Posted: 2 years ago

Premise:

IPS Virat Chavan approached the marriage hall where Sai was getting his Tai married to Pulkit Deshpande. He was able to track down the location as a police officer and brought a small team with him also. He never imagined he would be using his power to deal with a domestic issue which he could have otherwise solved easily as a brother and a husband...if only...he thought. He was agitated, disappointed and broken about how things turned on this auspicious day of Holi. He himself is not sure how he should handle the situation the right way. Thats when he remembered Officer Kamal Joshi's words from his training. "Do not mix your emotions with your duty.". With that intent he stepped into the marriage hall. 

Marriage Mandap

Virat stepped into the marriage hall when the bride, his beloved sister was completing the last phera with her new-old husband Pulkit Deshpande. She looked happy and joyful. Pulkit too was happy and appeared confident. At the back, standing as a pillar of support was his wife, dressed simply but adorned with courage and confidence. Virat could not help himself but get lost for a moment in this unique woman called Sai Joshi!

"What's going on here?", Virat interrupted the proceedings with a thundering voice.

"Virat Sir,", ran Sai towards her husband obviously in a hurry to stop him from coming forward. 

"You stay there Sai Joshi", Spoke Virat angrily stopping her from getting any closer to him. 

He asked his team to wait outside as this is his personal matter and he will call them if anything unwarranted happens. The team agreed to him and stayed away. He moved closer to her and spoke calmly.

"Sai, you are the daughter of a police man right? dont you know that eloping a mentally unstable woman and getting her married against the consent of her family could be a chargable crime?", Virat spoke to her as if speaking to someone in his team. 

Sai looked at him wide eyed. Then composed herself. 

"Yes, Virat Sir. I know. I also know, thanks you reminded me few days back that both Pulkit Sir and Devi Tai are majors and they can decide on their marriage. That they have been married earlier and I have proofs for their first marriage.", asserted Sai. 

"I have proofs that this man Pulkit could be a fraud who has already married some other person named Sangeetha", fired back Virat. "And I promised you as a 'husband' that I will look into the matter again after Holi", now anger brimming in his face that brought a flinch in Sai's face. 

"But, the situations changed in last few days Virat sir. I had to do this because....", Sai trailed off from uttering the truth that she thinks might shatter him. 

"What changed...nothing changed Sai. Neither you nor your behavior. You acted in a way that not only disappointed me but also not allow me to forgive you this time/.", Said Virat now holding back his tears. 

Sai stood there not knowing how to answer him back. She clearly saw what appears to be pain in her husband's eyes. 

Virat moved forward to Pulkit swifly in full swag as a police officer that Pulkit had a momentary panic attack. When Virat came closer to him, he said in a shaky voice, "Virr..aat, please listen to me". 

"You..", Virat pointing his index finger at Pulkit's forehead as if pointing a gun. "How dare you. Being a reputed doctor and a professor how could you drag a 19 year old into this mess? Dont you know, if she is convicted due to any reason, her career would be at risk? Dont you know that the girl who shared her family vows to you would be destroyed by the same family if they come to know what she has done? Dont you know that a girl who just lost her family will not have a secure place to live if her entire family turns against her? And finally, dont you know that she is a wife of an IPS officer and if something happens to her or Tai that you will be behind the bars forever regretting you should have never let her into this mess?," Virat growled without a pause, his anger and disgust increasing with each question. 

"Virat, listen to me patiently. I can understand your anger. But believe me I did not marry anyone other than your Tai. I love her truly. And I had to take Sai's help like this because of some situations that I cannot explain to you now. I will provide you all the proofs to show that I have never married anyone else.", trying to calm down virat, though in vain. Sai tried to interrupt, but Virat's angry look asking her to stay where she is stopped her in tracks. 

"Pulkit ji, I will now do my investigation and beware this time around I will do it not only as a police officer but as a brother. And you know well how much we brothers love our Tai. I will get back to you with proofs. Till then, if you have any sense left take care of my wife and my sister. If something happens to them I will not spare you. " warned Virat. 

He then turned to his Tai, who is standing in stupor at the turn of events. He went to her and hugged her. 

"What is this Tai. How could you leave me and come here.", cried Virat. 

"Veeru, Sai was there with me right. I feel like I have you with me when she is there. She is a nice girl. Dont be angry on her. I wanted to marry Pulkit. You know him na, he is a nice guy Veeru.", pacified Devi, softly patting his head.

Virat got back to senses and told her sister, "Tai, I am leaving you here for a while. you take care till I come back tomorrow. Stay close to Sai. " He said as if he is leaving his Tai in safe hands. 

