roshnie95 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Please update .... eagerly waiting for the next chapter 

AraBearxo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Hi! 

I've posted the update on Wattpad. 

https://www.wattpad.com/1047085150-77-heartbreaks-humari-adhuri-kahaani-sairat-ff

Please do let me know what you think of the story so far. 

Love, 

Kia

AraBearxo thumbnail
AraBearxo thumbnail

Chapter 11: Galat Fehmi

It didn't take a school principal to tell Reyansh that his Purvi was a ruffian. 

Purvi and Reyansh had woken up early in the morning, debated over if or if not to include Sai in their breakfast date (Sai had refused to wake up), fought over the outfits, and then Purvi snuggled to Bhai and told him about his laptop and the dirty boy at school. 

They had breakfast at the Taj, packed some sandwiches, dessert and other food for Sai Bai, dropped the food at home for Bai and then gone to Purvi school. Reyansh felt like a dad on such days as he watched Purvi grow up and fall in trouble. 

Purvi just sat in her car seat in the back and nibbled on the chocolate croissant and sipped on her chocolate milk. A few minutes later, she FaceTimed her best friend who was prepping to go to sleep and then another friend and then their cousins and family friends. Purvi was a busy baby when she wasn't around her Sai. When Purvi was with Sai, everyone was off-limits. Purvi also micromanaged Sai (all because Sai let her). She dictated who Sai could be friends with, who Sai could talk to and even who Sai contacted over the phone. When Reyansh had chastised Purvi, Sai and Purvi both had gotten upset. 

Purvi had also started to speak a lot around Sai. His Purvi who had to be spoken 10 times before now just yelled back if anyone annoyed her. So it wouldn't be surprising that Purvi punched a boy in school. Reyansh sighed as Purvi took a strawberry croissant next. "Are you stressed, Purvi?" he asked. "Don't worry. Bhai has asked for the security footage. I'm sure it will be fine, okay." 

Purvi just shrugged in response as she looked out of the window, somewhat amazed at the passing buildings. Reyansh had held Purvi in his arms for a whole reassuring her that it would be fine. But Purvi didn't smile. And Reyansh understood her having gone through a similar situation with his Aai when he was young. Reyansh picked up Purvi's backpack and her little self as he carried her to school. 

In the principal's office, he was met with the family of the other boy who Purvi hid from cuddled in Reyansh's arms. They hadn't even entered or taken a seat before the principal started her accusations. It began with how Purvi was too proud of a child, to how she always distanced herself from others to her not having friends to her, to her classmates being terrified of her and her recent temper outburst. The principal said in faux worry that she was worried for Purvi's development and her "home situation". Purvi had grown upset with each statement as Bhai just rubbed her arm in encouragement and pecked her on her forehead as he hugged her closer. Sometimes he reassured Purvi. 

The family of the other party, a young boy from a reputed local family, took the principals lectures in stride. It didn't take a second for the lady, who seemed to be the boy's grandmother to begin gaslighting Purvi and her upbringing. Or to question Reyansh as a person to be raising a child so young. "Aise parivaar ki bacchi hai toh iski upbringing ke barein mein hum kya bol sakte hai?" 

The grandparents, father (who had previously introduced himself as Mohit meekly) and someone who seemed to be the matriarch of the family discussed with the principal about consequences. 

"She needs to be taught discipline and there is still time for that," the matriarch had said. 

"Discipline?" Reyansh had scoffed. "Because pantsing your classmates when they disagree with you, or hitting them when you're mad, or constant gaslighting is what Purvi needs to learn..." Reyansh waved his arms as he continued, "from the likes of you'll."

And then the older lady had started yelling at Reyansh and gaslighting him much to his amusement and Purvi's giggle. Reyansh had smiled at Purvi as he tickled her, when she was about to burst into tears, indicating that he was fine. Mohit had wondered. Itne high voltage situation mein ye log itne chill kyun hai? 

Purvi for once, found it highly amusing, that someone other than her Dadi who was of her Dadi age was yelling at her Bhai. After all, Bhai falling in trouble had always been super funny to Purvi. Reyansh on the other hand felt a bit relieved. He had meant to show Purvi a life lesson. But this had gone way beyond his expectations. These people were heathens. 

It had been a few minutes of the principal trying to make the best of the situation, the two sides angry, Purvi grumpy and the other boy, a Shivam, petulant before Urvashi maasi came in. Urvashi was the siblings' youngest maternal aunt. She was a few years older than Reyansh (five and a half to be specific), in her early thirties, and a blogger-of-sorts. Urvashi maasi made videos for the internet. She was Purvi's OG best best friend at Nanu's house who pampered Purvi rotten, Reyansh's chill maasi, and the laadli of the household. 

