Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ilazyair thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

But the site is good. You should try to simultaneously post it there as well. There aren't many PreRish stories there. Less than a dozen. 

WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7

This content was originally posted by: Sunn_shine

Almost done.. editing on IF drafts..sara formating nikla jata hai🤔

ðŸ˜µ

Minhasmansi92 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

This content was originally posted by: ilazyair

But the site is good. You should try to simultaneously post it there as well. There aren't many PreRish stories there. Less than a dozen. 

18 in total!!! Including some anupre and janbir stories in there!!! In which prerish tag has been used!!! 

Edited by Minhasmansi92 - 4 years ago
Minhasmansi92 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Riya!!! If She did na!!! First one will be me who will be Voting and commenting on her story on the Wattpad!!! 

WaqtZaya thumbnail

Waise aj date accha hai no one will believe ki Meenu updated the FF ðŸ¤£ 

WaqtZaya thumbnail

ek site leke yea haal hai dusra site bologe toh yea updates bhi na aane wala. ðŸ¤ª she is struggling with comments. Let her stay here once done here & out of muse, I will ask her to join there ðŸ˜† not now. ðŸ˜†

Sunn_shine thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Hello Amazing Peoplesmiley31

I am here with part B of chapter 19. I just read it before posting and I don't know what I have writtensmiley37

Ohh God.. my apologies in advance and a big thank to everyone who chose to give it a read.

Love

Sunshine

CHAPTER 21

JUHU HOTEL

9.15 PM

As soon as Prerna entered her room, she carelessly dropped all her stuff on the floor except the sheet of paper she had refused to leave, the entire way back to her hotel. She ran towards her room and dropped on her bed and dug her face deep into the mattress tightly clutching the bed sheet in one hand and Kukki's drawing in the other one.

"Why.. why..why with me.. I lost everything in life because of my own decisions.. even both my kids.. what do I have .. why???" she continuously hit on the bed, frustrated with herself and her life.

NEXT DAY (THURS)

10.00 AM

Aditya was busy talking about the budget figures from the file that Prerna got from Tanvi's desk, while Prerna was long lost remembering the events of last night, her hands cupping her tea mug.

"What do you think, should we allocate more for teacher's training or Kid's…" Aditya stopped midway when he noticed that she wasn't  even listening.

He knocked on the table surface and said "Where are you lost?"

"I am sorry.. what were you saying?" said Prerna focusing back to the file on the table.

Aditya closed the file and kept his hands over it. "What's the matter. Kal se I am noticing you look so lost. Are you okay? Anything bothering you?"

"No, I was just thinking about the budget figures that I proposed. Ek file mein tha…" she looked for her file on the table.

"Prerna stop, please.. Listen.."

Ignoring his words, she kept checking all her files and said "I think I forgot it upstairs, let me get it from the room" Aditya tried to stop her but she immidietely got up from her place to leave.

Prena felt dizzy and almost stumbled, Aditya quickly reached by her side and made her sit. 

"Why were you lying Prerna that you are okay. Look at you, you are burning with fever. Abhi chalo, you need to see a doctor" 

Prerna's protest fell on his deaf ears. "Kal se I am asking kya hua hai, but you didn't care to tell me" He blabbered as he helped her walk to their car.

BREACH CANDY HOSPITAL

Dr. Rastogi's cabin, 11.15 AM

Dr. Rastogi was examining Prerna while Aditya sat on the other side of the curtain covering the examination area.

"Prerna take a few deep breaths for me please" Prerna followed. 

"By the way Adi, where is your friend?" asked Dr. Rastogi. Prerna drew her brows together as she heard the doctor. 

"Why do I hear about him everywhere I go, people I meet. How can he be present everywhere. Jitna koshish kar rhi hu unke bare mein nahi sochne ka, utna hi..." thought Prerna, her muscles getting tense.

"What happened, you okay?" asked the doctor, as he saw her tense.

Prerna took a few deep breaths and relaxed herself.

"He didn't come for the followup, I hope is baar koi carelessness nahi ho rahi" continued the doctor.

"He isn't serious" blabbered Prerna remembering last evening.

"What did you say?" asked the doctor.

"Agar pills ke liye bhi kisi aur ko yaad dilana pade to kaise koi serious ho sakta hai" said Prerna with a frown, both Dr. Rastogi and Aditya who could hear her too, looked surprised.

