Mishta 🤗

Arey I am fined such sad because Ankiw diswoned me.. 😒🤔

Sunn_shine thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: ilazyair

So meenu finally returns from hibernation🤣😆

We're all here for you! 🤗

Hahaa..Riyaa  you are too cute.. lockdown ke andar lockdown.. inception of Lockdowns for me.

Love you 🤗

chavi12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Sunn_shine

Chavi, next update is up for tomorrow. Thank you for following up on this and sorry for the delay..

Waiting 

Sunn_shine thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aaaaa90

Tnk u for a warm welcome eagerly waiting for next part 😊

You are most welcone Agent 90 😎🤗

Chapter 20A coming up in a while (15 minutes) and 20B will be up by tonight.. thank you.

I am not sure if it meets the expectations but I tried.. 

Sunn_shine thumbnail

Part 20A coming up in 15 min.. thanks Chavi 🤗

Sunn_shine thumbnail

Chhan se jo toote koi sapna...jag suna suna lage

.. jag suna.suna lage 😭

Sunn_shine thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sunn_shine

Chhan se jo toote koi sapna...jag suna suna lage

.. jag suna.suna lage 😭

Ye galiya (forum) kisi.kaam ke nahi😭

Sunn_shine thumbnail

Ham bewafa hargiz na the.. 

Jane humne koi dokha diya.. jane tumhe koi dhokha huaaa....😭😪😢😭

Sunn_shine thumbnail

Hello Amazing Peoplesmiley31

I have tried to write this update which is in two parts again because of the length as I couldn't stop myself to keep it any short like always. This is how things took place inside my mind and I am not sure if it's as per your expectations or not. 

So thank you in advance for reading and apologise too if it is not what you expected. 

Thanks everyone for your love and support.

Love

Sunshinesmiley31

CHAPTER 22

SAME DAY (SUN)

MUMBAI AIRPORT

4.15 PM

"Aditya.. STOP.. please.." Menaka screamed from behind as she saw Aditya walking towards his car in the parking lot. He turned back once to look at her, but shaking his head he kept walking. He unlocked his car and sat in the driver's seat. Menaka struggling in her heels ran after him, opening the other door she sat next to him.

Aditya closed his eyes, resting his hands on the steering wheel he rubbed his forehead in frustration.

"What?? Why are you doing this Menaka? I just told you I need some time, is it too much to ask for?" said Aditya.

"I know Aditya, and I am sorry for doing this. But us din ke baad se you have stopped talking to me.. what else am I supposed to do? I just want to talk. Please" Menaka looked at her brother with pleading eyes. 

Aditya took a deep breath and asked "what about your car?"

"My driver will get it" said Menaka, looking hopeful to finally get a chance to talk to him.

"Hmmm" Aditya, looked away and brought the car engines to life. 

Soon both the siblings were in the silence of Aditya's house. He served some drinks and snacks and sat on the couch. 

"Bolo" said Aditya, he wasn't very happy about the whole situation they were in at that moment.

Menaka got on her knees in front of him and held his hands like she always did when she had something important to discuss or wanted something from her brother, who she knew did everything for her happiness. Out of both her brothers Aditya loved her the most as she had spent a lot more time with him as a child and he took care of her just like a parent.

"Kya chahiye" said Aditya, he knew his sister too well. He himself found it really hard to see her like that but he couldn't forgive her too for what she had done. 

Menaka looked at him with teary eyes and lowered her head in his hands. 

"I need your help Adi" she closed her eyes and Aditya could feel her warm tears on the back of his hand. It killed him to see her like that, but she herself was responsible for her own situation. No matter how much he wanted he couldn't do much.

"I need your help to find my way back to my love, I have waited so long. I want to be with Rishabh, I want to be with kukki.." Menaka felt Aditya pulling his hands from hers, but she tightened her grip and didn't let him. 

"I know mujhse bhaut badi galti hui hai aur chah ke bhi I can't reverse my mistake. I wish there was a way to, but I can't. But does that mean I don't deserve another chance?" 

She lifted her head and looked into his eyes "you tell me, if you were in my place.. and you had a chance, wouldn't you want to get Ara back? You left her because you didn't agree with her decisions. You hurt her too, galti to tumse bhi hui, hum dono ne hi un logo ko sabse zyada taqleef phonchai hai jinse hum sabse zyada pyaar karte hain. Agar wo aaj yaha hoti to, wouldn't she have forgiven you?" Menaka's words broke him inside.

