Posted: 2 days ago

All this just because wifey wants to go college rather than sit for a pooja... what nonsense. Does virat even realise how he looks or sounds right now justifying locking his wife in her room just because she's adamant to go college? 

Posted: 2 days ago
Originally posted by MusicMuse


This !

Completely agree with what you said. It always baffles me how this forum always treats Sai , a character as flawed as possible,  as if she's some flawless paragon of virtue,  which she most definitely is not. Whatever she does wrong,  there are literally thousand babying excuses , bachhi hai, teenager hai, immature hai , orphan hai   family nehi hai, palace nehi hai.. yada yada.. so she can have a snooty attitude,  accepted. She can interfere in other people's personal matters. Accepted. She can be brazen and rude at the drop of a hat. Accepted. She can have an opinion about everything in the family, though when it comes to responsiblity and family rules , then she's an outsider  who need not conform to it.


Whereas Virat and Pakhi are never given such leeway, especially Virat. All the readymade pampering and excuses are for Sai only, nothing to be spared for Virat , he is not even a human being but a monster.

If she interferes in his work affairs and make him a butt of joke in front of his superior officer, oh it's perfectly alright after all she's a noble heart and noble intention. And if Virat locks her in their bedroom for 10 minutes, suddenly it's a serious case of domestic violence. People whonsay these things and casually throw around words like domestic violence do they even know it's meaning ?? What it looks like , domestic violence?? 

To say nothing of her other antics.

All characters of Ghum are flawed , they're humane , that's partly why this show is so popular. It's refreshing to see a "vamp" so pitifully human , a female lead so brashly flawed , a male lead who's often vulnerable and gloriously flawed. 

Provided we have the generosity to look at characters with unbiased view.

But.. sigh !

Such utter hypocrisy of treatment towards different characters make me sick to my stomach. 


@Bold: While I may agree with other bits of the discussion, I do not agree with your statement in bold. Here you have a much older man, who has married a teenager, who has no other family in the world, who is much younger than him and over whom he considers he has authority and he has decided to lock her in her room restricting her freedom, has taken away her phone so that she cannot contact anyone outside and will plan to let her out as and when his family decides she is needed in a pooja. There is no suggestion that it would have only been for 10 minutes as even Ninad was saying she should go to college, but come back early so clearly that would be a significant period of time. Virat also had no idea about whether there is food or water in the room (particularly given the rules of CN), by good luck she appears to have access to bathroom facilities. Her only mode of escape was to climb down pipes from the upper floors of the building, which has its own obvious dangers. What part of that is not considered abuse or domestic violence? And this is all before taking into account how he has been acting with her over the past day. Domestic abuse as a whole is not only limited to physical violence, but also emotional trauma and torture. Everything about his actions today screamed abuse and I do not consider the term is being thrown around lightly. 

Edited by Tiptione - 2 days ago
Posted: 2 days ago

Originally posted by msin


It was revolting .. we knew virat had locked  Sai in the room.. but today misr of his family members came to know about it .. and still they did nothing 

thankfully ashwini and Mohit were not there ..

Mansi , Shivani and ninad did nothing .. they just berated virat .. and virat was not at all apologetic about it ..



This is the same family which has made their own daughter Devyani mad .. by locking her for years .. 

I am glad Sai had the fortitude to come out of her prison .. and escape .. but she could have broken her limb ..

Right now this is so disgusting.. I want Sai to run and put FiR against virat for locking her in room .. domestic abuse ..  

would he have let of any man who did the same to his wife ..and it was reported in station 


Just want to put my points for the comments where virat's uncalled behavior is being compared with sai's. 

Yes sai too made people do certain things which they don't want to do. But it can't & can never compared with virat's actions. 

1)Forcing Trimurti to attend her college function. Sai was so wrong in forcing them. But in order to make them do what she wants she didn't hurt them by manhandling, denying food or locking them in room. She played stupid & impulsive prank which would have costed only HER. Even while doing such stupid act, she was guilty throughout the day & genuinely apologised them. And the result of her prank only ended in trimurti enjoying her college function thoroughly. No one got hurted here because of sai's zid. 

2) Cancelling virat's transfer. 

Sai decided to cancel virat's transfer only when he indirectly blamed her infront of everyone by saying she would be happy without him. She knows that he is taking tranfer for personal reasons not for work. She didn't wanted virat to go away from family because of her. And her zid of getting virat tranfer cancelled ended up in virat reconciliation with his brother for which virat desperately waited for many days. Again no one got hurt because of sai's zid. 

