Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

briahna thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

one thing i am loving, almost everyone agreeing RK is best out there, nepo ya na nepo

😆

Bakugo thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rkisnothot

I don't think we can deny that getting it in extremely important. There might be a lot of good actors out there but I bet most don't even try because there is no way for them to even land their first movie. Knocking on producer's doors won't help. The truth is that there might be thousands who want to be actors but there are maybe 10 male leads and 10 female leads. In essence, the number of seats are extremely tiny. 

Insiders get to jump over everyone and get their first lead role which is big, big deal. They at least have a 50% chance of making it versus like .000000005% for an outsider. The odds are so low for landing a lead role, it's basically like winning a MegaMillions jackpot. 

There might be flops like Sohail and Arbaaz but Salman still gets to make it. Tanisha might be a disaster but Kajol gets to make it. With so many resources at your disposal, you only fail if you're really really really bad. 

I personally don't give AF though. Outsiders already know it's like a lottery from the beginning. You are not owed a career where you make millions. There are plenty of other options out there. Go become something else or go work in TV or youtube videos. The world doesn't have to give you a red carpet. 

Yes! I understand that’s why it’s a very important thing but it’s not the main or only thing that matters! Insider might get in easily but if the audience doesn’t approve of them then they’re useless

lifeiscool thumbnail

Originally posted by: TinTuna

I disagree,

if getting in was the main thing then why Ayush,sooraj, imran didn’t become stars?

And not everyone has so much time to read about gossips.. I myself was a member here during 2012.. then I got busy with my life. But corona gave me a lot of free time to come back here. And I’m just a  student, there are more people who are busier then me who just watch movies for the sake of entertainment and pass time. If PR was everything then guys like Ayushman, kartik and Rajkumar Rao wouldn’t be here today. They proved themselves as an actor and got what they deserve. 

As my parents are doctors I can surely say yes there is a thing called best doctor. Because  people often ask us who is the best cardiologist, gynaecologist in town/country and we suggest them whom we know. Same goes for the actors, you can’t exactly say who is the best actor.. for me it can be SRK for you it can be other person.

if controversies and pr could make a movie hit then kangana’s movies like rangoon, judgemental hai kya and simran would have been the biggest blockbusters ever

There may be better actors still waiting for their turn in a queue, or maybe dancing behind the stars or maybe working in the background . You wouldn't know if they don't get in. Sooraj has done barely 2-3 movies . Imran was a touted star after jaane tu, was even considered better than ranbir. But did you ever see aamir or his PR hyping him the way ranbir's does.? Did you see Aamir recommending him for the best of films or evem offering him any role in his own films? Ayush is still getting films. Replace him with an outsider , would he still be getting chances? Actors like alia , shahid , ranbir , ranvir can nail particular roles but to say that they are the best would be an overstatement. They had their own share of hits and misses. Consider an outsider , maybe first few of his films couldn't do well because he wasn't fit for the role. Maybe , he does good in other roles. But would he get that opportunity after a series of misses. That is the question. 

Doctors can be considered best on the basis of ppl's opinions and their personal experience. It is subjective. If a patient comes to me and asks about a good pediatrician or gynaecologist , wouldn't i recommend according to my knowledge. That would be my opinion . Doesn't mean that the particular doctor is the best. When a handful number of doctors recommend me a particular other doctor , my opinion will automatically be that the doctor is the best. Only after getting treated will i realise if his diagnosis and treatment were correct and my symptoms got relieved. Then my opinion will be moulded according to that. 

I haven't seen rangoon , judgemental, simran. I personally don't like kangana but some of her opinions on nepotism resonate with mine. Kangana's PR couldn't teach her to lower down her straightforwardness which backfires on her most of the time. So i wouldn't say that her PR is the best. 

Edited by lifeiscool - 3 years ago
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Kangana had her own dirty politics agenda. But naseeruddin shouldn’t use term half education. Industry people fight with each other all the time, it’s their problem. But I have problems with nepo kids snatching every work possible especially when they are mediocre and overhyped overrated to the limit but I agree with points naseeruddin gives 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Terenaina

But I have problems with nepo kids snatching every work possible especially when they are mediocre and overhyped overrated to the limit but I agree with points naseeruddin gives 

But snatching work had been done by lots. The tale of Tara Sharma 😆

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

The point is that out of 1000's if outsiders, 10 make it and out of 100 of insiders, 90 make it .

When I say make it, it means they get a chance to debut and some even get more chances.

If 10 make it our of 1000 

Even the 10 who make it, they have to survive by either sucking up to a camp, or hitting the jackpot with the audience.