It took Purvi a whole five seconds to burst into big fat tears the minute Urvi maasi took her seat beside Reyansh. She had started her sobs in Bhai's arms and then wept in Urvi maasi's arms. She had a tough time being a strong baby. Her Bhai didn't like her crying or being fussy. But Purvi had so many bad days that Bhai just didn't understand. All she told her was — Purvi don't be fussy, Purvi don't be a bad baby, Purvi don't do this, Purvi don't do that — worst of all, he left her crying in a corner whenever she was upset until she 'wore it out'. Purvi didn't like Bhai anymore. He even let the older lady yell at her. 

But Bhai took Purvi in his arms the minute she stopped crying only for her to cry harder. Until he gave her a stern look and said, "Stop being fussy." And, a very stern "No," when she puffed her cheeks. Just like Sai bai says to the neighbours little puppy. Purvi was no puppy. 

Instead, Bhai made her stand on the ground, look him in the eye and sternly asked her, "Is this true Purvi?" before his voice softened and he asked, "Kya hua? Tell me what happened?" 

Purvi lost her grumpiness and mad pout. She knew Bhai was teaching her a lesson. So she sulked. She said, no. Shivam always bullied her. He and the other boys in class pulled her pigtails, scribbled on her books, ate her tiffin and sometimes even threw her down. The little girls found her too different. She had different colour eyes than them, she didn't wear clothes like them, she didn't act or dress like them, and she didn't play with dolls like them. Purvi instead studied. She sat in the corner and solved the math sums Bhai gave her. She tried reading her little science books that Yaya sat outside her class with sometimes. She would sit in the little library corner and read her books. She didn't like playing in the mud, or on the phone, Purvi had to finish all her work so she could play with Sai Bai and Piyali now. 

Of course, Purvi’s Aai and Baba were different then the other kids. Purvi went to two schools. Plus she had other classes. And other friends. Bhai constantly told her that she needed to have limited time for play and focus on work. It was like Purvi didn't play. Purvi just didn't play with kids at school. 

If they spoiled her book, she just took it to the teacher and gave it to her. If they ate her tiffin, she just went to Yaya and told Yaya she was hungry. If they threw her down, she cried the first few times, then if nothing pained, she just stopped crying. Purvi hated being in front of the class and having the class apologise to her. She was small. But she realised, that if she had to grow up and be smart like Sai Bai and Bhai, she had to work hard now. 

Of course, Purvi had fun. Purvi watched her cartoons, Purvi played her games, Purvi had a baby sister in Piyali who she played with, Purvi also had (cousin) brothers and sisters at home and other babies who came to play at Dadi and Nani's house. Purvi just knew that school time was to study. And she finished all her work. And the more Purvi worked, the more time she had to do fun stuff at home. Like, listen to Bhai read her stories, play with Bhai, or even go to work with Bhai. Sometimes, it even meant she could go and play with Bhai friends. That was fun. They dressed her up, played with her and taught her so much stuff. 

It wasn't like Purvi could help the way she was dressed. Aai hated blingy clothes, Baba rarely got Purvi Indian clothes, and Bhai dressed her in the frilliest clothes he could find. Purvi Yaya always fixed her curls. So when Purvi wasn't in her school uniform (which was most days), she was dressed in the fancy designer clothes her Bhai got for her. Her recent obsession being Chanel. But Bhai had told her that she could wear pretty clothes, buy pretty stuff and have everyone around her because everyone in the family worked hard. And one-day Purvi had to work hard so that other babies in the family could have the same life as her. And that other families maybe didn't have the same life as Purvi. But their Aai Baba worked really hard. So Purvi had to be nice to them. And not be mean. And not cause other babies trouble. 

But somewhere down the line, Bhai hadn't told Purvi to speak up. It was only when Purvi saw Bhai get gussa at Sai Bai that she realised that maybe she should not be quiet. And when that dirty boy told Purvi that her baby Sai Bai was not pretty. Purvi got gussa. She had stopped and glared at them. That is what made the other classmates gussa at Purvi. But she got gussa at Shivam. And then it got worse. And Purvi went up to Shivam and told him that her baby was pretty and he was ugly and a bad baby. And that is what started the fight. 

Purvi looked down at her feet as she tried hard to explain to Bhai what had happened. Purvi didn't speak a lot. But she worked hard just like Aai had said. She had focused on her works, and what came next, and tried hard to be calm like Sai Bai when she explained things to Purvi. Bhai was a baby too. 

But Purvi didn't know why Bhai had gotten mad at her. When she looked up, she gulped. Bhai was scary. Only he had softened when he picked her up. Then he hugged her and just pecked her on the head. "You're such a silly baby," he said to her. 

Urvi maasi just shook her head. Why did their family want her to come here again? Urvi, like her elder sister Aastha, didn't have the best reputation in Maharashtra, or India, to be frank. She was known to be the youngest daughter of a very powerful politician and his ruthless wife. Whatever Urvi didn't want, they said, vanished before trace. 