He turned and came back to Sai and spoke to her so only she could hear. Now his tears welling up. 

"Sai Joshi, today I feel like a Khilona (toy). A toy which can be used and played with but kept aside when not required. But you did not realize that this 'toy' has a heart.", said Virat looking with reddened eyes directly at his wife. 

"I trusted you. I challenged everyone at home that you will not go against my word. I promised you that I will investigate this matter after holi. Didnt I? I hoped, oh well, I trusted that this time, after all that happened between us after I stopped you from meeting Pulkit the other day, you will atleast consider me as your family. I wanted us to be a team but you wanted to be yourself.", said Virat flying off his hands in disbelief. 

"You keep saying 'this' is a deal right?", questioned Virat moving his index finger between them. "Okay, if that is what you consider it is then let it be your way. I am breaking the deal now, little early. I am sure you can live without my support, now you have scholarship and ofcourse you are brave enough to take your own decisions. You dont need me for anything. As your gaurdian and for the promise I made to your father, I will make sure you are safe and secure in a hostel or any place that you wanted to live 'away' from me. Thanks for taking care of Mohit, Shivani bua and now my sister. You can seen everyone's pain, except mine who only thinks for your wellbeing. But yeah who am I to you. You never even considered me as a friend, let alone husband. Breaking my trust is nothing for you.", Virat ended his monologue, each word ripping him apart and piercing Sai's heart like cold knives. 

"Virat Sir,", Sai spoke, her voice trembling with emotions. "You just listen to your family and assume things for me? Not even once did you ask me why I had to do this? I hid things from you but there is a reason for it. But you dont want to understand it because whatever I do, you think I did because I am immature and egoistic. Have you really understood me or my feelings. Why will you? You just have blind trust on your family and your 'best' friend.", Sai threw the words back at him, especially the last word knowing very well that it would strike her husband the most. 

"Bas, Sai, Bas. Stop it. Otherwise I dont know what I will say. Yes you are immature otherwise you would not have taken this wrong step without informing me. What you did is wrong and I always stand by right. My family or so called best friend or not even you can come between me and the truth. Whatever it is...why does it matter to you whom I listen to when I am just a deal for you.", instigated Virat just to stop her from using 'best' friend again. 

Before Sai could respond back, he gathered himself and said. 

"Sai, enough. I dont have patience to argue with you. I have to first make sure Tai is in safe hands. As a last expectation from you, please take care of her till I get back tomorrow. And for you, I will make arrangements in your hostel so you dont have to deal with me and my family. I am sorry if I have  behaved wrongly with you during holi and caused discomfort. I was high and got carried away. Just remember you can always call me anytime. I will be there for you as a well wisher." he finished in rush without looking into her eyes lest he would be drawn to her again, only be heartbroken at the end. 

"Let me do my duty.", He sighed finally looking at her face drenched in tears, her eyes begging him to listen to her. 

But he was hurt, he was not only fallen and broken in her love but also betrayed by her. He was in no position to seek answers from her. Her behavior was enough testimony for him to know his place in her heart. Virat thought disappointingly and walked back from the marriage. hall. 

Sai gathered all her emotions and feelings for her husband, her rock and her love leaving her now disappointed and defeated by her and cried from behind. 

"Virat Sir. Just sit and think back why I did all this. For whom? and Dont just be a police officer when finding these answers.", cried Sai. 

Virat listened to her but did not turn around. He wants to believe it is all ended!

He asked his team to leave and went back to his house, which will not be his home anymore. 

Note: I wanted Virat to confront Sai with right questions which make Sai think about her promises to Pulkit and her responsibility towards Virat. I also wanted Virat to put himself first and make Sai understand his perspective. Then their heated exchanges always show insecurities so I wanted to use the words that hurt them the most to the point that they will break them down completely and teach them not to use them again!!. Sometimes you have to be broken down completely to be rebuilt again. 

I also wanted Virat to give an earful to Pulkit for his deeds. :P bonus from our side.

Edited by sadiltl - 2 years ago

Very well written but it was heart breaking .😭😭😭😭 I request a follow up after he comes to know the truth . Pretty please , the separation is already hard 🙈 just like didi even I am good at emotionally manipulation 😝

I love each and every dialogue you wrote . I love this side of Virat who can handle situation calmly in the right manner . He conveyed his pain and hurt in the most dignified way . I like that he didn’t hide how hurt he was because of his wife’s decision and breaking the deal was the best part . Unfortunately, for TRP sake we get OTT drama . 

