Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

It sounds like another movie with stereotypes about South Asians but I don't get why it's controversial according to you? A 'Bollywood' wedding is not an exclusively Indian thing. Pakistanis Bangladeshis and all kinds of people have those. Secondly why does Kumail's nationality matter at all? Pakistanis can play Indian characters and they have.  If Indians did not have a problem with Priety Zinta playing a Pakistani woman in Veer Zaara or with  Aishwarya Rai playing a Latina in Pink Panther or with Nafisa Ali playing a white woman in Junoon ,they might as well STFU and act like sane human beings with this one.  

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Stella_001

they are actors , artists . people should spare them from this india vs pakistan bs .. 

anyways I am excited for eternals smiley27

phase 4 of marvel has been so good so far 

There was a boycott of South Africa and all it's products/artists/sportsmen when it was an apartheid state. Many people call for the cultural boycott of Israel over it's war crimes. 

So why the hue and cry when people raise objections over artists from Pakistan? It's shocking and a little disturbing. 

Edited by Mahisa_22 - 3 years ago
PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

They should have casted Hrithik or Shahid who can act, dance and look good . Kumail looks worse with the steroids 

I doubt mainstream Bollywood actors would've agreed to play this role. They have big egos to play anything other than the central character in a movie. 

PangaNaLe thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

Are you saying Pakistani actors shouldn't do Indian roles?

If Indians aren't allowed to play Pakistani roles in the MCU then it's only fair right? 

Most people didn't want an Indian actress to play the role of Kamala Khan because she's Pakistani and her nationality is a big part of her story. 

PangaNaLe thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

Preity Zinta played Zaara in Veer-Zaara.

Abhay Deol played Bilal Ahmed in Happy BHaag Jayegi.

Sushant Singh Rajput played Sarfaraz in PK.

These are all Indians who played Pakistanis on screen, so why would it be any problem?

My only qualm is that Marvel did not stick to the original storyline and seems to be diversifying for the sake of it. And also, there are a bunch of Indian actors who would suit the role much more than Kumail. Even Pakistan has some incredibly handsome and talented men who could've played this role.

All your examples are from movies which released before Uri and Pulwama attack, and tensions arose between both the nations to make India ban the Pakistani artists. 

A more recent example would be Katrina playing an ISI agent in Tiger Zinda Hai. But she's actually a Britisher by Nationality so not valid. Still there were other Indian actors in the movie who played ISI agents. 

Anyway, Indians playing Pakistani in movies is not the same as Pakistani playing Indian in a movie because it's India who tried to break ties, with Pakistan by banning Pakistani artists in India and not releasing Indian movies in Pakistan. 

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AwaamKiJaan

If Indians aren't allowed to play Pakistani roles in the MCU then it's only fair right? 

Most people didn't want an Indian actress to play the role of Kamala Khan because she's Pakistani and her nationality is a big part of her story. 

Who are these most people? 

Most people do not care about Kamala khan. 

Most of the people who do care about Kamala khan and her upcoming show, likely do not care about the India Pakistan feud. 

The small group that is protesting this is a minority at best, and most probably fringe 

PangaNaLe thumbnail

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

Who are these most people? 

Most people do not care about Kamala khan. 

Most of the people who do care about Kamala khan and her upcoming show, likely do not care about the India Pakistan feud. 

The small group that is protesting this is a minority at best, and most probably fringe 

I suggested names of Zaira Wasim and Tara Sutaria for the role and most people denied it giving one reason that they aren't Pakistani, and it could create outrage from Indians if an Indian actress plays this role. 

Lulzbolly thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I feel in hollywood, pakistanti characters should be played by pakistani origin folks and Indian characters by Indian origin folks. Case closed. 

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

I am asking your opinion, not some anecdotal reference or opinions of "most people"

Because there are quite a few instances of Indians playing Pakistani roles as well.

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I suggested names of Zaira Wasim and Tara Sutaria for the role and most people denied it giving one reason that they aren't Pakistani, and it could create outrage from Indians if an Indian actress plays this role. 

Same question friend - Who are these most people? Where do we find them?