"Waise, in our family, no matter how patriarchal, we don't have the habit of taking decisions based on gender. But rather, based on the situation and seniority. Bado ke mamlon mein bacche nai padhte," she had started. "But I'm sure Reyansh has something planned. It's not like him to sit here calmly and deal with your tamasha. And waise bhi, your family doesn't seem to have the best reputation these days," she whispered, "at least not anytime soon. So I'll let Reyansh continue with his decision," 

"Aisa kuch nai hai Maasu," Reyansh had said. "I just wanted Purvi to realise the situation. And understand that she needs to speak up when she's wronged. It's high time her baby and her learn to speak up. Haina, Purvi?" 

"And waise bhi, I was just waiting for the footage that I have received and the lawyers have checked," Reyansh had continued. 

"But... How can anyone get the security footage of campus?" the principal had uttered flabbergasted. 

"Anyone?" Reyansh had scoffed. "Lagta hai Agnihotri parivaar ka khauf tum logo ke dimag se nikal gaya hai. Aastha Agnihotri se darte ho na. Toh yeh anyone nahi Apurva Sayee Agnihotri-Raizada hai. Agnihotri aur Raizada parivaar ki beti hai aur meri behen. And aaj tak ya isse aage, aisa kuch nai hoga jo meri behen nai kar sakogi."

"And Purvi ko tang karna, usko satana ya uspe haath uthana. Usse chood, kisi bhi bacche pe ye zulm karna. I don't believe any family would or should tolerate that. If you can discipline the child, I'm sure there are several sources out there that can gladly do it for you,"

"Because if a two-year-old can harass a classmate so much and be blindly defended by his family based on gender. Then I fear what his 22-year-old self would do." 

He had then turned to the matriarch, looked her in the eye and coldly said. "As you were saying, this school has three levels of discipline. Yelling at my Purvi right here and now, I think we are way past the discussion. As Purvi's guardians, I'm sure Urvi maasi would agree, I would recommend to escalate this. If it goes to the board, discussion, rustication, ya expulsion. It really doesn't matter to me. But yes, I will be recommending your child for an evaluation and consultation."

"Aage ka, Aai shall see," Reyansh had continued. Before he turned to Urvi maasi with a stern smile indicating that he was done with the situation. 

"Nai, I don't want to be saying anything. Waise bhi, Aastha di told me to escalate the situation too. And if Reyansh didn't agree, ask him to call her. Your Aai would be very shocked that you decided to escalate the situation and not fight with her about ruining a child's future as per regular programming," 

"And anyway, I would love to see how this family defends their son attempts to undress his classmate just because she disagreed with him? Are these the values you preach about Mrs Bhavani Chavan?"

Then Urvashi turned to Purvi, picked her up, held her close and hugged her tightly. Purvi had sulked, fiddled with Urvashi's hair and then broke into sobs. Urvashi had held Purvi closer, rubbed her back and almost softly said, "Purvi had been so terrified of your son that she refused to speak about it. She didn't even complain at home until your reputed principal called home to "teach her a lesson". Teacher my Purvi a lesson? For defending herself?"

"Just a question," Urvashi seethed. "How dare you use your power and influence to threaten my child?" 

"Purvi can't get admissions in this school?" Urvashi repeated the principal's words in a calculative whisper. "It should be a privilege to have someone of Apurva's calibre in your institution. And what? The institution should pick between Purvi and your child."

Urvashi smiled, "It would take a flick of my finger or just a look to ensure no one in your family or extended family would get a job or admissions anywhere on this planet." 

"I'll give you an example," she almost whispered as she held a drowsy Purvi and handed her to Reyansh. He left the room to make sure Purvi fell asleep in an undisturbed environment. 

Urvashi Agnihotri seated herself on the plushiest chair a fellow trustee pulled up for her. She crossed her legs, relaxed her shoulders and tapped on her phone for a while. Then she picked the cup from the table, smelt the aroma her perfect cup of coffee left and sipped the bitter brew. 

"Bhavani Chavan, have you heard of the Joshi's? They used to be quite a powerful family here. Pure blooded, Maratha shaan, who were naive enough to think they could get away with whatever they wanted. Do you hear of them now? Or anything related to them?"

"A little over two decades ago, they had quite the control over the political and government official circle here. Such a proud, aristocratic, old school family that maybe lacked the financial glory. They were much higher placed than your family could ever be. But, do you even hear of them now?" 

"Do you ever wonder why?"

Urvi took a sip of her coffee. "My elder sister was barely 25 years old when she wiped that family off every circle you can imagine. Why? Because they hurt her best friend and soul sister. If Aastha can do that for her best friend, what do you think she'll do to someone who hurt her daughter?"

"Oh, Salunke Saab," Urvi turned to the trustee in the room. "Your detectives were quite useless." She turned her head, "I heard our beloved ACP Kamal Joshi's daughter is quite the visitor in your house."