3) Eloping devi tai without taking permission from her legal guardian.

I don't even feel the need to explain this. Everyone knows about devi tai's so called gurdian actions. And how the gurdian & her chamchas treated her for many years. So🤷.

In all these incidents the reason behind sai's zid is others happiness. Be it trimurti enjoying her function, virat celebrating festival with his family, devi getting a happy life. She never made other do things to satisfy her ego like virat. And she was completely guilty while doing all these unlike virat who took pride in manhandling a girl, locking his wife, throwing women at midnight & denying food. 

Don't understand where the comparison even comes. There is so much difference between impulsiveness & inhumanity. Both can never be compared. 

Posted: 2 days ago
Originally posted by Tiptione



@Bold: While I may agree with other bits of the discussion, I do not agree with your statement in bold. Here you have a much older man, who has married a teenager, who has no other family in the world, who is much younger than him and over whom he considers he has authority and he has decided to lock her in her room restricting her freedom, has taken away her phone so that she cannot contact anyone outside and will plan to let her out as and when his family decides she is needed in a pooja. There is no suggestion that it would have only been for 10 minutes as even Ninad was saying she should go to college, but come back early so clearly that would be a significant period of time. Virat also had no idea about whether there is food or water in the room (particularly given the rules of CN), by good luck she appears to have access to bathroom facilities. Her only mode of escape was to climb down pipes from the upper floors of the building, which has its own obvious dangers. What part of that is not considered abuse or domestic violence? And this is all before taking into account how he has been acting with her over the past day. Domestic abuse as a whole is not only limited to physical violence, but also emotional trauma and torture. Everything about his actions today screamed abuse and I do not consider the term is being thrown around lightly. 


Thanks for this. People assume abusing your partner is just hitting them, but not giving them food, kicking them out of the house at night, using physical force, restricting their freedoms via confinement and taking away their phone so they can't contact anyone for help, and verbally abusing are all behaviours that have been linked to cases of abuse/ domestic abuse. Other than hitting his wife, virat has displayed every other common behaviour of a domestic abuser, so nobody is just using the word abuse or domestic abuse etc casually here for virat. 

Posted: 2 days ago
Originally posted by Kumuda-123


Just want to put my points for the comments where virat's uncalled behavior is being compared with sai's. 

Yes sai too made people do certain things which they don't want to do. But it can't & can never compared with virat's actions. 

1)Forcing Trimurti to attend her college function. Sai was so wrong in forcing them. But in order to make them do what she wants she didn't hurt them by manhandling, denying food or locking them in room. She played stupid & impulsive prank which would have costed only HER. Even while doing such stupid act, she was guilty throughout the day & genuinely apologised them. And the result of her prank only ended in trimurti enjoying her college function thoroughly. No one got hurted here because of sai's zid. 

2) Cancelling virat's transfer. 

Sai decided to cancel virat's transfer only when he indirectly blamed her infront of everyone by saying she would be happy without him. She knows that he is taking tranfer for personal reasons not for work. She didn't wanted virat to go away from family because of her. And her zid of getting virat tranfer cancelled ended up in virat reconciliation with his brother for which virat desperately waited for many days. Again no one got hurt because of sai's zid. 

3) Eloping devi tai without taking permission from her legal guardian.

I don't even feel the need to explain this. Everyone knows about devi tai's so called gurdian actions. And how the gurdian & her chamchas treated her for many years. So🤷.

In all these incidents the reason behind sai's zid is others happiness. Be it trimurti enjoying her function, virat celebrating festival with his family, devi getting a happy life. She never made other do things to satisfy her ego like virat. And she was completely guilty while doing all these unlike virat who took pride in manhandling a girl, locking his wife, throwing women at midnight & denying food. 

Don't understand where the comparison even comes. There is so much difference between impulsiveness & inhumanity. Both can never be compared. 


Great post smiley32 So true that the things sai and virat have both done are incomparable as sai's actions don;t cause harm and neither does she ever intend to do so when she does anything.... which is the complete opposite to virat's actions and intentions when he has done things to sai especially. 


Also can everyone plz stop referring to kaku as tai's legal guardian plz, because she wasn't her 'legal' guardian to begin with at all, she had merely used her right as a mother to think she can confine, drug and control her adult daughter and her entire life. There's nothing legal about what kaku did to tai and neither did she seek any legal routes at any point of time to be able to keep her adult daughter under her so-called care and custody/ confinement. 

