Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mickymouse21 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: SK2014

Yes. If at all they sing I wish they sing Tu hi re from Bombay. I love that song and want to hear from these 2. Not sure if someone sung it already on II12. 

Arunita sang it already in AR Rahman special episode

SK2014 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mickymouse21

Arunita sang it already in AR Rahman special episode

Yes. But it was solo that time right. Wanted to hear it as a duet. 

cosmos2024 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Yeah. Things are pretty depressing. I have never seen any show announcing finalists well before and still continue to keep other singers on show and demoralize them to this extent. They got lucky this time with TRPs due to covid. But I don't think they can get their image back in near future. 

I am not a connoisseur of Carnatic music, saw this on youtube , if she has been named after a raag then she should be shown singing classical songs more often or at least songs based on ragas....JMO

The performance is enjoyable by Aruna Sairam.

Amazing Carnatic Music | Raga Shanmukhapriya | Aruna Sairam | Music of India - YouTube

cosmos2024 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Yes. If at all they sing I wish they sing Tu hi re from Bombay. I love that song and want to hear from these 2. Not sure if someone sung it already on II12. 

You'll overburden Nihal with over expectations, it's a very difficult song require a very strong classical base the only person who has been successful with this version has been Soumya Chakraborty II10 and he was fabulous as a classical singer unfortunately a victim of politics .

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I would like them to sing Tum se milkar from Parinda 👍

mickymouse21 thumbnail

Originally posted by: anoushka_113

I would like them to sing Tum se milkar from Parinda 👍

What about wada karo nahi chhodoge tum mera saath from aa gale lag ja 😳

https://youtu.be/AL2YnJsE70w

Edited by mickymouse21 - 2 years ago
SK2014 thumbnail

Originally posted by: cosmos2021

I am not a connoisseur of Carnatic music, saw this on youtube , if she has been named after a raag then she should be shown singing classical songs more often or at least songs based on ragas....JMO

The performance is enjoyable by Aruna Sairam.

Amazing Carnatic Music | Raga Shanmukhapriya | Aruna Sairam | Music of India - YouTube

I saw this before. I like it quite a lot. Would have loved SMP attempting it. Finally SMP is showing her classical proficiency now a days. If possible see her yesterday performance. It's a carnatic-western fusion, the raagas coming out of SMP voice are divine and pitch perfect(iam not saying this as a fan. Any musicians who listen it with unbiased mind will get it). Especially Jugalbandi at end was mindblowing. I hope she comes up with more of that. But as usual these guys are playing sidelining tricks so watch the tv version on YouTube not on sonyliv.

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mickymouse21

What about wada karo nahi chhodoge tum mera saath from aa gale lag ja 😳

https://youtu.be/AL2YnJsE70w

And they will rock these too

Baahon ki darmiyan

Tum mile dil khile ( was this sung in this season?.) 

Jadu hai nasha hai

Yeh vada raha ( was this also sung already? Sayli?  I forgot)

Mein tenu samjhaavan

Edited by anoushka_113 - 2 years ago
altgr thumbnail

Originally posted by: anoushka_113

And they will rock these too

Baahon ki darmiyan

Tum mile dil khile ( was this sung in this season?.) 

Jadu hai nasha hai

Yeh vada raha ( was this also sung already? Sayli?  I forgot)

Mein tenu samjhaavan

https://youtu.be/q15z5jvaV8U

https://youtu.be/4iiEYTHBZJs

SK2014 thumbnail

Originally posted by: cosmos2021

You'll overburden Nihal with over expectations, it's a very difficult song require a very strong classical base the only person who has been successful with this version has been Soumya Chakraborty II10 and he was fabulous as a classical singer unfortunately a victim of politics .

I agree. It's not easy but on II12 if Nachiket would have been there I guess he can nail it. Similar to Sowmya another victim of politics. Nihal I purely asked for as I like the feel he gets from his voice and this song will challenge him technically. 

Anyway I don't think this duet pair is possible at all on II for any song. They can't think beyond Pawandeep/Arunitha pair. We are almost near final so it may be solos all the time now.

Edited by SK2014 - 2 years ago