusts his acting skills enough to be this confident.

source: www.televisionpoint.com