Q. Why does world not recognise bollywood like kpop/kdramas? - Page 3

Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by HearMeRoar

@Bold: have you watched Bollywood movies?πŸ˜† Or seen what they wear in any of the big Indian cities? 

@Blue: have you watched Bollywood movies?smiley36 You've just described their idea of a perfect woman.

@Green: Will buy your explanation it wasn't meant to be racist, but man! If someone said that about a Bollywood movie, I doubt you (or anyone else here) would be sanguine. But apparently, being racist against East Asians is not racism!

@Red: Bud, it's one thing to say I can't relate or I don't want to read subtitles. Most peeps will shrug and say your loss. Or even to say you're not into Korean or East Asian cultures or xyz culture. The way you're wording it makes it sound like you think it's a virtue not to be interested in anything other than your own subculture in India. It isn't. It's not a vice, but it is narrow-minded and nothing to be proud of. In fact, a reader might even think you sound like the Indian version of PewDiePie.

you think i really care about what other people thinks about me? πŸ˜† Honestly I was even thinking should I answer the other user about the racist claim or just like her comment and move on.. All these racism, feminism etc are corruptions and garbage of the internet.. Their mind is stuck in such nonsense 

People say a lot of things about bollywood.. Dancing around the trees, druggies etc 

i don’t have much interest in bollywood movies . lost interest long back . what attracts me to korean dramas is the content and only content . just 16 episodes and you get a good story unlike english shows which has lots of seasons or endless ITV dramas . kdramas offer all kinds of genre - thrillers, romcom , supernatural stuff .. there are plenty of dramas to choose from with talented actor/actress . not just kdramas , now a days even chinese dramas are also popular . i watch japanese , taiwanese too . amidst that if at all I pick a bollywood movie by chance they look stale to me except few movies which are like so rare thesedays  and music the less said the better . nothing attracts me to bollywood sadly 

Originally posted by Lalakhun1

you think i really care about what other people thinks about me? πŸ˜† Honestly I was even thinking should I answer the other user about the racist claim or just like her comment and move on.. All these racism, feminism etc are corruptions and garbage of the internet.. Their mind is stuck in such nonsense 

People say a lot of things about bollywood.. Dancing around the trees, druggies etc 

If you didn't, you wouldn't have responded to her comment or mine.

Not only that, we don't need you to particularly care about what we think for us to point out something wrong. Actually, we do it under the assumption you don't  care. 

Or why would you proudly advertise you bigotry?

When people call bigots or sexists out, it's usually to make a point to others who might be reading. People, you know, like those at the receiving end of your bigotry, who might feel relieved at the support. 

@2nd Bold. Yet here you are, in Bollywood forum. πŸ˜†

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago

** Pop-corn thread alert!!!

I agree with someone who said Korean dramas and movies have quality, which Bollywood lacks badly...

Originally posted by Lalakhun1

Kpop seems like they are wearing western clothes? K dramas I havent watched like for more than 10 years, the innocent / cute act are very annoying, also I used to read how they say in real life korean people are not even like that ?

I am actually surprised with that face how could they even be popular especially the guys. 

Also I might be different, but I am not interested in culture other than my own, especially if I am not understanding the language, i will not bother watching or listening to the songs. 

Tch tch 

One reason, which I am pretty sure people will ignore or try to brush aside is because Indians are generally seen as less attractive beings in west compared to orientals.

Same reason why White actors and actresses are more popular in India compared to blacks.

We all are inherently racistπŸ˜†

Originally posted by IWILLDIESINGLE

One reason, which I am pretty sure people will ignore or try to brush aside is because Indians are generally seen as less attractive beings in west compared to orientals.

Same reason why White actors and actresses are more popular in India compared to blacks.

We all are inherently racistπŸ˜†

It does seem like we aren't  proud of our talents culture and don't showcase it in right way for others to notice because we are busy following

Is there world-wide recognition for Kdrama though ? I'm sure it's popular among some people from everywhere  but I'm wondering if that's still a niche audience as opposed to people across the globe being familiar with Kdrama the way they are with Downton Abbey or Friends or whatever .  

Kdrama/ Kpop popularity is recent .They're mainly popular among teenagers . Kpop is heavily influenced by western music .Kdramas are also same though they speak korean .

For me kdramas are like KJo's movies . Feel good romcoms . used to watch them when I was a teenager Now I cant stand