sush: films are not the be all in my life

mango thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 19 years ago
SUSH: FILMS ARE NOT THE BE ALL IN MY LIFE

By Naresh Kumar

Tete-a-Tete

click for larger view
"Films are not the be all in my life. They are only a part of life". The former Miss Universe said this recently to us during an interview. We had asked her if she is satisfied with her filmi career. " I am ambitious but my ambition is not limited to the filmi world. If I do so I would be undervaluing myself ". She has journeyed a long way from her first movie 'Dastak' to her latest 'Main Hoon Naa' with Shah Rukh Khan. This long travel of about eight years has been full of life for her but the industry compares her with another world beauty former Miss world Aishwarya Rai, and finds Sush much behind. Sush doesn't agree with it, though. " I am happy wherever I am". We met her during the shoot of 'Bewafa' being directed by Dharmesh Darshan of the 'Raja Hindustani' fame. At present, she has a couple of 'Chandni Chopra' type of roles, she added.

Excerpts of her interview:

Did you hope that the audience would appreciate your 'Chandni Chopra' role in 'Main Hoon Naa'?

How could I think about it before the release of the movie? However, I had never imagined that the people would like me so much and become fida on me.

Why haven't you signed as many films as expected after your roaring success in 'Main Hoon Naa'?

I haven't done anything in this respect. I have never aimed at doing a particular thing. I never plan a thing. I let things go as they can.

What kind of a change in your career you expected after 'Main Hoon Naa'?

< border=0 align=top marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://ww.smashits.com/fastclick_300x250_01." Border=no width=300 scrolling=no height=250> < SRC="http://ww.smashits.com/fastclick_300x250_01." width="300" height="250" border="0" MARGINWIDTH="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0" SCROLLING="no"> </> </>
Earlier, the audience didn't expect much from me as an actress. So, I never thought of doing some hat ke films. Now, the audience has a lot of expectation from me. So, I am ready to take the risk. Without taking risk, I shall not know my capability or otherwise.

Which other films have you signed?

I got some ad films after the success of 'Main Hoon Naa'. I have also signed one home production of Aamir Khan besides Harry Baweja's Ajay Devgan starrer, and Kalpana Lazmi's 'Postman And The Prostitute'.

How come new comers like Zayed Khan and Amrita Rao got more footage than you in 'Main Hoon Naa'?

click for larger view
I am very happy if the people feel so much about me. I wish the people to continue to like me. I know that I was ignored in the movie, but it has benefited me. I never asked about it from farah Khan. Moreover, there is no need to talk about it when the movie has proved a hit. I shall try my best to fulfil my audience's expectations.

Haven't you changed now for the better? We find you shaking hand with Kareena Kapoor?

click for larger view
Kareena is a good girl. She respects her seniors more than anyone. Kareena is like me and I am like Kareena. Hence we are very thick with each other. She is frank, and never hides anything. She speaks out whatever she feels.I like such persons who criticize you in your presence and not behind you.

It is aid that you never took your career seriously from the beginning. So you missed the bus to reach the top where Aish and Kareena have reached. Your comment?

At an age of 15, I wished to gain fame. I have achieved a lot since then. What I think is important for me. I am very famous, and there is no limit of fame. I am very happy with whatever I have got.

If you are satisfied with the present status in career, it means you have you no more ambition in life?

click for larger view

No, I am not satisfied with the present. I am very ambitious and sky is the limit for me. But to be number one in the industry is not the only limit for me. I have done much more than this. After all, films are not the all in my life; they are a part of my life. If I limit my ambition to films only then I shall be undervaluing myself.

Aish and other beauty queens have all entered films, is there no other alternative for them?

There is nothing wrong if a beauty queen gets an opportunity to show her talent .If a beauty queen wants to be an actress, it doesn't mean she cannot do any other thing. But why should she lose the opportunity if she gets one.

smashits.com 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

thanx 4 sharing!!

i really like sushmita!!

popkurn thumbnail
Sushmita is tall...shes cool! thanx for sharing!
sks20 thumbnail
Thanks for sharing.  I like Sushmita a lot too, she is so much better that Aishwarya.  I remember I was so glad when she won Ms India and beat Aishwarya to it.  She is so much more charming.