Unrequited love in Bollywood- Page 4

Created

Last reply

Replies

43

Views

4.6k

Users

25

Likes

52

Frequent Posters

Anika80 thumbnail
7th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
#31

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

A lot of the examples given here weren't unrequited. They were all people in relationships. But one was more committed than the other. That's unfulfilled maybe, but not unrequited.

Amitabh and Rekha had an affair. After initial heartbreak, Rekha moved on when she realized he won't leave his wife.

Ranbir and Deepika too dated. Deepika was left heartbroken, but one person is always left heartbroken in a breakup. She moved on.

Salman and Ash were a pretty intense relationship. Had it not been for his abusive behavior she wouldn't have left him. Both were definitely left pining for each other in the aftermath. Vivek Oberoi made a mistake of getting in with such a hard rebound. It was evident that Ash left Salman because he was abusive, not because she stopped loving him. Saying Ash used Vivek is harsh. People in rebound are vulnerable and easily fall for anyone who is a shoulder to cry on until they are fully over their ex. Sometimes rebounds do last as well.

I think you can count Salman as loosely unrequited. He did desperately try to get her back acting even more abusive, vindictive, and erratic in the process. Sometimes I feel his whole eternal bachelor facade is because he never got over her.

Don't know much about old Bollywood to say.

I think Karan Johar definitely has had many unrequited loves on account of his sexuality. He definitely has an unfulfilled thing for SRK. I also think he was horny for Sid and Fawad. I wouldn't call it love though.

IDK about Alia and Varun. She always gave me the vibe that she was into Sid a whole lot. She had that girl crush sparkle when she was around him or speaks about him. That is why I have a hard time buying Alia and Ranbir - neither of them have that sparkle you see when people are in love. But it does remind me of Hillary and Bill. There is mutual respect between two people at the peak of their game Their intersecting career trajectories and pedigree make it a logical relationship. And that's the thing - sometimes the person who admires you gives you that ego trip and oxytocin kick that can be headier than love.

I agree but I don't think Salman was really unrequited. He misbehaved in same way with sangeeta too in 1994 after she left he tried all he could to stay with sangeeta too. I think he was contort in his relationship he was scared to be left but tried all he can to be left. The same with aishwarya who really loved him. And while I think that at the beginning his relationship with katrina was a rebound soon he fell in love with her.
Anika80 thumbnail
7th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
#32

Originally posted by: MujheMaarjaneDo


Huh? Why excuses for Aish?😆

Aish and Vivek were dating, it wasn't some friendzone situation.

yes they dated she wanted to get over Salman it was a rebound for her
Autumn_Rose thumbnail
13th Anniversary Thumbnail Stunner Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago
#33

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort


Bleh not really. She always called him a friend and nothing more. Not her fault if Vivek had bigger dreams.


I think she was mad at him for holding the press conference against Salman, he says he did it for her but I'm pretty sure they must have had a fight because of it. What was the point in Vivek doing that anyways? Was he looking for publicity or what was his intention here.. 😆

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
13th Anniversary Thumbnail Stunner Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago
#34


Raj Kapoor's pyar for Vyjanthimala.

MaxMayfield thumbnail
13th Anniversary Thumbnail Trailblazer Thumbnail + 4

Fashionista Circle

Posted: 5 years ago
#35

Dilip Kumar Madhubala and Dev Anand and Suraiya..Both intense and dramatic love stories..

chingoobean thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
#36

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose


Raj Kapoor's pyar for Vyjanthimala.


Raj Kapoor and Vyajayanthimala are not an example of unrequited love. They had a full-blown affair. Yes Raj didn't leave his wife Krishna ji for Vyajayanthi, but nothing about their relationship was one-sided.

Rishi Kapoor wrote this in his autobiography about his Papa's affair:

"I remember moving into the Natraj Hotel on Marine Drive with my mom during the time Papa was involved with Vyjayanthimala. From the hotel, we shifted for two months into an apartment in Chitrakoot. My father had bought the apartment for Mom and us. He did all he could to woo her back, but my mother wouldn't give in until he had ended that chapter of his life".

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
13th Anniversary Thumbnail Stunner Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago
#37

Originally posted by: chingoobean


Raj Kapoor and Vyajayanthimala are not an example of unrequited love. They had a full-blown affair. Yes Raj didn't leave his wife Krishna ji for Vyajayanthi, but nothing about their relationship was one-sided.

Rishi Kapoor wrote this in his autobiography about his Papa's affair:

"I remember moving into the Natraj Hotel on Marine Drive with my mom during the time Papa was involved with Vyjayanthimala. From the hotel, we shifted for two months into an apartment in Chitrakoot. My father had bought the apartment for Mom and us. He did all he could to woo her back, but my mother wouldn't give in until he had ended that chapter of his life".


Really?

I thought he was really into her but she wasn't.

chingoobean thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
#38

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose


Really?

I thought he was really into her but she wasn't.


They were very much together. Vyjayanthi did deny the affair after Rishi Kapoor wrote about it in Khullam Khulla. To which Rishi had this to say: "In an interview published a few years ago, Vyjayanthimala denied ever having an affair with my father. She claimed that he had manufactured the romance because of his hunger for publicity. I was livid. How could she be so blasé; and pretend the affair never happened? She had no right to distort facts just because he was no longer around to defend the truth."

Rekha_ji thumbnail
16th Anniversary Thumbnail Rocker Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
#39

Karan Johar > Shah Rukh Khan

Govinda > Neelam

Govinda > Divya Bharti

Govinda > Karisma Kapoor

Ranveer Singh > Anushka Sharma

Rani Mukerji > Abhishek Bachchan

Akshay Kumar's pants > Akshay Kumar

Gulshan Grover > Katrina Kaif

Sonam Kapoor > Deepika Padukone's PR department

TMKOC_MY thumbnail
9th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
#40

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

Do you know any celebrities who fell in love with someone but couldn't have it reciprocated? Not talking about famous ones like Amitabh Rekha, Salman Aishwarya, Ranbir Deepika. Any lesser known ones?

Tabu and Nagarjuna I guess

Related Topics

Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: mintyblue · 2 months ago

After Saiyaara, I couldn't help noticing a familiar shift. Whether it's coincidence or Bollywood doing what Bollywood does best—chasing the...

Expand ▼
Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: Luv_ShomaAnand · 22 days ago

Today I got to know that Poonam Dhillon and Padmini Kolhapur are besties. What a discovery!! Please share if you know of any other Bollywood...

Expand ▼
Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: mintyblue · 1 months ago

2001: Yes, I’m Going There Again. I get it. I’ve already raved about the music of 2001. More than once. At this point, the forum probably sees...

Expand ▼
Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: oyebollywood · 2 months ago

...

Expand ▼
Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: Briaahna · 2 months ago

Nah nothing about Bollywood here , nothing When you have true citizens like this what else one needs A true gem I would like to share this video...

Expand ▼
Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".