Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

Doubt it

Marvel content is not consumed by people who would throw fits over India-Pakistan. There might be minor hue cry - a middling twitter trend. But thats about it

came to say just that!

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Lulzbolly

I feel in hollywood, pakistanti characters should be played by pakistani origin folks and Indian characters by Indian origin folks. Case closed. 

Case reopened

Why stop there? Characters from Delhi should be played by Delhiites and characters from Chandini Chowk area should be played by people from Chandini Chowk. 

Who cares about things like acting and talent in movies and shows? Focus should be on regionalism

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

I am asking your opinion, not some anecdotal reference or opinions of "most people"

Because there are quite a few instances of Indians playing Pakistani roles as well.

You want my opinion?

Okay, Pakistani actors shouldn't play Indians in movies which are going to release in India. 

Same question friend - Who are these most people? Where do we find them? 

Check out this thread. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/BollyBlindsNGossip/comments/dms9x8/suhana_khan_auditioned_for_marvels_kamala_khan/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=comments_view_all

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: AwaamKiJaan

All your examples are from movies which released before Uri and Pulwama attack, and tensions arose between both the nations to make India ban the Pakistani artists. 

A more recent example would be Katrina playing an ISI agent in Tiger Zinda Hai. But she's actually a Britisher by Nationality so not valid. Still there were other Indian actors in the movie who played ISI agents. 

Anyway, Indians playing Pakistani in movies is not the same as Pakistani playing Indian in a movie because it's India who tried to break ties, with Pakistan by banning Pakistani artists in India and not releasing Indian movies in Pakistan. 

After Uri and Pulwama attack, Indians were against Pakistani artists to work in India. Thats why Fawad and Imran's scenes were shortened in ADHM and Ayeza and Danish did not work in an Imtiaz Ali film and Veere Di Wedding respectively.

India broke ties for very obvious reasons and its not a situation on which a simple solution can be obtained.

But abroad, we look the same, have similar cultures (barring the majority religion and festivals) so what's the problem in a Pakistani portraying an Indian or vice versa? This is Hollywood, and as long as an actor looks and fits the part, it doesn't matter.

But yes, I would have preferred to see a better suited Indian actor play that role, one who would seem more 'Bollywood'y. That would be better representation and more accurate. Hrithik would have definitely nailed the role.

Till the time we don't have an actual Indian (Hindu, given the majority faith of the population) superhero in the MCU, we'll wait and watch. And I specify Hindu because we are getting Kamala Khan aka Miss Marvel already.

Marvel will not screw around with the Indian market, they've already witnessed the craze first hand when Chris Hemsworth filed in Ahmedabad and the Russos came for Endgame promos.

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: AwaamKiJaan

You want my opinion?

Okay, Pakistani actors shouldn't play Indians in movies which are going to release in India. 

Why not?

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Isnt India  over the China boycott? I see people back on tiktok

As per the Pak boycott im sure some extremists will not watch. But thats ok it wonโ€™t really make a difference 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Hollywood isnโ€™t concerned with India and Pakistan relationship ๐Ÿ˜†

Stella_001 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Case reopened

Why stop there? Characters from Delhi should be played by Delhiites and characters from Chandini Chowk area should be played by people from Chandini Chowk. 

Who cares about things like acting and talent in movies and shows? Focus should be on regionalism

well the way things are going people will be offended by a delhite playing the role of mumbaikar ๐Ÿ˜†

VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I am just glad that this thread can't be dumped in Hollywood forum, take that m's๐Ÿ˜Ž

Btw Harish Patel is apparently playing Pakistani agent in the film? There was some vague article about it not sure. 

ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

The trailer looked like shit to me and also wtf are those costumes?!