SS - My Perfect Life Partner (Part 5 Pg 7 upd 07 Nov)

iamcurious thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Hello everyone,

Haven't really introduced myself here, new to "Anupama" forum but once upon a time dwelled on India forums a lot when BALH (1) and Itna karo na mujhe pyaar aired. Back then and today, if I love the lead pair, they become my muse and I simply love writing down my thoughts in form of stories. 😆

I started watching Anupama only recently after Mr Anuj ki dhamakedar entry and like everyone here am smitten 😳

Nothing much to add about me but pleased to be back to this tiny fictional world away from the reality which is not so cheesily romantic 😂

I am staring a story which I plan to wind up in a couple of chapters. I usually wait till I bank a couple of chapters but the joy of writing has teased me to start posting already. 

Please do read and share your thoughts. This story is just an extension to the current track in my imagination, nothing relevant to anything or anyone on or off the show.

SS-My Perfect Life Partner

Part 1 : Pg 1

Part 2 : Pg 2

Part 3 : Pg 3

Part 4 : Pg 5

Part 5 : Pg 7

Edited by iamcurious - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iamcurious thumbnail

Part 1 

"Aye Dil e nadaan, Aye Dil e nadaan

Arzoo kya hai, justujuu kya hai..'

Devika had the habit of always entering Anu's room without knocking which was wrong for others but never for Anu. She had once chided lovingly, 'Apno ke room mein aane ke liye bhi koi knock karta hai kya bhala?' 

This and many such qualities had not just Devika but a lot of Anu's family members hooked to her, love and adore her. The latest to join the bandwagon was her long-lost college friend-Anuj Kapadia.

"How his existence was just a blur memory for past 26 years was now an answer to almost all of her questions or actually Prayers? Can someone be this kind and so good, she always wondered. Was he for real? What had I done to deserve knowing such a wonderful man?', Anu's thoughts jumped randomly without realising there was a smile lingering on her lips.

"Ohoo Kya baat hai Anu, badi pyari muskan chayi hui hal? Hmm?, Devika interrupted her thoughts.

Anu appeared flustered, was she really blushing? No! No, she thought to herself.

Pushing away all her thoughts she said, 'Kuch bhi bolti hai tu huh Devika', and got up from the bed and began to organise the already organised desk that now occupied the small corner of her room.

'Its not wrong to think how Anuj has always been so helpful and kind. Even Samar's case today for example is resolved because of him', she said very plainly.

Devika smiled radiantly as Anu let slip her thoughts unknowingly. Not wanting to let go of this opportunity, she moved towards her and picked up a book randomly from the desk and fluttering through the pages she said casually, 'No... no.. not wrong at all. Par meine to Anuj ka naam hi nahi liya!', she said and watched her reactions carefully.

Anu was caught off guard, she turned a deep shade of pink as she fumbled for words, 'wo..mein..mujhe laga.. tum ne...' She felt warm all over, her fingers were twisting the edges of her saree and tiny beads of sweat covered her forehead.

'What is wrong with me?', she murmured to herself and turned away to escape Devika's questioning eyes.

Devika enjoyed the sight of her, her friend was finally learning to process her thoughts and feelings that were solely hers.

Devika enjoyed the sight of her, her friend was finally learning to process her thoughts and feelings that were solely hers and not others'. Not wanting to push hard she changed the topic lightly, 'Ohoo... Ismein itna serious kyu ho rahi ho... I was just pulling your leg.'

'Devika tu na...',  Anu forced a laugh but deep down this had disturbed her. This had never happened to her before. 

Anuj's name was like that stone that sent millions of ripples through the still water, her life.

'Listen, I had come to drop these files, Anuj asked me to handover, she pointed at the pile of files she had placed on the far end of the desk when she entered the room.

'Oh ok. Did I forget to pick them up?', Anu reacted typically earning a chuckle and rolled eyes from her friend.

"No silly, they were under process by the legal team but has turned up all cleared. I want you to be on the same page tomorrow for the meeting so.'

'Arre kya tum wo Lion's Ladies club wali meeting ki baat kar rahi ho?'

'Yes, wahi'

"Par wo to Thursday ko hai ne', Anu looked confused and reached to check her diary she maintained meticulously.

'Madam, kal Thursday hi hai'

Biting her tongue and looking apologetically at Devika Anu said, 'Oh Soori, soori mere dimag mein aaj Tuesday hi chalra hai'.

'Haan ab to aisa hota rahega, khayalo mein Log jo aane lage hai', she murmured comically.

Creasing her brows, 'Kya? Did you say something?'

Giggling at her lost expressions, Devika hugged her friend tightly and said', 'Kuch nal pagli, bye!' and disappeared out of the door.

