Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: AwaamKiJaan

I doubt mainstream Bollywood actors would've agreed to play this role. They have big egos to play anything other than the central character in a movie. 

I disagree coz the way they go bananas for anything related to Hollywood that too Marvel is laughable, imagine likes of Tiger & Varun were claiming to be all grateful and proud about being part of MCU coz they dubbed (read ruined) hindi version of Captain America & Spiderman in Civil war & Homecoming respectively lol. 

Waise wasn't Aloo seen lurking around in LA during casting rumours of Eternals or was it Ms Marvel?! 

Haegeum thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: CLOBBER

I disagree coz the way they go bananas for anything related to Hollywood that too Marvel is laughable, imagine likes of Tiger & Varun were claiming to be all grateful and proud about being part of MCU coz they dubbed (read ruined) hindi version of Captain America & Spiderman in Civil war & Homecoming respectively lol. 

Waise wasn't Aloo seen lurking around in LA during casting rumours of Eternals or was it Ms Marvel?! 

Ms Marvel 

Equine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

After Uri and Pulwama attack, Indians were against Pakistani artists to work in India. Thats why Fawad and Imran's scenes were shortened in ADHM and Ayeza and Danish did not work in an Imtiaz Ali film and Veere Di Wedding respectively.

India broke ties for very obvious reasons and its not a situation on which a simple solution can be obtained.

But abroad, we look the same, have similar cultures (barring the majority religion and festivals) so what's the problem in a Pakistani portraying an Indian or vice versa? This is Hollywood, and as long as an actor looks and fits the part, it doesn't matter.

But yes, I would have preferred to see a better suited Indian actor play that role, one who would seem more 'Bollywood'y. That would be better representation and more accurate. Hrithik would have definitely nailed the role.

Till the time we don't have an actual Indian (Hindu, given the majority faith of the population) superhero in the MCU, we'll wait and watch. And I specify Hindu because we are getting Kamala Khan aka Miss Marvel already.

Marvel will not screw around with the Indian market, they've already witnessed the craze first hand when Chris Hemsworth filed in Ahmedabad and the Russos came for Endgame promos.

Wow..... So now it has to be a "hindu" name for it to be considered an Indian??? How narrow minded. Muslims and Christians are not Indians then?? Why shoukd BW follow our racist representations 

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Equine

Wow..... So now it has to be a "hindu" name for it to be considered an Indian??? How narrow minded. Muslims and Christians are not Indians then?? Why shoukd BW follow our racist representations 

Excuse me? It does not make me narrow minded, it means I wish for a certain type of representation. Hindus are mainly Indian or having Indian descent, unlike other faiths.

Almost every MCU character is a Christian, Kamala Khan is a Muslim, so is it wrong to wish for a Hindu representation? Dr. Strange had various Hindu spiritual concepts which were fun and interesting to watch on screen, so why is it wrong to see someone from that particular background in a superhero film series? 

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/9ad7z7/doctor_strange_and_its_resemblance_to_ancient/

https://www.fandom.com/articles/doctor-strange-magical-mystical-roots-hindu-mythology

And fyi if I were racist I would have cancelled my subscription after Miss Marvel was announced.

Equine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Excuse me? It does not make me narrow minded, it means I wish for a certain type of representation. Hindus are mainly Indian or having Indian descent, unlike other faiths.

Almost every MCU character is a Christian, Kamala Khan is a Muslim, so is it wrong to wish for a Hindu representation? Dr. Strange had various Hindu spiritual concepts which were fun and interesting to watch on screen, so why is it wrong to see someone from that particular background in a superhero film series? 

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/9ad7z7/doctor_strange_and_its_resemblance_to_ancient/

https://www.fandom.com/articles/doctor-strange-magical-mystical-roots-hindu-mythology

And fyi if I were racist I would have cancelled my subscription after Miss Marvel was announced.

What Christian??? I have never seen any of them representing any religion in MCU. They are all represented as non-religious. If the Hollywood is not bothered about representing their majority religion, i.e., Christianity , in their movies, then  they shoukdnt even bother about this hindu-muslim nonsense at all.

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

What Christian??? I have never seen any of them representing any religion in MCU. They are all represented as non-religious. If the Hollywood is not bothered about representing their majority religion, i.e., Christianity , in their movies, then  they shoukdnt even bother about this hindu-muslim nonsense at all.

I didn't get you. What's so wrong with wishing for Hindu representation in the MCU universe? 

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

After Uri and Pulwama attack, Indians were against Pakistani artists to work in India. Thats why Fawad and Imran's scenes were shortened in ADHM and Ayeza and Danish did not work in an Imtiaz Ali film and Veere Di Wedding respectively.

India broke ties for very obvious reasons and its not a situation on which a simple solution can be obtained.

But abroad, we look the same, have similar cultures (barring the majority religion and festivals) so what's the problem in a Pakistani portraying an Indian or vice versa? This is Hollywood, and as long as an actor looks and fits the part, it doesn't matter.

But yes, I would have preferred to see a better suited Indian actor play that role, one who would seem more 'Bollywood'y. That would be better representation and more accurate. Hrithik would have definitely nailed the role.

Till the time we don't have an actual Indian (Hindu, given the majority faith of the population) superhero in the MCU, we'll wait and watch. And I specify Hindu because we are getting Kamala Khan aka Miss Marvel already.

Marvel will not screw around with the Indian market, they've already witnessed the craze first hand when Chris Hemsworth filed in Ahmedabad and the Russos came for Endgame promos.

So Eternals ain't going to release in India?

It would release. Indians would pay to watch the film and it would benefit a Pakistani actor. The same Pakistani actor who would pay taxes to the Pakistani government and that government would fund terrorists to do attacks on India. 

That's why we shouldn't watch Pakistani artists in any way. 

Indians and Pakistanis looked and sounded the same even in Bollywood. That's not the point.

Because things are clearly not fine between the two nations and we shouldn't act like it is. 

Originally posted by: CLOBBER

Dubbing is different. While working in the MCU may be tempting for these Bollywood actors, they don't like anything other than being the center of attention anywhere. 

Ms Marvel is different because she's getting her own show. Apart from that, Marvel makes actors sign contracts to make them work in the MCU for years. Bollywood actors can't handle so much professionalism. They do every movie based on how it is going to further their career. 

Only two characters Captain America and Daredevil (if you consider Netflix shows Canon) are shown believing in the Christian God. 

Ms Marvel most probably would show Kamala Khan as a staunch believer in Islam.

Edited by AwaamKiJaan - 2 years ago
Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

After uri n other attacks , Indian actor must represent n play Indian role in holly 

NoraSM thumbnail

If he is a good actor, I guess that's the only thing which counts