Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Grey-licious thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: CaptainSpark

Yes. That's the reason why this andhe ka putra andha narrative came in. Also, extreme glorification of Karna. 

Also, Yudhishthir there is so annoying. 

For me connection is important 

And I am totally unable to connect with BRC MB

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Rupa is, IMO, a better actress than Pooja. Too bad they didn't give her a decent characterization. Actually, they didn't give Pooja a decent sketch either, but her chemistry with Saurabh was off the charts.

Somehow, creative types feel the need to cut Panchali down to size to prop up the men.

In BRC, Krishna reprimands both Arjuna and Panchali about how great Karna is whereas the real Krishna swore he'd kill Karna. Not to mention the andhe ka putr and suthaputr comments. 

In Star, Panchali was lectured by Krishna on how common man would be treated if SHE, the empress, could be assaulted. In text, it was Panchali doing the lecturing. In Star, Panchali mouthed those inanities about destiny. Dhrishtadyumna reprimands her! In  text, she was so pragmatic she was accused of being an atheist by Yudhishtira. In Star, she made huge speeches on how she could not marry a sutha and equated them to demons and monkeys and such. In text, suthaputr comment was not simply an interpolation, even the interpolated comment was limited to her not wanting to marry one.

Neither show portrayed her as the working empress she was.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 4 years ago
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I think karna and arjuns enemity started when he was denied to participate in the competition 

Than Karna went to draupadi sawyamwar 

In draupadi swayamwar he went to pick the bow when draupadi said she will not marry suth putra only a prince or a brahmin

Arjun gone in disguise of brahmin 

In that swayamwar some of karnas sons are killed by arjun and his brothers 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: CaptainSpark

She wished for a husband with 5 important qualities which the 5 Pandavas had. 

Yudhishthir- Dharma and Righteousness

Bheem- Strength

Arjuna - Patience/Archery Skills/Best Warrior

Nakul- Beauty

Sahadev- Knowledge

So Vyasa said about this to the Pandavas and told them to go to the Swayamvar. Then Arjun won the contest. Before this, Arjun and Draupadi did not know each other. 

Again, Star Plus MB and its completely false creation of Arjun Draupadi romance is the reason for this belief among people. There is nothing like this in real epic. 

Yes it’s not.. but she loved Arjun most and I think it’s quite natural also because when she put Varmala on him, it’s like a Gandharv Vivah.,. She must have he all those first feelings for Arjuna. Plus Arjun had qualities to be a favorite.

He was born in Nakshatra of Purva Phalguni, so had Venusian qualities.. πŸ˜‰

Edited by Autumn_Rose - 4 years ago
Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

Yes it’s not.. but she loved Arjun most and I think it’s quite natural also because when she put Varmala on him, it’s like a Gandharv Vivah.,. She must have he all those first feelings for Arjuna. Plus Arjun had qualities to be a favorite.

This is a such overrated topic. Drapaudi never really says anything about her favourite still i don't know why is everyone is ready to assume that arjuna was favourite where i can  see  a lot of scenes with other bhim which can provide evidence of bheem being her favourite the point is  since she never really said anything about who her favourite husband is. I think its very unfair to assume that 

Ps - just an example to elaborate my point 

Edited by Poorabhforever - 4 years ago
NoraSM thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: myviewprem

I think karna and arjuns enemity started when he was denied to participate in the competition 

Than Karna went to draupadi sawyamwar 

In draupadi swayamwar he went to pick the bow when draupadi said she will not marry suth putra only a prince or a brahmin

Arjun gone in disguise of brahmin 

In that swayamwar some of karnas sons are killed by arjun and his brothers 

Draupadi didn't insult karna, Karna participated in her swayamvar and couldn't string the bow, he lost the competition 

NoraSM thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ

To be honest, A woman born from fire, someone who stood up for herself in that Era, someone who saved sorry asses of her husbands who were slave to Duryodhana, someone who could talk about rights of women and lecture Krushna really needed someone who was worthy of her. I would lose respect for her if she loved Yudhishtira or his brothers 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ

To be honest, A woman born from fire, someone who stood up for herself in that Era, someone who saved sorry asses of her husbands who were slave to Duryodhana, someone who could talk about rights of women and lecture Krushna really needed someone who was worthy of her. I would lose respect for her if she loved Yudhishtira or his brothers 

Well, sometimes we don’t have control over whom we love. Bheem loved her the most and she loved Arjun over others but she did tell Bheem that she would want him to be her husband in next life. Though as per Dharma she should love all equally.  But in real life I feel it’s not possible. Yudhister was the only one who could enter swarglok. I do wonder if Yudhishter was wrong, why he could.

Yudhishter is said to have born in the nakshtra of jyeshtha (also meaning the eldest; shreshth). I find it interesting that moon (mind) is actually debilated/weak)  in this Nakshtra which is in Scorpio sign so a person gets emotional and can  are wrong decisions, which may have led him to bet his wife and brothers wrongfully. 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Originally posted by: Poorabhforever

This is a such overrated topic. Drapaudi never really says anything about her favourite still i don't know why is everyone is ready to assume that arjuna was favourite where i can  see  a lot of scenes with other bhim which can provide evidence of bheem being her favourite the point is  since she never really said anything about who her favourite husband is. I think its very unfair to assume that 

Ps - just an example to elaborate my point 

It’s said she ended up in hell due to her favoritism. 

.Lonewalker. thumbnail

Draupadi never clarified whom she loved most, if at all, she loved one husband more than the other 4. Throughout her whole life she tried her best to treat all her husbands equally. So, if she indeed had deeper feelings for Arjun, bravo to her for not letting her feelings interfere in her duty. 

But I personally think Yudhishthir's assessment can be born from his own insecurity. It's not necessary that all his assessments are true.