Edited by 404_NotFound - 2 years ago

Originally posted by notaquitter

Very well written but it was heart breaking .😭😭😭😭 I request a follow up after he comes to know the truth . Pretty please , the separation is already hard 🙈 just like didi even I am good at emotionally manipulation 😝

Yes there is a 2nd part but it became too melodramatic in my mind Virat crying again that Sai did this to him. :D

May be I will write about his realization. It did not form in my mind yet.

Originally posted by 404_NotFound

I love each and every dialogue you wrote . I love this side of Virat who can handle situation calmly in the right manner . He conveyed his pain and hurt in the most dignified way . I like that he didn’t hide how hurt he was because of his wife’s decision and breaking the deal was the best part . Unfortunately, for TRP sake we get OTT drama . 

Yes for me they both are in love but not in a marriage. And I like to believe that Virat doesnt want to give up on this marriage but if it the only way for him to make Sai realize what she is doing wrong then I wanted him to take that step and distance her for a while. 

Irrespecitve of Tai's marriage, she should learn to trust her husband, whatever the situations especially when she knows that her husband is a good human being.

Very well written and amazing dialogues.

Virat is correct in this stand and if it goes thus way in the show, I will really like it, rather than OTT drama.

The way Sai behaved was just like how you pointed, treating him like a toy, just like how Kaku or Pakhi did.

She should have been patient, trusting and truthful.

Im speechless amazing each and every line has been beautifully written😍❤

Maybe thats the way Sai will realise her mistake and her love feelings towards Virat.

Virat loves Sai a lot but the separation is much needed for both Sairat to realise there mistake and feelings.

Beautiful love it❤❤❤

Written beautifully ❤. Loved it. Loved how he spoke everything in spasht shabd. Was good to see him sharing his pain this way. I liked how he tried to show her that it was always a deal for "her" and that she could see everyone's happiness but his. 

And also, was good to see him question Pulkit and warning Pulkit. 

This really gave a good peek of what is coming too and you have prepared us to face it 😒 👍.

If his anger came out like this in a reasonable manner it'd be so good. This was pitch perfect. Instead of kicking her out and denying food they should borrow your FF as the screenplay! have him show how hurt he is and Sai should apologize dil seh and learn her lesson. And so should virat-  to not blindly trust his family. And they should all get punished too.

Only thing i disagree with is that he should investigate as a police wala not as a brother. It is only when he is objective as a policeman will he be able to see the truth of the family and the whole situation. 

But please can you also write a sequel where Sairat have a heart to heart conversation and Sai manaofies Virat and Virat eventually forgives her after she really genuinely repents because he also realises how she  was pressurized by everyone and put in a difficult position by pulkit/aai and  her heart is in the right place. And ultimately these things that she does for others in his house is because she considers his family as hers.  And also because he loves her, so he cant stay mad at her forever. 

Originally posted by Nja91

If his anger came out like this in a reasonable manner it'd be so good. This was pitch perfect. Instead of kicking her out and denying food they should borrow your FF as the screenplay! have him show how hurt he is and Sai should apologize dil seh and learn her lesson. And so should virat-  to not blindly trust his family. And they should all get punished too.

Only thing i disagree with is that he should investigate as a police wala not as a brother. It is only when he is objective as a policeman will he be able to see the truth of the family and the whole situation. 

But please can you also write a sequel where Sairat have a heart to heart conversation and Sai manaofies Virat and Virat eventually forgives her after she really genuinely repents because he also realises how she  was pressurized by everyone and put in a difficult position by pulkit/aai and  her heart is in the right place. And ultimately these things that she does for others in his house is because she considers his family as hers.  And also because he loves her, so he cant stay mad at her forever. 

Appreciate the feedback 

yes he will investigate as a police officer but it is personal dhamki to pulkit that he should remember that he is a brother too 😁

yes they both love each other but due to circumstances they developed insecurities. Which is common in any marriage. Virat is more grounded and mature so he understands and accepts this . That’s why he forgives sai also. Sai due to her age and inexperience will have to learn to respect her relationship with her husband. Better teacher for her is virat himself. 

This  is the reason I have showed virat to care of her even when he is angry. He tells pulkit to take care of her and he tells sai too that her safety is his priority but at the same time he tells her that her behavior had upset him. 

Sai knows only love and she believes  that virat will forgive her without any expectations just like her dad. But in marriage it doesn’t work that way. She has to learn there is one more ingredient called trust. 🙂

but yes I could have written it more convincingly to show all this clearly!