Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dhun.laagi thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Life_Is_Dutiful

Initially I was surprised when I saw them promoting this show as a tale of 3 women with 3 different problems. Lol alongwith Amdheer and Vashmay, they were even promoting Bridha as the third jodi of the show but they killed Brij's character way too early though I know he had become more annoying and intolerable. I knew that this is an itv show and they will start focusing on only one jodi and that's what happened. The main problem is the promotional strategy that they used initially. Gul made the same mistake with Ishqbaaz and now this show's makers also made the same one. 

True. BriDha was indeed a swell opportunity to show the contrast between the thought processes of two generations and how despite that, they manage to live together but they changed course and had Brij stay stagnant while the bonding between Radha and Uday Puttarji became stronger with VashMay revelation and he suspected them, post which he asked for forgiveness and then died. They never had a proper track as a couple or as a family. 

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: tellylover202

I guess they planned Bridha story well before. If they wanted to make them an established couple, they would show gradual positivity in Brij's character. Still I think Radha's journey can be an interesting one after the leap.

Hope they do explore her journey and how she finds the freedom to live without barriers now, as promised in promo. 

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

Originally posted by: nautankitadka

True. BriDha was indeed a swell opportunity to show the contrast between the thought processes of two generations and how despite that, they manage to live together but they changed course and had Brij stay stagnant while the bonding between Radha and Uday Puttarji became stronger with VashMay revelation and he suspected them, post which he asked for forgiveness and then died. They never had a proper track as a couple or as a family. 

Brij was a MCP, no doubt about that. He was also very weak not just physically but mentally too that's why he was easily manipulated by Mogar but I still feel him doubting Radha-Uday bonding was out of character. They wanted to show problems faced by married women during those days through the medium of Radha but making him suspect Radha and Uday makes no sense at all. I think cvs had planned to end his role by then that's why they showed such a crappy track. If they had planned to make his role just few months long cameo then they wouldn't have promoted BriDha jodi initially. The scripts of itv shows keep changing and the cvs never deliver what they promise initially to the viewers. Nowadays I see them sidelining even Vashmay jodi. 

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Brij was a MCP, no doubt about that. He was also very weak not just physically but mentally too that's why he was easily manipulated by Mogar but I still feel him doubting Radha-Uday bonding was out of character. They wanted to show problems faced by married women during those days through the medium of Radha but making him suspect Radha and Uday makes no sense at all. I think cvs had planned to end his role by then that's why they showed such a crappy track. If they had planned to make his role just few months long cameo then they wouldn't have promoted BriDha jodi initially. The scripts of itv shows keep changing and the cvs never deliver what they promise initially to the viewers. Nowadays I see them sidelining even Vashmay jodi. 

Yes, there was an opportunity for Radha to subtly teach him and make him a better human being and to be the connection between him and Uday. We still dont know why he did not allow Uday to play hockey, what happened to the mother for them to be so distant and Brij-Radha, apart from comic scenes and some disturbing ones did not really have anything distinct for us to learn. Radha and Uday being suspected for two-three days was okay but him drugging her then trying such weird means to get the truth out instead of just having a straightforward civil talk so that everything would be sorted would have been so much better, even if in an angry outburst not breaking character. Atleast it would all be out in the open. So true, iTV is unpredictable + the race for trps ruins shows. Similar to the Partition they are trying to show onscreen, they partitioned the original ideas and everything and AmDheer was made primary while VashMay, BriDha were pushed into the shadows as convenient and used as lollipops for most of March before being clearly shown that they are now dismissed to becoming second-class citizens. 

Yes, there was an opportunity for Radha to subtly teach him and make him a better human being and to be the connection between him and Uday. We still dont know why he did not allow Uday to play hockey, what happened to the mother for them to be so distant and Brij-Radha, apart from comic scenes and some disturbing ones did not really have anything distinct for us to learn. Radha and Uday being suspected for two-three days was okay but him drugging her then trying such weird means to get the truth out instead of just having a straightforward civil talk so that everything would be sorted would have been so much better, even if in an angry outburst not breaking character. Atleast it would all be out in the open. So true, iTV is unpredictable + the race for trps ruins shows. Similar to the Partition they are trying to show onscreen, they partitioned the original ideas and everything and AmDheer was made primary while VashMay, BriDha were pushed into the shadows as convenient and used as lollipops for most of March before being clearly shown that they are now dismissed to becoming second-class citizens. 