"How do you know" Prerna suddenly realised what she had done. She looked flustered and to make up for stupidity she said "aapne kaha na he didn't come for follow up. That means he is not serious because someone else has to remind him"

"Ohhh.. Jis surity se you said it.. to aisa laga that you know him" the doctor shook his head and resumed the examination.

"Aisa nahi hai Prerna, he is busy with his daughter and work. Uncle you know what Ab to Kukki is kind of an official part of his company. She visits the office with him after school" said Aditya, with an amused smile playing with the paper weight on the table.

"Arey aise kaise?" said Dr. Rastogi, checking Prerna for BP.

Aditya narrated the whole incident of Kukki falling sick in school and everything that followed that day. 

Prerna felt a twist in her chest when she heard about Kukki and closed her eyes remembering an unconscious Kukki post store room incident in Basu Badi. 

'I promised to be by her side always.. to take care of her.. she was always there with me when I  needed someone.. even at a time my own family gave up on me.. but I...'

She came out of her guilt ridden thoughts when she heard the doctor.

"Hmm.. baccho ke life mein koi bhi ek parent nahi ho to it takes a toll on them. Rishabh uske lie kitna bhi kyu na kar le, Kukki ke life mein Mom ki kami to rahegi hi. Abhi to chhoti hai but as she grows, things will get complicated. Very sweet child she is… Okay Prerna, I am done. You can come out" said the doctor, wrapping up the examination.

Doctor joined Aditya on the other side of the curtain, she sat up straight on the examination table and fresh tears formed in her tired eyes, as she thought more about her daughter, 'My little girl. Uske pass do moms hai, one who gave her birth and another one she chose for herself. Both claim to love her and both FAILED her'

"All okay Prerna?" Dr. Rastogi asked, when she didn't come out for some time.

"Yeah, I am coming" she wiped her tears and came out to join the two men.

"Nothing to worry Prena, thoda fever ho gaya hai. BP thoda low hai isliye you must have felt dizzy. Ye medicine course poora karo and eat healthy food. Fever and weakness dono theek ho jayega. And take bed rest today" said Dr. Rastogi as he handed over the prescription to Aditya.

Prerna nodded and agreed.

-----------

On their way their back to hotel, Aditya noticed Prerna was blankly looking outside the car. 

"Prerna, I was thinking.." Aditya's words brought her out of her trance and she turned her head, rested on the seat backrest and looked at him.

"Would you be okay staying at my sister's place, till you are well? I mean there is no one to take care of you at the hotel.. kuch zarurat padegi to.."

Mere idea of being around Menaka made her uncomfortable. She gave him a made up smile and said "Thank you, but I will be more comfortable in my room. Don't you worry so much, fever hi hai.. I will manage" 

"Hmm I understand.. I will speak with the staff to arrange for someone to keep a check on you" Rest of the ride to her hotel was quiet.

2.30 PM

After a light lunch, Prerna sat in her bed with her laptop in her lap. Her hands were still and she stared at the screen. She came out of her reverie when she heard her phone.

"Hello Ma.. kaisi hain aap. Acha hua apne phone kiya.. main abhi apko call karne ke baare mein hi soch rahi thi.." she tried to sound happy over the phone.

"Soch rahi thi to call kar lena tha na Priyu" 

"Hmm.. ghar par sab kaise hain?" asked Prerna.

"Yaha sab theek hai beta, but tum theek nahi lag rahi ho, kya baat hai?" Veena noticed something was bothering her daughter.

"Nahi Maa.. aisa to kuch nahi.." Prerna covered her phone speaker as she broke into tears yet again.

"Preyu, tum ro rahi ho? Beta kya baat hai? Batao humein" Veena could hear her daughter's sobs.

"Maa.. mujhe apki bhuat yaad aa rahi hai. Aap sabki.. puri family ki"

"Aisa hai to call kar leti Priyu.. isme rone wali kya baat hai.. chup karo ab, aise chhote bacchon ki tarah ro rahi ho, itni si baat ke liye" Veena tried to calm her down.

Her mother's voice did calm her a bit. Wiping her face she switched to Video call and had a long chat with almost every family member except Shekhar, who was not at home.

Everyone got busy, Prerna and Veena were the only two who continued to talk. 

"Waise tumne kya socha? Mumbai mein continue karogi ya wapas aa rhi ho. 2 weeks to khatam ho rahe hain."

