Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: 404_NotFound

Didn’t they show Kaku and gang getting forced to do something they were against  by faking death and faking arrest by involving fake police  . It’s not the first time that the show had normalized such things and since it’s FL on the receiving end we have some focus on it otherwise it would be given a comical touch and forgotten. 

Edit : oh let me the disclaimer before it’s too late . I don’t support any kind of abuse even if it comes from my fav Virat or universal fav Sai . 

Edit 2 : rephrasing it to avoid shifting the focus from the real issue 

I have always tried to be unbiased .. stayed away from off screen drama ( not my concern) , stayed away from actors acting capabilities.. I always discuss the characters rather than the actors ..for me this is just a story written by the author .. it is immaterial whosoever is acting it out .. 

The character virat .. was not right today .. yes he wanted to control his wife .. he felt she was slipping away .. not understanding him .. yes he felt humiliated whenever she said this is a deal marriage .. most particularly in janmashtami night .. He was angry with her when she stopped his transfer exercising her spousal right with his superior .. so he acted irrationally.. and went out of control 

but they showed him going down .. and explaining to his family.. there was not any remorse in his action.. his family did nothing to dissuade him .

He himself felt no remorse to go back up and open the door after 10 minutes.. it happens you hurts your if control .. but you realise ur mistake and make amends .. if he had rushed back to open the door ..or locked himself inside with her .. things would have been different .. 

this type of extreme anger needs therapy .. 

404_NotFound thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: msin

I have always tried to be unbiased .. stayed away from off screen drama ( not my concern) , stayed away from actors acting capabilities.. I always discuss the characters rather than the actors ..for me this is just a story written by the author .. it is immaterial whosoever is acting it out .. 

The character virat .. was not right today .. yes he wanted to control his wife .. he felt she was slipping away .. not understanding him .. yes he felt humiliated whenever she said this is a deal marriage .. most particularly in janmashtami night .. He was angry with her when she stopped his transfer exercising her spousal right with his superior .. so he acted irrationally.. and went out of control 

but they showed him going down .. and explaining to his family.. there was not any remorse in his action.. his family did nothing to dissuade him .

He himself felt no remorse to go back up and open the door after 10 minutes.. it happens you hurts your if control .. but you realise ur mistake and make amends .. if he had rushed back to open the door ..or locked himself inside with her .. things would have been different .. 

It’s the exact same thing I mentioned . It’s doesn’t matter who did it whether it’s X or Y . What is wrong is wrong . I never said Virat did right . Did I ? I merely stated the fact that it’s not the first time it’s happening in the show . It’s a bitter truth but it’s still a truth . 

Edited by 404_NotFound - 2 years ago
nethraa_99 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

This has been Virat's pattern since PD lunch...he has no control over his anger, he does awful things....but doesn't realise it even....needs someone/something to knock some sense into him. The fact that he has probably seen Ninad behave the same way makes him insensitive to the harm he is causing to the other party. 

He is attentive when things are going fine with Sai...but when there is any crack in the relationship...he has this tendency to act inhuman. As a viewer one watches with dread every time he gets angry...if his Ninad-esque side is going to make an appearance. That screams red flag. He commits a mistake, expresses regret but repeats the mistake again and again. That's classic abuse. He needs therapy asap.

For all the values Ashwini has tried to instill in Virat...she hasn't managed to take the Ninad out of him. Happens in real life too....sons who resent their fathers for the way they treat their mothers ...end up treating their wives the exact same way.

Sai needs to get out of this abusive relationship asap. Every time this has happened, her pain, her sense of humiliation, the effect to her self-esteem has never been shown properly in the show. Nor does she have a family that will take on  the damaad and family....and give her a safe haven. 

It's time the show takes a deviation - show SaiRat divorce and go their separate ways.  Sai continuing her studies and finding a more suitable life partner. Virat can be shown taking therapy and trying to become a better version of himself.

Soanz.19 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Just to put it out here, Sai did wrong by faking her death but she was in constant fear and guilt throughout the show. The first thing she did when she got the mic was publically apologise to everyone for faking her death and giving them such a big scare. There's no hint of guilt or remorse in Virat for locking up Sai in her bedroom. Infact, he's justifying this act of his. 

As regards taking Devi outside her home without her legal guardian's permission, well the legal guardian was drugging her for years and separated her from her newborn baby and husband. I can only imagine the situation if someone rescuing Devi from such abuse would stop to take permissions.

scarlett22 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Virat's behaviour is very much similar to real life situations that do happen.. I think that is where they cross that thin line reality and fiction. 

