OS: The Ache (The Chavan Khandaan Bahus) *COMPLETE on Pg2*

Posted: 3 years ago

Hi my dear immature friends! đŸ˜ƒ

So I'm posting a short teaser of my OS and I completely understand if you decide to throw some chappals after reading this. 

Yes, as the name suggests the OS is based on the three young Daughter-in-laws of the great shahnav kuli maratha Chavan khaandan. Each focusing on their pain. One's pain different from the other.

P.S. Do comment! I'm open to critism đŸ˜Š

Teaser

Fear of the heavy intensity of her own feelings that she hasn’t been able to comprehend. 

I feel like I am drowning with nobody to pull me out these deep waters.   

Her Husband.

Is he really your husband? 

Are you really his wife? 

She could recall the hurt in his eyes even when her husband tried to hide it with indifference.

She lay in the bed while staring at the back of her husband. 

When did my life turn so meaningless? 

Why do I feel so desolate despite having more than what anyone living under this roof has? 

Okay, honest answers... Are you in for this? 

Full OS coming soon. 

Edited by AK_2010 - 3 years ago

This looks very interesting I am looking forward to it

Intresting plz continue ❀. 

Interesting, looking forward to read it

Do continue!!

Eager to read more đŸ„ș

Nice plot , cont soon 😇

Hello immature forumwasisđŸ€—

So I finally wrote the whole piece because I knew I won't be able to do it once my exams begin. This is slightly different from the show because I don't like PP as she is in the show and Sai and Karishma have their own dilemmas and problems as well. I kind of tried to highlight the toxicity in the relationships oh CN. 

Enough rambling. Happy reading đŸ‘đŸŒ

P.S. Excuse the typos please

Karishma alias Sweety

She stared at the back of her husband and let her mind race through the events of the day. Another aimless day spent in the Chavan household after slogging in the kitchen and listening to mean taunts from the matriarch and now even sleep eludes her.

When did my life turn so meaningless? 

Karishma was used to a cheery and boundless life and after spending the last few months in this house she had started to feel trapped. Not only was she having a tough time gaining acceptance, she was also struggling to make a place in the family without getting squashed between the two older daughter-in-laws. 

One was cold as ice and the other was raging fire. And all she craved was warmth.

Why do I feel so desolate despite having more than what anyone living under this roof has? 

Her mind reeled back to a week ago when a major argument broke out between Sai bhabhi and Kaku that ended with Sai bhabhi, Ashwini Kaku and Virat Dada silencing Kaku and her minion - Patralekha bhabhi.  

All well that ends well. 

Sometimes, Karishma wished she had someone like that for her. Someone who stood by her no matter what. A mother in mother-in-law who loved her to no ends or a husband who fought for her self-respect. Someone. Anyone

She twisted around and blankly stared at the white ceiling over her head. 

When she first came here as a newly wedded bride, she assumed that everyone was rightly upset about their runaway marriage. But her illusion was broken to shreds when she realized this wasn't a fight for acceptance but rather a fight for survival. 

She wasn't great with joint families but she was quick to notice that as dense as the younger brothers were, the roots of their relationship were fragile. Not because they lacked something, but because the older generation played their own games to stick as a united front. 

A pretense. 

That's all it was. 

Everyone pretended to be something they were not and now she has picked up on the very same habit. Karishma had always been a good actress since her school days and now she would act to make a place within this madhouse. 

Why do you want to do it? 

Sweety, this is not what you wanted in your life!? Look what you have reduced yourself to! All you do is taunt and instigate people around you
 This is not you! Since when did you start enjoying another’s plight? 

She knew that she did not have answers to these questions. All she knew was that she had to stay strong and stand firm if she did not wish to be struck aside with no dignity like her Mother-in-law and Father-in-law. She might be angry at them for constantly trying to please that tyrant woman, but she knew they were just trying to stay afloat amidst this mess. 

Patralekha bhabhi had Kaku to support her and Sai bhabhi had Virat Dada and Ashwini Kaku by her side, but who was there for her? Her husband was too busy finding his own footing to help her out and her in-laws were good for nothing. 

Until you do something for yourself, nobody is going to anything for you, Sweety. You can be jealous of the other women in this household for as long as you want
 But that won’t change the fact that you lack the spine to stand up for your dignity. 

The Sweety she once used to be was now lost somewhere between these daily episodes of insults and taunts. All that remains is a shell renamed as Karishma. The shell who could not help but wonder if the man she loves will ever be there for her when she needs him... 

Do you see Sai bhabhi waiting for her husband to come home and protect her? Do you see Ashwini Kaku look up to her husband for support to voice out her opinions? 

Then why do you need others to fight for your self-respect? 

Sai Joshi

When Sai decided that it was time to get some sleep when the needles of the clock said it was thirty past midnight. She turned the table lamp off and sleepily glanced at the bed where her husband was already asleep with a book resting on his chest. 

He did that on most of the nights because he wished to give her company as long she studied. 

However, he nearly always falls asleep before she can get into the bed. 

Not that she minds it. After all, it's the thought that matters.

Sai quietly walked to his side of the bed and carefully pulled the night read out of his grip and placed it on the side table and proceeded to cover him with a blanket and let her eyes linger on his face and admired his peaceful face, something she only recently realized that she has been indulging in frequently. 

Her husband seemed to welcome the warmth because his face twitched with a smile. 

And just like every other time, Sai Joshi experienced that abrupt and rapid cardiac arrhythmia. 