Astonished at her sudden change in behaviour and especially the hug Anu looked pleased yet confused, 'Pagal mein ki wo?'

'Anyways, I better wind up soon and prepare myself forthe meeting tomorrow. 'Anuj ne kaha hai the chairperson, Sarla ji is a very creative person and it will be a challenge to impress her.' without realising she had coloured up again and felt the warmth seeping through simply because he had crossed her mind nth time again.

To be continued...

Edited by iamcurious - 2 years ago
NephilimByHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Nice start... Plz post soon. 

DJ_3 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 4

Friends like Devika are a gem 💎.  Hope Anu keeps thinking about Anuj😆 Waitimg to see the story progress 👍🏼

shrizz thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Areeee waaaah....I love it😍😍

Looking forward to the next update

Edited by shrizz - 2 years ago
fan_fiction123 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Nice start and take 👍🏼 Process of Anu falling for Anuj 😀

Plz continue soon.

nish_vir thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

First of all, welcome to Anuj ka fanclub ( that's what the forum really is these days😆)

Onto your story then, loved the start. How Anu was lost in Anuj's thought and how effortlessly was devika reading the change in her friend. Their interaction truly was heartwarming❤️

Also the little bits concerning their office life (jo abhi show main only anuj ke forlorn looks ke liye use hota hai😆) was a nice touch.

I also really liked how you tried to highlight Anupama's character by her habits and behaviour towards loved ones 

Now, I'm really looking forward to MaAn interacting in office.

Pks20 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Anu beginning to realise that Anuj is there! Finally!! Looking forward to her falling for him and realising her feelings for him.

Great story can’t wait to read more. 

iamcurious thumbnail

Originally posted by: nish_vir

First of all, welcome to Anuj ka fanclub ( that's what the forum really is these days😆)

Onto your story then, loved the start. How Anu was lost in Anuj's thought and how effortlessly was devika reading the change in her friend. Their interaction truly was heartwarming❤️

Also the little bits concerning their office life (jo abhi show main only anuj ke forlorn looks ke liye use hota hai😆) was a nice touch.

I also really liked how you tried to highlight Anupama's character by her habits and behaviour towards loved ones 

Now, I'm really looking forward to MaAn interacting in office.

Thank you and everyone for the welcome to Anuj Fanclub indeed 🤣

Thanks for reading and also saying it why. 😍

iamcurious thumbnail

Author's note

Thank you guys for reading. Do ignore mistakes, writing on my phone. The joy of writing is priceless. 😊

Part 2

"Paas rehke bhi thi doori
Jaane kaise thi majboori
Waqt woh bhi ajeeb tha
Jab tu mere kareeb tha..."

Anu had risen even before the sun and had as usual finish all her duties which no longer were for her to do but she continued to do so simple because it kept her baa and bapuji happy and inturn her happy.

'Jai Shri Krishna Bapuji, aapki dawa and chai', Anu announced as she rushed towards him with the newspaper press firmly under her arm, the hands holding a tray full of tea, breakfast and his tablets placed diligent in the small bowl she'd spared for his tablets.

'Jai Shri Krishna beta. Thank you', he helped her with the tray and set it on the table.

Checking his watch, he said, 'Shu vaat che Anupama beta, aaj itna jaldi sab?', he inquired gently.

'Wo aaj ek meeting ke liye Baroda jaana hai ne Bapuji, to sab kuch fatafat finish kar diya', she replied enthusiastically.

'acha.., acha...'

'Wo Devika bhi aa rahi hai Bapuji, Anuj aur mere saath', she added as if justifying.

Taking Anuj's name came more easily to her. And this, two people realised but her. One was Devika and the other was her Bapuji. And this somehow didn't irk him, it rather pleased him.

He smiled gently reading her apprehensions and said politely, 'beta, I never asked who is going with
you? I never will. Tu to mera garv hai, you don't have to explain anything to me. I know everything'

Anu smiled and thanked her lord for blessing her with such a wonderful father who was being a father to her in the truest sense.

"You should go beta you shouldn't be late'.

Anu nodded positively and was about to leave when she turned suddenly remembering something, 'Wo bapuji...'

Reading her mind bapuji interrupted, 'Tu Samar ki chinta mat kar, waise bhi the matter is closed and sorted. I will look into it if required. And ghar mein sab ko mein sambhal lunga tu ja'

'Thank you', she said and slipped out of the door quickly collected her things quietly in no mood to Interact with anyone especially Mr. Shah.

'Good Morning Anuj,' Anu strode into his cabin chirpily. There was a spring in her step and she looked radiant.

'Can it get any better?. Anuj asked loudly and grinned like an idiot. Devika cleared her throat and added, 'Of course not.'

