Frequent Posters

MR21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Bajaj is so restless as she didn't message him😆

And here she has been waiting for him to message her😆

The love birds

Their cute romantic moments❤️

I loved each and every bit of their conversation in this chapter.

Lovely update, will be back reading the latest one.

MR21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Bitter past🤔

Bajaj shouldn't have done this. I understand he was in a fix, but he should have taken a different route to fix the issues with Komo rather than leading her to think that he likes her.

Prerna would now know the truth from Komo's pov which is a good thing, as I feel Komo is an equal culprit here as I feel she used this deal to corner him and get close to him.

Looks like Anurag is not interested in Prerna anymore, but may do something to help Rishabh.

Nice update Manjari, continue soon.

MrsRishabhBajaj thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MR21

Bajaj is so restless as she didn't message him😆

And here she has been waiting for him to message her😆

The love birds

Their cute romantic moments❤️

I loved each and every bit of their conversation in this chapter.

Lovely update, will be back reading the latest one.

Thank you so much Ramya ❤️

Originally posted by: MR21

Bitter past🤔

Bajaj shouldn't have done this. I understand he was in a fix, but he should have taken a different route to fix the issues with Komo rather than leading her to think that he likes her.

Prerna would now know the truth from Komo's pov which is a good thing, as I feel Komo is an equal culprit here as I feel she used this deal to corner him and get close to him.

Looks like Anurag is not interested in Prerna anymore, but may do something to help Rishabh.

Nice update Manjari, continue soon.

So Bajaj was ofcourse naive and didn't think of the repercussions in the relationship. Komo has to be the culprit too 😆 Ya ya Anurag isn't going to marry his best friend's love!

Yess I will update this weekend positively. The update is almost ready. 😎

opsora2090 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Anyway .. have read all the parts... just amazingly u portray bajaj n prerna's character n eqn of Prerish .. just love the compilation.. i really waiting for the next update dear...❤️

Originally posted by: opsora2090

Anyway .. have read all the parts... just amazingly u portray bajaj n prerna's character n eqn of Prerish .. just love the compilation.. i really waiting for the next update dear...❤️

Thank you 🤗 I am updating it today only. 

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: MrsRishabhBajaj

Thank you 🤗 I am updating it today only. 

Waiting for it. 

Creative Credit: Wistfulness (THANK YOU Shruti!❤️)

Chapter 9: Memories. Mistakes. Misunderstandings.

Prerna couldn't sleep that night. Her mind kept flashing images from how Rishabh broke her trust. She would never be able to trust him again. That month with Rishabh was probably the best month of her life and she even thought that she loved him. What does love even mean? She had read a hundred books looking for the real meaning of love but she had failed. She had really believed that Rishabh loved her. That he would never hurt her. And he took away that one thing she had - Belief.

*Flashback from Prerna's POV*

Prerna had been noticing that something was bothering Rishabh. But whenever she asked him he either changed the subject or said it was just a work thing. She didn't want to push him too much so she let it be.

The first time she had seen Komolika was when she was taking her mother out to celebrate the opening of her new clinic. She wanted to make Rishabh meet her mother that day but since he said he was busy in a meeting she didn't mention it. She knew if she mentioned meeting her mother he would cancel his meeting and she didn't want that.

Veena & Prerna had just entered the hotel when she saw Rishabh sitting at the coffee shop. She wondered if he was waiting for his client. She decided to tease him a little before going to him. She messaged him - Have you reached your meeting?

The reply came almost instantly. Yes I am here. Waiting for the client.

Aw! Did you get stood up by a client? Prerna replied.

I am Rishabh Bajaj. I have never gotten stood up in my entire life.

Prerna decided to go meet him once before his meeting. So she left her mother at the table in the restaurant nearby to go say hi. By the time she reached the coffee shop she saw Rishabh hug Komolika. She froze on the spot. She watched as Rishabh gave her the red rose kept on the table.

Lost in her thoughts she had returned to her table. Her trust was unmoved. She decided to speak to him the very next day. She wouldn't be like the other girls who drew conclusions first and asked questions later. Rishabh would have an explanation. She thought. She believed in him. 

"How was your meeting last night?" she asked him when they went out to celebrate her clinic.

"Eh," Rishabh said twitching his mouth. "Boring as usual."

"Really? Who did you go with?" she asked.

"The company we're taking over? Chaubey International. The owner of that company." he said focussing on his food.