Bappa! 

What's wrong with me? 

Sai quickly moved away and stood deadly still leaning against the dressing table. Her shaky hand rubbed against her chest as she frantically tried to ease the strange feeling in her heart. 

Am I going to die? 

Okay
 That's dramatic! Maybe I'm going to pass out!? 

Her eyes sneaked a look at Virat's sleeping form, then landed on herself through the mirror and suddenly she was reminded of their playful banter from earlier that day when they somehow ended up in an embrace. Sort of.

That was when she realized that her cheeks were tainted red and warm. Her cold fingers are now trying to get rid of the blush. 

The past few weeks had brought similar experiences for the doctor in making. Those little glances and little touches from her husband had her heartbeat racing, her palms cold and clammy. But that wasn't exactly why she was concerned.

No, she was concerned about that slight twisting pain she frequently felt in organ beating in her ribcage whenever she sensed his eyes trailing her movements or every time his fingers touched her in ways that didn't seem so innocent anymore or when his voice turned a few notches down and extremely husky when he teased her. 

Why is this happening? 

Is this all in my head? Or are those stupid novels real? 

Why can't my heart just stick to the physiological functions she read in the textbooks? 

Why does it have to feel all this? 

Bappa! I'm losing my mind here!! 

When Sai had finally calmed down, she lied down facing Virat and soon the calmness was replaced by fear. Fear of the heavy intensity of her own feelings that she hasn’t been able to comprehend. 

I feel like I am drowning with nobody to pull me out these deep waters.   

I am feeling things that I shouldn’t feel for a man who is beyond my reach. We will part ways when I am done with my studies and Virat Sir is the last person I want to get thick with. 

These feelings are going to drown you, Sai Joshi. Get a grip before his empty promises and anfractuous words consume your prudence. 

He has promised himself to her, Sai. Over thinking will only cause migraine, just go sleep and think of how you can top your next exam. 

Chavan khandaan ke mamlo mei phas gayi toh kabhi deal pura nahi kar payegi... 

With that, she placed the final pillow of their Sinhgad fort half heartedly keeping Virat’s sleeping form out of her sight. 

Will you ever be mine, Virat Sir? 

Or will I be able to leave you when the time is up? 

Patralekha alias Pakhi

Pakhi was having another sleepless night.

Thanks to the couple in the room next door who seemed to be having the time of their life lately.

Every time she convinces herself that Virat is still there for her, she feels him slip further away from her. 

Towards Sai, you mean?

Every time she reassures herself that Virat is immune to Sai’s inveigle moves, she is left undone by his actions.

Are you sure it's Sai who is making the moves? Wasn’t it Virat this morning who caressed Sai’s hand when he thought no one was looking? 

Pakhi felt the wetness sliding down her cheek and was surprised to see the tears free flowing from her own eyes. 

What now?

Why are you crying again?

Because you feel lonely? Or is it because you cry yourself to sleep all alone while Sai gets to laugh her guts out with the man you want? 

Her mind went back to the night when she went over to Virat’s room to mend things after yet another quarrel but ended up rooted in her place when she saw Virat tickling Sai mercilessly to cheer her up after the screaming match they had in the living room. 

On the same night, she had cried herself to sleep only to wake up to the family’s new drama revolving around Virat and his wife and watch him standing firm by her side. 

How many times will you have your heart broken? 

What else do you want to see before you believe that Virat is not yours? He was never yours!

Pakhi’s eyes land on the photo frame of the man she married. 

Her Husband.

Is he really your husband? 

Are you really his wife? 

The gut wrenching pain in her heart returns and Pakhi makes a desperate attempt to ease the pressure on her chest. The man she loves is drifting towards another woman and the man who she married has left her alone because of her betrayal. 

What's wrong with you? 

Why can't you keep a man, Pakhi? 

Why can't you stick to your commitments? 

She could recall the hurt in his eyes even when her husband tried to hide it with indifference. She could recall catching a glimpse of anger in those dull eyes the morning he left. 

Had she been honest with him, would things have turned out differently for them? How different would have things been if she had waited for Virat to get back to her? If she had given her decision another thought? 

Will I ever experience the affection Sai is blessed with? Will I ever get the chance to be fortunate like Sai to know what it feels like to be pampered? 

Will I ever have the man I love? 

Fed up with the direction of her thoughts, Pakhi extended her hand and kept the photo frame facing down. Pakhi already felt guilty of marrying him in the pretext of staying close to his brother, but looking at his face while thinking of Virat made her feel like an adulterous wife.

Aren’t you one?

Pinning away for another woman’s man while being married to his older brother. Doesn’t that make you an adulterous wife? 

She just shut her eyes tight and took a few deep breaths to push away those voices in her head. If only keeping your eyes closed could put her self-loathing to rest. 

I can’t believe this is what you have reduced yourself to

You can live in denial for as long as you want, but the others around can see right through your thick skull. They can feel the venom in your words and hatred in your eyes. You blame Sai for taking away the one you love but he was long gone before he even married her. 

Pakhi hugged her pillow tight and let it muffle her cries. 

Finally when her mind was allowed some silence, she sniffed and raised to gulp some water.

He is not going anywhere. 

He promised to stay with me. 

He promised. 

Pakhi exhaled and turned the lights off before falling into the deep abyss of sleep. 

--THE END--

NOTE: DO VOTE AND COMMENT. CRITISM IS WELCOME