Now problem arises when insiders use their network to malign the image, make sure their camp kid gets more theater screens, make sure they get more publicity slots, more opportunities by putting their money and snatch it away from a promising outsider. 

This mainly happens when power rests with 5-6 main production houses. That's when this all happens.

That's why the whole system needs to change where there are equal opportunities given irrespective of their background.

Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Attention seeker and sly man

Edited by Jaitreya23 - 3 years ago
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

But snatching work had been done by lots. The tale of Tara Sharma 😆

I just see all the nepo star kids Ranveer ranbir Sara janhvi ananya and etc overhype to the limits by audience media pr and industry. They are all mediocre especially the ones debuting in coming years too. They want to hog all the limelight by desperate measures 

joycee19 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TinTuna

Why would not I, who have had a secure happy life as an actor, encourage my son to go into the same profession? Would not an industrialist do it, would not a lawyer do it, would not a doctor not do it? Would not anybody do it? You mean to say that Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan’s descendents should not have become singers?” He added that ‘nepotism gets you to a certain point’, after which it takes talent for survival.

I agree with him! Doctors want their kids to become doctors in future, engineers want their kids to peruse engineering. It’s all around us. 

The only difference is that to become a doctor or an engineer one has to do yrs n yrs of studying and prove themselves in exams. If a doctor asks the medical college dean to pass his son without him being able to pass the exams, this is spoiling the whole system. 

The same goes for actin. If KJO is promoting star kids who don't even know the 'A' of acting and getting them movies and awards that could be given to better actors who know their craft, he is spoiling the future of this industry. 

This will result in good actors having to settle for supporting roles, while the non-deserving ones are getting good work. We will never be able to see how a well-written character could be played to the mark. We will have to settle for mediocrity being sold to us as the new excellence. 

I can't get how a good performer like Naseer Sahab can give such statements. He has done theater for years. And all know how much theaters pay their actors. Still, one knows that the best of the schooling of an actor happens on those stages. But today no one wants to go there, and star kids are launched directly, they keep getting work though they have zero knowledge of the art. Their performances suck, yet their well-connected PR buy them awards,  they pay the bills and buy followers and praises and keep getting the big projects and the big payments. 

Paisa paise koh kheech ta hai, talent ko koi poochta bhi nahi

Edited by joycee19 - 3 years ago
Bakugo thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lifeiscool

There may be better actors still waiting for their turn in a queue, or maybe dancing behind the stars or maybe working in the background . You wouldn't know if they don't get in. Sooraj has done barely 2-3 movies . Imran was a touted star after jaane tu, was even considered better than ranbir. But did you ever see aamir or his PR hyping him the way ranbir's does.? Did you see Aamir recommending him for the best of films or evem offering him any role in his own films? Ayush is still getting films. Replace him with an outsider , would he still be getting chances? Actors like alia , shahid , ranbir , ranvir can nail particular roles but to say that they are the best would be an overstatement. They had their own share of hits and misses. Consider an outsider , maybe first few of his films couldn't do well because he wasn't fit for the role. Maybe , he does good in other roles. But would he get that opportunity after a series of misses. That is the question. 

Doctors can be considered best on the basis of ppl's opinions and their personal experience. It is subjective. If a patient comes to me and asks about a good pediatrician or gynaecologist , wouldn't i recommend according to my knowledge. That would be my opinion . Doesn't mean that the particular doctor is the best. When a handful number of doctors recommend me a particular other doctor , my opinion will automatically be that the doctor is the best. Only after getting treated will i realise if his diagnosis and treatment were correct and my symptoms got relieved. Then my opinion will be moulded according to that. 

I haven't seen rangoon , judgemental, simran. I personally don't like kangana but some of her opinions on nepotism resonate with mine. Kangana's PR couldn't teach her to lower down her straightforwardness which backfires on her most of the time. So i wouldn't say that her PR is the best. 

amir launched imran and then again cast him in Delhi belly. And Salman cast anyone from ajju bajju in his movies take daisy sha for example. As far as I remember there was a lot of hype about imran how he is the next best thing! Even many people on kwk said imran was a better actor and has a bright future. But unfortunately he delivered flops after flops. Amir tried to tried to recover his career through Delhi belly but couldn’t help much. Where on the other hand Ranbir proved himself as an actor by doing movies like rockstar,barfi and yjhd. So ultimately Ranbir survived. Best actor is  subjective as well. For ie Joaquin Phoenix is an amazing actor. A lot of people will agree but if I say he is the best actor ever then the outcome will be different.

and we recommend based on that doctor’s qualifications and  feedbacks . Aishehi kisiko nehi bolte😆