"But wasn't that take over supposed to be this week?" Prerna asked. She didn't want to ask like she was accusing. Rishabh would get offended. So she had to build the conversation.

"Postpone ho gaya," Rishabh said indifferently.

"Par--"Prerna!" Rishabh said lazily, "Tumhari baat karte hai na, we are celebrating your clinic!"

"Acha, pata hai main maa ko kal kidhar le gayi?" She asked.

"Kaha?" he asked finally gaining some interest.

"Taj!" she said. Rishabh's jaw clenched. Prerna looked into his eyes. This was the moment of truth for her.

"What a coincidence!" Rishabh said, "My meeting was there too!"

Prerna sighed in relief. He accepted that he was in Taj. If he was cheating on her, he had no reason to accept it. Her trust had only strengthened by his honesty. She knew she had no reason to worry. Rishabh was a gem. He loved her & only her. She thought.

"Let me go surprise him today!" she told herself when Rishabh wasn't answering her call. It was 9 pm and she was sure he was working. Every day on his way home from work he would call Prerna. No call means he must be stuck at office. She thought. She picked up dinner on her way.

She went to his office to surprise him but was shocked when she got there. Komolika was leaning against the wall in Rishabh's cabin and Rishabh stood so close to her. One hand on her waist and the other stroking her cheek. Komolika was laughing at something Rishabh had just said. Prerna's heart sank. She thought her knees would give up too. She stood there feeling like fool. She left with tears streaming down her cheeks. There was no way she would let Rishabh see her crying like this. There was no way she had misread the situation this time. Rishabh had been lying to her all this while and she had been so naive to overlook all those signs. His changed attitude, his stressed out state around her, not having time for her suddenly. All those things started playing in her head.

25 missed calls overnight. Prerna wanted to throw her phone out of the window. She had no interest in talking to the man who had shattered her trust. She couldn't look at herself in the mirror anymore. She hated herself for trusting him, all those times when her heart fluttered for him, all those moments when she imagined them together forever, all those moments made her squirm in disgust. She didn't want to hear his voice or even look at his face. But she knew she would have to. He wouldn't stop pestering her until she spoke to him. So she decided to be firm and talk to him.

She messaged him that she wanted to talk to him somewhere private. His reply came almost immediately.

Come over! I'm missing you already.

I'll be there in 30 minutes. She had replied. It was best to meet at his place so she could leave as soon as she was done. She didn't want any drama. She just needed to make it clear that she didn't want him in her life. She promised herself that she would be strong. She told herself many times that she would not shed a tear in front of him. She was firm. She was strong. And she would make everything alright in her life.

*Flashback End*

Rishabh lay awake in bed too. He stared at his ceiling. Telling Anurag everything and brought back all his past memories as well. His guilt resurfaced in his chest and his heart ached again. He could never forget those horrible memories. His rage when he read Komolika's proposal knew no bounds. He had wanted to break something. And that is when Komolika had called him.

*Flashback from Rishabh's POV*

"Hi Rishabh," she said. He could hear her smile through the phone. It made him more angry. He kept calm waiting to hear what she had to say.

"I hope you've got my proposal. I'm sorry it isn't what you expected. Actually, dad made some changes last minute and I couldn't refuse." She said. "I hope it won't change our relation. I would still like to help you in every way possible." She spoke slyly. Rishabh gritted his teeth.

"I don't want anything to do with you." He roared.

"Don't say that. It would break my heart." She said calmly. "Meet me for a cup of coffee and maybe we can figure out a middle ground." she added.

Rishabh was furious. But he also knew that if he didn't act fast he would lose all his money and this company he had spent so much energy on. He had to do something and the only person who could help him was this cunning woman.

He agreed to meet for that coffee.

That night after their coffee Rishabh had thought about every way possible to save the company. He had to do something, it wasn't just his money, Moloy had invested and the bank had given a loan. Everything would be over if he didn't go through with this deal. Komolika had clearly given him signals that she was interested in him. There was no other way, he told himself. He wondered how he would explain this to Prerna. She would never understand and it would only hurt her. Maybe if he just got this done with quickly Prerna wouldn't find out and he anyway wasn't going to do anything inappropriate. He would never cheat on Prerna.

He sighed and decided to go forward, not knowing what the future held for him. He knew that his feelings for Prerna had grown recently. She had started understanding him so well. She always knew exactly what he wanted to say, how he felt, what his dreams were, everything was going great except for his work. He had to do something about it.

