|PurVir Drabble Series|Part 14 on Pg 19

Posted: 3 years ago

aryapdane, Potterhead_05 and Srilata.Mineil proudly presents a PurVir Drabble series that you absolutely didn't ask for (but we're still going to give it to you because we love you all πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚) 

The prompt that started this series was :

what if Purvi confesses her love to Vir while he's still hung up on Sakshi

Happy reading. 

Part 1

Her caramel eyes find his and for one long second, he is frozen to the spot. Her lips curve to form a soft smile. A smile that somehow looks resigned. 

"I love you," she says. The words are barely a whisper but he hears them. They burn like vitriol in his ears. 

Virendra shakes his head, stumbles a step back, his heart beating in his mouth. He wishes he'd imagine those words like a fever dream but Purvi doesn't even allow him that comfort as she continues repeating the three words, twisting the knife in his heart. 

"Stop," he croaks. 

"I know that Sakshi Ji... "

Virendra closes his eyes briefly, finding the strength that he needs. "What are you hoping to hear from me? You must give up your madness."

Her eyes widen, as if in shock. "My love isn't a madness."

"It is if you're hoping that I'd return your feelings."

Tears pool in her eyes and for a moment, he wants to take the words back.

"I can only ever love Sakshi."

He doesn't wait for her response as he storms away from her. But he's not sure who he is angry at anymore. At himself or her. 

Index.

Part 2 and 3 on pg1

Part 4 on pg 2

Part 5 on pg 3

Part 6 on pg 4

Part 7 on pg 7

Part 8 on pg 8

Part 9 on pg 9

Part 10 on pg 10

Part 11 on pg 12

Part 12 on pg 13

Part 13 on pg 15

Edited by aryapdane - 3 years ago

Part 2

Originally posted by Potterhead_05

Just a bit of continuation... Pls forgive if bad 

He didn't wait for her response as he stormed away from her. But he's not sure who he is angry at anymore. At himself or her. 

"Just hear me out Mukhi ji", Purvi whispered, but clear enough to be heard.

For Virender the whole place became very quite suddenly, the blood thundering in ears slowing down, his heart thudding painfully, slow and erratic. 

He stopped in his tracks, Purvi's voice pinning him to the spot.

As Purvi came forward,he could feel his anger turning inwards and realised, for the hundredth time maybe as his heart said, that he could sense her presence like never before, that he could feel the rhythm of her payal piercing his heart, that even with his back towards her how he could feel the distance between them decreasing slowly and very painfully, that somehow all his cells could just feel her there and wanted to close the distance as soon as possible.

But he stayed where he was, trying hard to stop his hands from wiping her tears, his knuckles turning white from the pressure.

Purvi managed to wipe off and control her tears, even though her heart felt like a hundred shards of ice had suddenly pierced through. 

"I can only ever love Sakshi." This one sentence made her crumble down, telling her to stop herself but she couldn't. She couldn't see him going away like that, like he was pained to hurt her somehow, like he was trying to understand his own condition and like it was hurting him to hurt her.

"Just hear me out Mukhi ji". With this one thing a bit of her pain eased, to see him stopping when she called out, even though he said he could never feel the same way about her. 

She moved towards him, her heart thundering at the thought of saying something to him, giving out a piece of her heart like this, when it was broken and it felt painful.

Purvi took Vir's hand and turned him around to face her, so gently, as if he was more fragile than she was. 

Her touch felt like electricity zapping thru his veins, like it had always been. He closed his eyes, not wanting to see the pain in her eyes which existed because of his indecision.

"Mukhi ji..."

Vir slowly opened his eyes and nodded to sign that he was listening, not removing his hand from hers.

"Mukhi ji I know that you love only love Sakshi ji... And inspite of all I...I said to you, I respect her...you know that...

I just want to tell you that I don't want any answer from you, you don't need to hurt or stress yourself. I can promise you I will never force you for anything, never ever. I just said what I...I felt for you, just don't... don't doubt that please.

In the end Purvi faltered helplessly, tears leaking down inspite of all her efforts.

This time Vir returned the pressure on her hand and wiped her cheek...

" Manne yeh kabhi bhi manzoor na hoga ki yeh aasu mere wajah se gire...maaf kar de manne...main ...."

Whatever he was going to say was lost in the ruffling of Purvi's dress as she freed her hand and ran away, not being able to stop herself from breaking down.

Vir saw that her kamarbandh fell off when she ran away.

Not able to stop himself, he picked it up and wrapped it around his hand, feeling as if it was the only thing that was keeping him together, even though he didn't want to accept his feelings for her.

❀️

Part 3

Originally posted by aryapdane

This is so brilliant that I'm just scared that I'll let you down by continuing but after reading this, I just can't stop myself. So here it goes. 

Not able to stop himself, he picked it up and wrapped it around his hand, feeling as if it was the only thing that was keeping him together, even though he didn't want to accept his feelings for her.

But they had. His feelings had changed and so had he. And no matter how hard he tried to hide it from the world, there was no way he could deny it to himself. Her tears bothered him. The thought of causing her pain was unacceptable. 

When had she become so important to him? Since when did seeing her tears feel like someone was gutting him? Had it been the moment she had accepted his wild kids with so much love, easing the hurt he hadn't known they were experiencing with her boundless affection? Or had it been the time she had stayed awake for two nights with him without food or water so he could finish Sakshi's painting without complaint? Perhaps it had been the very first moment he had met her. He was being drawn to her like a moth flies to a flame. On an instinct. 

But what did it matter? Virendra's fingers formed a fist, the kamarbandh he had picked up, digging into the flesh of his palm. His caring for Purvi meant nothing. He was in love with Sakshi. Would always be. There would be no one else for him. She was the love of his life. 

And Purvi deserved to be loved like that. With the softness of flower petals and the intensity of a thunderstorm. 

Virendra started moving with slow steps, meandering towards the study while his thoughts remained on the moment that had changed everything between him and Purvi. She had said she loved him. His mind burnt with the memory of her lips forming the word love. 

He ran a hand over his face, not knowing if he wanted to scream in frustration or weep. 

How could she love him? Him, who had misjudged her and punished her for things that were never her fault. Memories of Juhi's birthday flashed before his eyes. He had been an absolute jerk that day. And Purvi loved him.

It won't last, he told himself. I'm the first man in her life. She thinks she loves me but it's nothing but an infatuation. It won't last. It can't last. 

Distance is what she needed. With wooden movements, he dialled the number of Munshiji. 

"Manne Delhi jaana hain.. Ek ghante mein. Aap intazam karo."

He dropped into the nearest armchair and squeezed his eyes shut. With a desperation, he tried to recall the moments he had spent with Sakshi but all he saw was Purvi, Purvi eclipsing everything. 

Edited by aryapdane - 3 years ago

So I can pass my comment right

Good job arya and potterhead (yr tum nam batao apna)πŸ‘

Eagerly waiting for next one sriπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

Such beauty β€οΈ 

Originally posted by Nezuko

So I can pass my comment right

Good job arya and potterhead (yr tum nam batao apna)πŸ‘

Eagerly waiting for next one sriπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