Yup there are lot of questions that will remain unanswered like why was Brij against Uday playing hockey, why was he so hurtful to his own son. BriDha relationship was left unexplored. All I could see was Radha having immense respect for her husband and literally worshipping him because he gave her a new identity, a home and a family whereas Brij was an insecure timid man who needed her only for companionship. There was no love in their relationship obviously because both were strangers when they got married to each other. The cvs could have shown a lot on their relationship, how they build trust and love in each other, how Radha would have taught Brij to value himself and his relationships and Brij would have made her more matured and also how Brij-Radha-Uday relationship develops. The show would have been more different then. 

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Yup there are lot of questions that will remain unanswered like why was Brij against Uday playing hockey, why was he so hurtful to his own son. BriDha relationship was left unexplored. All I could see was Radha having immense respect for her husband and literally worshipping him because he gave her a new identity, a home and a family whereas Brij was an insecure timid man who needed her only for companionship. There was no love in their relationship obviously because both were strangers when they got married to each other. The cvs could have shown a lot on their relationship, how they build trust and love in each other, how Radha would have taught Brij to value himself and his relationships and Brij would have made her more matured and also how Brij-Radha-Uday relationship develops. The show would have been more different then. 

So true, would have helped us understand the pain and struggles of normal women who were binded by ghungat and restrictions, and how they eventually learn to break free from the chains to achieve their own freedom of sorts. Radha-Uday was also an unconventional duo vis-a-vis Brij and Radha where she had to walk a thin line despite being closer in age to the son rather than father and play his mother, while also playing a great wife in the emotional sense too. She would have taught them resilience since she came from an orphaned household and they would have provided her stability that she finally has someone to call her own family. Lost opportunities. 

So true, would have helped us understand the pain and struggles of normal women who were binded by ghungat and restrictions, and how they eventually learn to break free from the chains to achieve their own freedom of sorts. Radha-Uday was also an unconventional duo vis-a-vis Brij and Radha where she had to walk a thin line despite being closer in age to the son rather than father and play his mother, while also playing a great wife in the emotional sense too. She would have taught them resilience since she came from an orphaned household and they would have provided her stability that she finally has someone to call her own family. Lost opportunities. 

Bold- that was the thing cvs had promised in the initial promos when they used to show Radha but failed to deliver their promise. Radha was supposed to raise her voice against those over expectations and pressures that married women face from the society and family but they never showed that. Radha never questioned any kind of injustice done to her. Lot of times Brij abused her, slapped her and threw her out of the house and she tolerated everything silently. She was literally a doormat and over submissive wife. When Brij realized Radha was not the gold coins thief and brought her back into the house, I thought the cvs are finally building the relationship of trust between them but I was so wrong. Later on he went to put even an even more serious allegation against her. Somewhere Radha deserved a better guy than Brij and I hope she gets one who would truly love her.

Edited by Life_Is_Dutiful - 3 years ago
tellylover202 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Bold- that was the thing cvs had promised in the initial promos when they used to show Radha but failed to deliver their promise. Radha was supposed to raise her voice against those over expectations and pressures that married women face from the society and family but they never showed that. Radha never questioned any kind of injustice done to her. Lot of times Brij abused her, slapped her and threw her out of the house and she tolerated everything silently. She was literally a doormat and over submissive wife. When Brij realized Radha was not the gold coins thief and brought her back into the house, I thought the cvs are finally building the relationship of trust between them but I was so wrong. Later on he went to put even an even more serious allegation against her. Somewhere Radha deserved a better guy than Brij and I hope she gets one who would truly love her.

If Radha gets a better life after the leap, that will be the example of true Azaadi, a girl who gets another chance after being in a toxic, abusive relationship.

dhun.laagi thumbnail

I truly hope post leap Radha gets her sense of freedom from bondage and later someone who sees her as she is, rather than what she is expected to be. Bas itna sa khwaab hai CVs, humari mannat puri kardo ❤️