Whatever Sai did, though once again, please I do not condone it, it was stupid,  reeked of immaturity, stubbornness, arrogance. but it still falls in the realm of fiction. 

But whatever Virat does when he is angry can happen to women, and by normalising it, without him showing even a thought about what he did, how are they portraying their male lead, who is supposed to be the Hero of the show??  Do it for drama sake but give us a monologue that he is feeling bad about behaving this way. And wondering if he crossed the line?? At least to himself?? 

Have there been such situations in other shows, yes!! but they show a change in the male lead. Here, there is no change. 

IF Sai is the wrong girl, then Virat is the wrong person too. Please let them go their own ways. 

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Bold : ye aapne bahut sahi baat batayi👍🏼tabhi I like to see ur post.

Edited by Fruitcustard_9 - 2 years ago
SonuRani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ltelidevara

What happened to her mobile? She could have called Mohit or Aswini ..Thankfully she got down without injuring herself but it is a risk for her. Years back they showed this in KD but these makers still thought that it makes sense to show this..probably for TRPs. Sai getting down the pipes makes for an exciting watch. So they just went ahead butchering Virat’s charecter who is not like Rono. 

Virat takes her mobile so that she could not call anyone. Watch it sai searching for mobile but was not there

Sudharies thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Micro Phobia Contest Participant 0 Thumbnail + 8

What better is expected of the Chavan family? They never were gonna stand up for Sai and put sense into Virat strictly. Such telling off is only for the daughter in laws and not for the sons who go haywire which is ignored and called right by the same elders. If it was Pakhi then Bhavani's reaction would have been different, but Sai is just an annoying girl for her and she won't bat an eyelid for her. 

Omkar is so annoying, saying that he won't let Sai go to college, as if he's some master and Ninad isn't reprimanding his brother for talking about his DIL. Useless people, seriously. Virat, just out of his mind, if he thinks he's teaching her a lesson for her adamant nature, then he's wrong. Controlling and forcibly locking someone will only make them revolt further. Sai's assumptions about his feelings for Pakhi are only getting stronger the more he shows hatred on her. He's definitely need a wakeup call soon. He should really let go of her or leave calmly to his new place, without hurting her anymore. This current behaviour of his is such a huge disappointment. 

monsi08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

I watched all episodes of this show in the last month and thought it to be a good love story .. but the way chavan family keep ranting and taunting Sai was already revolting ... But the way Virat is talking now , it's all the more revolting... 

A girl can't have a choice in choosing a boy or what... If she rejects someone , he would start misbehaving and torturing her in the name of his undying love... It's revolting regressive and scary ... There have been so many crimes in real life ... But makers are not at all bothered ... They are glorifying it 😝😝😝.

I still hope they would not belittle this scenario with some stupid comedy and show some serious repercussions which jolts the core of the nonsense Chavan family and specially Virat ...  

As of now , it's way too much disappointing and they are ruining it to the extent of not coming  back to a normal and sensible show😝😡

Ekaanek100 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Soanz.19

Just to put it out here, Sai did wrong by faking her death but she was in constant fear and guilt throughout the show. The first thing she did when she got the mic was publically apologise to everyone for faking her death and giving them such a big scare. There's no hint of guilt or remorse in Virat for locking up Sai in her bedroom. Infact, he's justifying this act of his. 

As regards taking Devi outside her home without her legal guardian's permission, well the legal guardian was drugging her for years and separated her from her newborn baby and husband. I can only imagine the situation if someone rescuing Devi from such abuse would stop to take permissions.

The problem is he sees no wrong in it, while doing it...like he saw no wrong in denying food taking away the shelter or manhandling her..He thought she deserves it.. Even today he thinks she deserves being locked in the room and he stands their listening to yet again the parvarish of Kamal Joshi..someone he calls his mentor.

Devyani case or the fake accident, she knew she was wrong, she was guilty about it all and if she was not thrown out she would have apologised for that matter as well.....In anyway Devyani should have been taken away from that house long back and the FIR should have been filed against  the family for mentally abusing her and keeping her locked.... I am not sure how do we equate the two...This man thinks its right to lock his wife in the room and has not even gone back to see if she is fine or not locked in a room. The family stands there discussing why he did that, instead of taking the key from him and getting the room unlocked first. 👏👏👏

Edited by asmi_joya - 2 years ago