Prerna's happiness vanished from her face. "Maine ab tak socha nahi Ma.. but aap sahi keh rahi hain. Decide to mujhe karna hi hoga, Aditya ko bhi to batana hai. Sach kahu Maa to yaha jitne bhi logon se main mili wo sab bhaut hi ache hai.. pr.."

"Beta, agar waha rukne ki wajah hai to ruk jana.. log to yaha bhi ache hi mile tumhe. Par agar waha rukna hai to wo wajah dhundo jiske liye tum waha ruk sako, wo jo tumhe sirf waha hi mil sakta hai yaha nahi. Tum jo bhi decision logi hum tumhare sath hain Priyu, hamesha" said Veena with a smile and kissed her daughter's face on the screen.

"Theek hai Ma… main sochti hu is baare mein.. Thank you Maa, apse baat karke I feel so light"

"Dekho zara baat karte karte 4 baj gaye hain.. ghar par kitna kaam pada hai, tum bhi aram karo. Raat ko baat karte hain" Prerna disconnected the call and rested her head on the backrest. 

"I need to make a decision as soon as possible. Aditya has always been supportive and he deserves to know" she thought, and focused back on completing the pending report she had been working on.

Restaurant, 5.30 PM

Prerna stood with her hands folded against her chest in front of Aditya "Aap yahan fir se kyu aaye?" She asked firmly.

"I was passing by, to socha.."

"Stop lying. You came here to check on me.. isn't it" said Prerna, without letting him complete his sentence.

"Haan, to isme wrong kya hai? You were unwell so I came here to check. See you are here because of me, miles away from your family, alone. So I feel responsible till the time you are here. Now, stop acting like my boss and sit. Remember I am still the boss here"

Prerna smiled and took a seat. She ordered a juice for herself and said "your Doc uncle is a magician, just 2 doses and I already feel so much better"

"That I can see already" Aditya chuckled, and she looked at him with a frown.

"By the way yesterday's meeting went really well. I got amazing feedback. I loved how you pitched the idea for the Teachers Training Program. By experience I know how difficult it is to convince Teachers for the fact that they need to upgrade their skills. But YOU, you were so effortless. So proud to have you in the team" Prerna really felt proud hearing her mentor praising her. 

"All thanks to you Bandana, Ayesha and You. You all always supported me and gave me so much freedom at the same time. So thank YOU" said Prerna, feeling overwhelmed. 

"Itna bhi modest nahi hona chahiye, Prerna. It's okay to credit yourself for your efforts. You have a long way to go. I am sure, Parksite community will benefit from your work" said Aditya, circling the rim of his coffee mug with his hand.

"About that. I wanted to talk to you.. I thought a lot about it in the past 2 days. To be honest I have loved every moment here in Mumbai and like you said back in Calcutta, I did learn a lot in such a short span of time. But I feel I'd be of better service at Acharyas.. also my family is there"

Prerna could sense his disappointment. "Trust me it wasn't easy for me to make this decision but I feel life mujhe ek purpose ke liye le aayi thi" she remembered Kukki and  Rishabh, and continued "and now I should go back..to where I truly belong. Yaha ab meri jagah koi aur koi le sakta hai" she said as Menaka's thought crossed her mind.

"I am sorry Aditya, but I must go back to Calcu…"

"Return tickets kabki karni hai?" Aditya's words surprised Prerna. She never thought he'd agree so easily.

"Why do you look surprised? Did you forget I told you no questions asked if you decided to leave after 15 days. I mean it's a shame to lose an efficient team mate like you, but you are free to make your decision and I need to respect that. Waise bhi we are in good shape, thanks to you. Me and my team will take it from there. So, now tell me kabki tickets book karne hain?" 

"Sunday evening?" Said Prerna, with a bit of hesitation. She was expecting a bit of protest or reasoning from his end, but that wasn't the case.

"Sure, Sunday evening it is then" said Aditya and got on his phone for booking.

With a smile on her face, she said "Thank you. Thank you for everything"

Aditya smiled back and got busy on his phone again. Prerna was overwhelmed and felt lucky to find herself surrounded with people who valued her and her decisions, since she started working. Her views were valued and people looked up to her. Most part of her life and her decisions revolved around others, but for the first time she got the taste of what it felt like to be respected and heard. 

