Leila - web series

Stella_001 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

I just binge watched the entire series and it was so good !! huma Qureshi once again gave an amazing performance and so did Siddharth 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Hindu-phobic piece of trash. If anything like that was made keeping an Islamic State in mind, then all the "liberal" and "tolerant" critics would rip their heads off screaming "Islamophobia". 

YoursTrulyOne thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

It's on my watchlist for months

Stella_001 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mahisa_22

Hindu-phobic piece of trash. If anything like that was made keeping an Islamic State in mind, then all the "liberal" and "tolerant" critics would rip their heads off screaming "Islamophobia". 

Hindu phobic ? Or more like showing the reality of what can happen if we keep electing fascist government . You can’t possibly tell me some of the things shown in it are already happening 

Stella_001 thumbnail

Originally posted by: YoursTrulyOne

It's on my watchlist for months

You should go for it , it’s amazing

Mahisa_22 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Stella_001

Hindu phobic ? Or more like showing the reality of what can happen if we keep electing fascist government . You can’t possibly tell me some of the things shown in it are already happening 

Yeah they compare Hindus to Nazis in the series. Don't tell me critics wouldn't have raised a shitstorm about "Islamophobia" if an Islamic country was depicted in this manner. 

Stella_001 thumbnail

Yeah they compare Hindus to Nazis in the series. Don't tell me critics wouldn't have raised a shitstorm about "Islamophobia" if an Islamic country was depicted in this manner. 

well there are few Hindu politicians who are like fascists and extremists so they aren’t that far off and there are so many movies where Islamic countries are showed in bad light and no one has said a word ..

Mahisa_22 thumbnail

well there are few Hindu politicians who are like fascists and extremists so they aren’t that far off and there are so many movies where Islamic countries are showed in bad light and no one has said a word ..

But to show that they can have absolute power in a democratic country like India, is outright hateful. They are fringe elements whom nobody takes seriously save a few online trolls and paid IT cell bigots. 

Especially when you consider that there are literally Islamic countries where other religions are prohibited and women still get stoned to death. Leila might hit toooooo close to home if made on an Islamic country, don't you think? 

Stella_001 thumbnail

But to show that they can have absolute power in a democratic country like India, is outright hateful. They are fringe elements whom nobody takes seriously save a few online trolls and paid IT cell bigots. 

Especially when you consider that there are literally Islamic countries where other religions are prohibited and women still get stoned to death. Leila might hit toooooo close to home if made on an Islamic country, don't you think? 

Pls it’s not just it cells and online bigots . Activists and reporters are being sent to jail for speaking up against govt , don’t you rem CAA NRC protests where students were treated like terrorists , the way they are treating farmers , the way they tried to cover up hatharas case just cos girl was Dalit and so on .. and yes as Mahua said there r signs of fascism seen in our country 

dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

I've watched halfway through and I think it's definitely a decent take on what can happen with the rise of right-wing governments. @bold; fascism is on the rise globally and you're right about the implications. In every other state/country/nation where minorities are targeted, this is already their reality! 

Overall, so far I am finding it very engaging! It's directed pretty well and the acting is great!