Urvi seethed, "How stupid could you be to hide the girl my father had a search for right under our nose? My father won't be pleased to hear of this. Were you stupid enough to think we were friends just because my brother is nice to that brother of yours?"

Urvi shuddered. "I can't believe you'll let your brother marry into such a family."

"But your doom aside, I'm quite excited to meet her. I heard she's quite the fiesty case. It's going to be so much fun." 

Urvi smiled a giddy smile, "We could even be friends. Can you imagine that? The Louis Vuitton obsession, Paris trips and girly outings. I could cry!" Urvi clapped her hands. 

Salunke Saab rolled her eyes. "I think she's more of a Chanel person."

Urvi scrunched her face and then looked at Salunke Saab accusingly. 

Salunke Saab shook his head at the petulant child. "I didn't know Sai was the Sayee you were looking for. And not ever Joshi is related to the Joshi's" he sighed. 

Urvi raised her shoulders in oblivion. "But I hate all Joshi's equally." 

"Urvi," Salunke Saab started only to be shut off by a stern look Urvi gave him.

The older man shook his head as he handed her a little packet and ushered the security to let a little girl in. Urvi knelt to match the little girl's height. She then spoke to her in the softest voice she could muster.

"Hi, Little Amna. You're Purvi's best friend, right. I'm Purvi's maasi. Purvi says the nicest things about you. I'm sorry Purvi can't have lunch with you today. She's a bit unwell so we're taking her home today. Purvi got something for you at breakfast today. I'm sure she would have loved to share lunch with you. Here's something for you and your other friends." 

The little girl Amna looked at Urvi with watery eyes which confused Urvi. 

"Would you like to come to play with Purvi today? If you like I could ask your parents if it's okay. You'll could have a sleepover too!" 

"She's too young for a sleepover." Salunke chirped in only to be dismissed by an annoyed Urvi who rebutted in whispers. "I didn't know you had a child I was unaware of, Salunke Saab,"

Amna giggled and quickly covered her mouth which earned a smile from Urvi. 

When Amna left with the classroom caretaker. Urvi handed a small packet to Shivam. "I don't forgive your behaviour. But you're too young to be blamed for it completely. Children learn what they observe from home and enforce such actions outside. Despite everything, I'm sure you're hungry and still have to attend the whole day of class. There were three kids in this room and they deserve fair treatment. Here's a packet for you, Shivam. Don't ruin a beautiful future based on your current actions." 

Shivam looked down at the ground. "Can I come?" 

Urvi took a moment to realise. "I'm not sure," she finally said.

The boy's mother raised her son, who was upset, in her arms. "Why did all that happen to the Joshi family?" She asked. 

Urvi stopped in her tracks, contemplated, and then said, "They killed my sister. ACP Kamal Joshi murdered her in cold blood. And was responsible for the loss of our child." She paused. 

"Apurva," she sighed wistfully. "Her name was Apurva. She was Reyansh's more than Aastha Di ever was. The Joshi family physically assaulted her when she was several months pregnant. She died in childbirth because of what that family did to her."

"You see why our family is so protective of Purvi. Or why Reyansh or my sister won't let this go so easily." 

She turned to Bhavani, "You shouldn't have attacked Purvi in front of him. He may seem calm. But he really isn't. He will raise hell to get what he wants. And you've hit him right where it hurts—Aastha. Reyansh isn't really the forgiving type, either. Neither is my sister. You've basically caused your doom, Bhawini ji." 

With that Urvi walked away. 

A/N Please like & comment and leave your feedback, you guys.

This was more like a story building filler chapter. I will check for errors and update later. I had this chapter pending in file for a very long time. So just thought of updating.

Edited by AraBearxo - 3 years ago
Gurveen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Fantastic update 

When will Sai and Virat meet??

Please update soon 

AraBearxo thumbnail

Hi! 

I've posted the update on Wattpad. 

https://www.wattpad.com/1047085150-77-heartbreaks-humari-adhuri-kahaani-sairat-ff

Please do let me know what you think of the story so far. 

Love, 

Kia

SoIWasSaying thumbnail

I am hoping that update is on the way!!

AraBearxo thumbnail

Originally posted by: MSgayatri

I am hoping that update is on the way!!

Already updated on Wattpad. Will update here when I use the laptop (I get glitches here which becomes a headache). I hope you like it.

SoIWasSaying thumbnail

Originally posted by: AraBearxo

Already updated on Wattpad. Will update here when I use the laptop (I get glitches here which becomes a headache). I hope you like it.

Thank you!! 

I read it at wattapad.... Impatience 🙈🙈🙈 

It was lovely continuation......

Sai finding her own peace and having ppl to call her own who love her unconditionally is sooo needed for her. 

Continue soon!!!