Posted: 2 days ago

Originally posted by sammy17



Thanks for this. People assume abusing your partner is just hitting them, but not giving them food, kicking them out of the house at night, using physical force, restricting their freedoms via confinement and taking away their phone so they can't contact anyone for help, and verbally abusing are all behaviours that have been linked to cases of abuse/ domestic abuse. Other than hitting his wife, virat has displayed every other common behaviour of a domestic abuser, so nobody is just using the word abuse or domestic abuse etc casually here for virat. 


People fail to understand that no one has right to treat anyone else like this. Thats where Indian education system fails us, and entertainment industry as well.


in US, if a child is punished like this and the child complains in school, teacher/ board can even called child protection services to investigate/ advice the parents.


Here its about a spouse, like Msin said, even after considerable amount of time, him not cooling down and realizing his folly, even after Shivani saying its not a jail and she is not a criminal for you to treat her like this, he did not understand where he went wrong and to go up immediately and let her out. These are not called grays/ flaws. The entire family incl Shivani by not forcing Virat to open the door is equivalent injustice to Sai.


There is no need to compare it with Sai's past, present or future behavior coz it is irrelevant to how Virat is behaving.  Reaction to someone else action cannot be a crime that is punishable under IPC which an IPS officer should be aware of.


Both movies and Televison needs to show wrong as wrong, instead of justifying it or make people believe it is an acceptable behavior in response to how a girl or guy behaves.

Posted: 2 days ago
Originally posted by sammy17



Great post smiley32 So true that the things sai and virat have both done are incomparable as sai's actions don;t cause harm and neither does she ever intend to do so when she does anything.... which is the complete opposite to virat's actions and intentions when he has done things to sai especially. 


Also can everyone plz stop referring to kaku as tai's legal guardian plz, because she wasn't her 'legal' guardian to begin with at all, she had merely used her right as a mother to think she can confine, drug and control her adult daughter and her entire life. There's nothing legal about what kaku did to tai and neither did she seek any legal routes at any point of time to be able to keep her adult daughter under her so-called care and custody/ confinement. 


@Bold: I agree with you. A lot of people also seem to forget that Virat himself had said to Sai that Devi Tai is an adult and can decided to get married if she so chooses without anyone's permission, as he himself did not ask for permission. The other thing we forget is that Devi was already married to Pulkit, so Sai was not kidnapping her and marrying someone who lacks mental capacity, Devi was already married and Kaku had taken her away and isolated her from her husband. 

Posted: 2 days ago
Originally posted by Tiptione



@Bold: I agree with you. A lot of people also seem to forget that Virat himself had said to Sai that Devi Tai is an adult and can decided to get married if she so chooses without anyone's permission, as he himself did not ask for permission. The other thing we forget is that Devi was already married to Pulkit, so Sai was not kidnapping her and marrying someone who lacks mental capacity, Devi was already married and Kaku had taken her away and isolated her from her husband. 


Yep! Kaku is a criminal but people are forgetting the things kaku has done to tai as well as the facts you just mentioned and are referring to kaku as her legal guardian. Devi tai has no legal guardian. She was nothing more than a adult being held captive by her mother and uncles who stole her away from her husband, stole her baby from her, drugged her to keep her in their control. And kaku thought she had a right to do all that to her married adult daughter just because she is devi tai's mother. Pulkit as devi tai's husband has more right on devi than kaku. 

Edited by sammy17 - 2 days ago

Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin 


Related Topics

doc-text Topics pencil Author stackexchange Replies eye Views clock Last Post Reply
Today’s SaiRat filled episode

pencil Ay3_smitten   stackexchange 1   eye 819

Ay3_smitten 1 819 3 days ago Devikadish
It's futile to ship sairat after today's episode

pencil ratna.nanda   stackexchange 6   eye 867

ratna.nanda 6 867 4 days ago -Yaz-
Ghum CVs would ruin this beautiful episode too!

pencil BBFanForever   stackexchange 36   eye 2454

BBFanForever 36 2454 4 days ago Dee10
Where is the episode?

pencil ShipIsSailing   stackexchange 0   eye 350

ShipIsSailing 0 350 10 days ago ShipIsSailing
SAIRAT in today episode.

pencil Kumuda-123   stackexchange 59   eye 3224

Kumuda-123 59 3224 14 days ago laksh

Topic Info

23 Participants 88 Replies 5463Views

Topic started by msin

Last replied by 404_NotFound

loader
loader
up-open TOP