"Okay done! I have emailed you your tickets. Now let's finish work. I barely have you for the next two days. So let's get done with the work" Prerna nodded and began explaining her ideas.

SUNDAY, 1.30PM

Prerna checked her stuff, to make sure all of it was packed and she wasn't leaving anything behind. She checked IDs in her handbag, all set to reach the airport for her 4.30 pm flight and waited for Aditya. He had insisted upon dropping her to the airport. Only thing she had not packed was the photo frame. Holding the frame in her hand, she stood next to the window looking at the deserted JUHU beach visible through her window, that came alive every evening till it slept again late at night. 

"May be I heard you and Mr. Bajaj on the beach the other day" said Prerna, talking to Kukki's picture. She kept the frame back in her hand bag and called Aditya to check where he was. 

----------

Prerna and Aditya stood outside the departure gates, heavy wind made her hair go out of her control.

"So, you are leaving.. but that doesn't mean we go out of contact" said Aditya, leaving on the railing.

"Of course, you should think of a collaboration between AMRA and ACHARYA'S. I will also get to learn from the best in the industry" she said.

"Did I tell you, you are smart. With heavy heart this boss is letting go of his most hardworking team member"

"That's too generous of you"

"Jokes apart, I am not sure what the future holds for any of us but AMRA's doors will always be open for you. So anytime you feel like coming back, just give me a call, okay?"

Prerna nodded with a smile and said "I will"

"Waise I so wanted you to meet RB once, par.." 

"Mil to chuki hu" 

"Kab kaise.." Aditya almost jumped off his feet when he heard her.

"You have shared so much about him, to aisa lagta hai mil chuki hu. Aur shayad hamara milna destiny mein tha nahi so hum nahi mile"

"Haan.. Next time may be" said Aditya.

"I don't thing there will ever be a next time" she mummbled in a low voice.

"Did you say something?" He asked.

Prerna shook her head and checking her phone for time she said "I should get going"

"Wait for 2 mins. Someone is coming to meet you" Aditya requested.

Prerna looked at him all confused.

"She is here" 

Prerna followed Aditya's gaze and saw Menaka walking towards them from behind. She quickly turned back to avoid looking at her. 

"What is she doing here?" She said in a muffled voice, rubbing her hands.

"Hi Prerna, Menaka Adhiraj. Adi's sister" Prerna looked at Menaka's hand extended in her direction. Prerna's shaky and cold hand met Menaka's steady one in a firm handshake.

"I was around. When Adi told me you are leaving. I couldn't stop myself from coming here"

Prerna quietly heard, deep inside she just wanted to run away from that place. 

"Actually, I wanted to thank you for the other day at the hotel restaurant. I don't know what I was thinking. It was so embarrassing but  you saved the day"

"N..No.. worries..i hope all your matters get resolved, coz I know he is a good man" said Prerna nervously.

"Huh!" Menaka looked surprised.

"I meant he must be a good person. Aditya calls him his best friend and he has shared a lot of good things about him soo.." holding her breath Prerna looked at their reaction to see if they fell for her excuse or not.

"You are right" Aditya intervened and said "Prerna you must go now, its getting late. All the best for your future" 

Prerna smiled at the siblings and pushed her baggage trolley, soon to disappear behind the entry gates.

Outside, Menaka looked at Aditya and asked in a guilt ridden voice "Are you still mad at me"

"You wanted to thank her and I let you. Aur jahan tak baat hai hamari, I need time Menaka. You need to give everyone some time. You go home, I have some work at office"

Aditya left Menaka behind and walked away from her. 

"Jitna time lena hai le lo, but I will make sure I get what I deserve. I deserve to be with them"

Inside the airport building Prerna stood waiting for her turn for baggage checkin. "I think I got what I deserved. I don't deserve to be around Kukki or Mr. Bajaj. This is right"

Part 22- Page 67 https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/153163376

Link to other stories-

I AM HOME (One Shot)- completed

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/153085293

THE MIRROR (Two Chapters)- completed

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/152168455

EPIPHANY (5 chapters)- Completed  

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/152039413

Edited by Sunn_shine - 3 years ago
Sunn_shine thumbnail

Ek jagah hi itni late ho jata hai mujhe.. do do kaise hoega..😆

Sunn_shine thumbnail

Ho gaya.. but it's better you skip. Khud read karke samjha nahi ki kya kiya maine ðŸ¤£