From then on Rishabh did everything to convince Komolika that he too felt the same way. He knew it wouldn't be easy to fool her. She was smart, he had to make her really believe he liked her too. He took her out on dinners, bought her flowers, sent surprises to her work place. This was frustrating Rishabh. He was always on his toes around Komolika. Finally she had started believing him and he realised that it was the perfect time to act.

It was one night in his cabin. He was thinking about Prerna and considering calling her when there was a light knock and Komolika strutted into the cabin. She had got some take away pizza and a bottle of wine. "Hi handsome, I thought you'd be hungry." she said.

Rishabh switched on his drama mode and looked stressed and annoyed. "No." he said. Komolika's smile vanished as she looked tensed. "What's the matter?" she asked.

"I can't save my company. It's all over." he said.

"What? What do you mean?" she asked.

"I didn't want to tell you this. I shouldn't. Let it be." he said. He knew she would insist on helping.

"Rishabh, come on tell me, I am sure I can help." She said keeping the bottle on his table and going over to his side.

He got up looking into her eyes hoping this would work. This was the moment of truth he had to make it work. He took her hand into his and squeezed it.

"I know you'll always be there with me. But I don't think it will be appropriate to tell you this." he said seeming very low.

Komolika slowly slid her hands around his neck and stepped closer to him. "You can tell me anything, you know we're so much more than just friends now. You mean a lot to me." she said.

Rishabh took the leap and told her the truth. "Actually, this is about the deal we were about to sign. I had already invested everything and also taken a loan because of that. Now that we can't go through with it, there is no way to save my company. It's all over for me." He admitted.

Komolika took a step back and removed her hands from around him. She narrowed her eyes looking at him. Had he said too much? Rishabh wondered. He had to do some damage control. He held Komolika by her waist and pinned her to the wall. He slowly stroked her cheek and said, "Don't worry beautiful, I'll figure it out!" he smiled. Komolika nodded. "And anyway, kuch nahi toh tumhare paas aa jaunga naukri maangne!" he exclaimed making Komolika laugh.

"PA bana lena mujhe apna, then I'll be able to be with you all day!" he said trying to keep looking into her eyes but praying from inside that she agrees to go forward with the deal. It was just one company for her but it would be a huge boost for Rishabh.

Komolika placed her hands around his neck again and looked at him lovingly. "PA nahi, main toh tumhe apna bana lungi." she said.

Rishabh smiled looking at her. It was his fakest smile possible. Please Company de do! He said in his head. He really needed it.

"And I can't see you stressed like this. Let me see what I can do. Shayad, we can just go forward with the deal. Dad se main baat kar lungi and wese bhi, baaki companies zyada profitable hai wese bhi." she said moving towards him to kiss him.

Rishabh was so happy hearing her that he wanted to jump in joy but he controlled himself. He stroked her cheek to keep her from kissing him and said, "I don't want you to do anything that would spoil your relation with your dad."

Komolika was feeling so special that she was completely mesmerized by Rishabh, he realised that. "Mere dad will do anything for me. Fir, yeh toh family mein hi rahega na." she said justifying her decision to herself and Rishabh.

Rishabh was relieved. For the first time in really long he took a deep breath. Everything was going to be okay.

*Flashback End*

Helloo lovely people ❤️ I am really sorry for the delay in my update but I was quite stuck with my work now since the lockdown is relaxed I need to start getting back to work as well. But another reason was just that I had to plan this story's progress. I have 3-4 ideas and I wasn't able to decide on the best one. Finally, I have come up with a solid plan so now I should be able to update sooner! Thank you for all the reminders to update 🤗

This update is just a filler and it helps solve some doubts. From here on 80% of the chapters will be on the present and the story will start to fall on track. This is a little complex for me because of so many flashbacks so now I've decided to work more on the present story. 

I definitely will update fast now! Do leave your comments 😎 They really help me understand that as readers what are your views and if I've made some errors. I haven't been able to proofread so please ignore small errors.

P.S. - Thank you Shruti (@Wistfulness ) for this brilliant cover you made on my request! 🤗 Lots of loveee ❤️

Thanks&Regards,

Manjari😳

Edited by MrsRishabhBajaj - 3 years ago
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Awesome! 

The flashback from Rishabh's POV was important to the plot. He played a dangerous mind game to save his company but damaged his most important relationship. 

Eager to know what transpired in the PreRish breakup meeting.