The grin vanished and reflexively his hand reached the collar of his shirt tugging at it repeatedly, something he usually did when caught off guard and teased. Slyly he pressed his index finger to his
lips and briefly dosed his eyes begging her to not tease any further.

Devika was his friend but a notorious one at that. He scowled at her evil grin and plastered a decent smile on his face for Anupama.

"Good morning Anu', Devika greeted. 'Bhai hame bhi kehdo good morning'. She said and stood up to face her. She was seated on the sofa all this long, her back facing the door.

'Meine tumhe dekha hi nahi Devika, sorry, Good morning', she said naively.

'haan.. aajkal mein na tumhe dikhti hu na Anuj ko... she teased rolling her eyes and enjoyed the awkwardness of the two that followed. They both looking at everything else but each other.

'Arre Patli jo ho gayi huy, she guffawed further when neither reacted. She felt so powerful these days, she was able to embarrass them so quickly and easily. One must enjoy while it lasts, she thought mentally and sniggered.

Anuj cleared his throat, ' I guess we should get going, he said standing up and buttoning up his suit. As a habit he pressed on the bridge of his glasses and walked to hold the door open for the ladies to make way first.

'uff your chivalry Anuj', Devika commented dreamily and giggled when Anu elbowed her for teasing him unnecessarily.

Blushing hard Anuj went straight after them without saying a word and followed the two to the parking. Just when they had arrived, one of the executive came running after, calling for him.

'Am sorry to disturb you sir, but there is something that needs your urgent attention', said the perplexed employee.

"Can it wait for a while Rohan?' Anuj asked calmly.

'Unfortunately, no. Its regarding the collaboration with Mastani House - Surat'

Devika overheard the conversation and stepped in immediately, 'Have they raised concerns regarding the terms?'

"Yes Mam.'

'Anuj, I'll take care of it. We've anyways discussed this. I've got it. You carry on with the Baroda meeting', she assured. Her tone back to meaning business.

'Are you sure? We can postpone the meeting,' Anuj proposed seriously.

'Trust me, I got this.', she reassured and allowed Rohan to go back and fetch the relevant documents to join her.

Taking a quick look at his watch Anuj said, 'Ok, driver will take you to Surat then, I'll drive Anupama and me to Baroda. It's not much' and held the door open for Devika to get into the car.

'Anupama two minutes ok?!.' Anuj said and earned an approving nod from her immediately.

Meanwhile he instructed the driver to fetch another car. Ouickly Devika and he both ran through the points before they both set off for their respective destinations.

Anupama watched the entire scene unfold in pure amazement. She was in awe of her friend's confidence and her leadership. It all came so easily to her and of course Anuj's thoughtfulness in smallest of things. She observed, it was his general behaviour to treat all his ermployees so kindly and so well, especially women, not just her and Devika, but even the other staff. She had not only heard but had also seen the women of all age group in his company admiring him. Hadn't he given her a chance too? Trusting her abilities when she doubted them herself?

The driver stopped the car slowly raising the dust thus bringing back Anupama from her reverie.

'Mam please', the driver had helped Anu into the front passenger seat as instructed by Anuj and came to the car he was to chauffeur.

'Alright then Devika, good luck. Call me if you need any help'

'Yes, I will. Meanwhile...she paused purposely and grinned.' you enjoy the drive alright?', she pointed her thumb in Anu's direction and winked.

Anuj laughed and sighed deeply, 'uhh..I guess I will.'

Devika waved one last time and set off while Anuj took the driving seat of his car and fastened the seat belt. He observed hers was undone.

'Anu'

'Huh?'

'I mean Anupama, sorry', he flustered. 'Seat belt please', he pointed at the belt. 

'Anu kehke to sab pukarte hai ismein itna chonkne wali kya baat thi Anupama', she chided herself and then smlled when she recollected how nice, new and different it felt.

She pulled the belt but it snapped out of her hands and got stuck. 'Uh oh! Sorry', she muttered feeling embarrassed of making a fool of herself. She was so confused and surprisingly disoriented that she kept tugging at the wrong end.

'Can I?', Anuj asked to break the tension in the air and waited till she nodded; her eyes downcast, her fingers fumbling with the ring on her finger.

Resting his left hand on the head of her seat, he slowly leaned over on her side, his right hand stretching, it brushed slightly on her left shoulder, she could feel his warm breath on the bare skin of her neck. His exquisite cologne filled her nostrils and surprisingly she closed her eyes as if registering all this at once to replay it in her mind later.

He deftly secured the belt in the lock and ensured that he had done it right and smiled in response to her bashful "thank you'

He'd seen her closing her eyes and a hint of blush when he retreated. It pleased him that his proximity could do this.

Though only he knew how his heart had plummeted 10 times and would explode out of his chest had he not stopped thinking about her. "Get a grip Anuj".

To be continued...