His anger was replaced by guilt and grief. He could feel what Menaka must be going through seeing Rishabh back in Mumbai.

Aditya pulled his hands and stood leaning against a wall, away from his sister as her words were affecting him.

Menaka reached him and hugged from side "I don't intend to hurt you, all I am trying to say is that I am going through the same guilt that you do. Difference is that I still have a chance and I need your help"

"Main chahu to bhi I am incapable of helping you Menaka, RB nahi manega. Aur kaise kahu main use kuch bhi.. didn't you see him the other day? Sab dekha tumne to kaise…"

"I know Adi.. I am at fault. I don't want you to do anything or say anything to him. All I want is a chance to be near him, a chance to explain myself and a chance to apologise and to tell him that I regret everything. Kya pata mere liye na sahi, pr kukki ki liye hi maan jaye. kukki ko bhi Mom ki zarurat hai aur wo bhi ye janta hai. I saw him at school that day, his hurt, his helplessness, I saw it all" Menaka tightened her grip around his arm.

"What do you want from me?" asked Aditya looking up at the roof, wiping his tears with his free hand.

"I want you to involve me with AMRA"

Aditya was stunned and he looked at her with a shocked face. He freed his arm and sat back on the couch.

"What are you saying.. h..how can I.. RB.. he.. he won't agree to this.." Aditya was blabbering all the questions that rose in his mind. No way Menaka could miss his restlessness.

Menaka sat on the coffee table and lifted his face and made him look at her. "I know RB will resist, he will do everything to keep me away from anything that has any connection with him. But …"

Aditya retorted with frustration "but what? You want me to hurt him? Haven't I done enough already? I risked his health for God's sake.. sab meri wajah se.." 

"Don't you think he deserves a life partner, someone who cares for him, shares his responsibilities? Don't you think kukki deserves a Mom? Don't you think I love him enough to keep him happy? Tell me please?" Menaka looked at him with eyes begging for help.

"Didn't you lose all this already?"

"Haan hui mujhse galti, kitni baar kahu" Menaka broke again. She wiped her face and continued.

"Main chahti hu ki mujhe ek mauka dedo wo theek karne ka jiske wajah se maine wo thoda bhaut bhi kho diya tha jo mere pass tha"

"Wo nahi manega, Menaka. Why don't you understand. I gave you two a chance to talk, did he even listen?"

"Look.. Adi look at me" she made him look at him again. "This was Ara's dream and she only wanted for all of us to work on this together. She gave you the responsibility to build this dream of hers. RB ne sirf isey set kiya hai.. wo bhi chahta tha ki tum isey start karo warna uske liye isey shuru karne mein kitna waqt lagta. He waited for you, after she left us all. If you tell him how Ara involved all of us then I am sure wo manega, we both know how much she meant to him. Shayad mann se na mane par manega"

Aditya shut his eyes and covered his face as he was unsure.

"Also I am not asking for full time involvement, some board meetings, weekly ya bi-weekly discussions that's it. Rest I will carve my way. I am not leaving THRIVE. All I am asking from you is help me find that window to reach out to him. All I need is a chance Adi" 

Menaka came down on her knees on the floor and joined her hands pleading to him in a shaky voice. "You are my only hope. Please help before I lose myself.. please" She lowered her head in his lap and cried repeating her words to him. 

Aditya could barely look at her in that condition and he kissed over her hair, caressing it. Holding her hands he pulled her up on the couch and she hugged him from the side. 

"I don't know Menaka, where this will lead us all. But I will give you this one last chance" Menaka lifted her head and looked at him with hope in her eyes. "I am risking everything I got back after 10 long years, my friend, and a chance to be around Kukki. I am risking it all again for you, like I did 10 years back..you better make the best of it. And remember this is the last time, if you don't succeed this time I won't be able to help"

Menaka's eyes sparkled with tears of happiness. "Thank you so much. Thank you"

Aditya gave her a weak smile and closed his eyes, leaned back on the couch exhausted of his own thoughts.

"I must go now" he heard Menaka after a while.

"Stay here, kal chali jana. I don't want you to be alone today" he said with his eyes still closed. 

Menaka sat back on the smaller couch, removing her shoes, she lifted her legs and held her knees close to her chest. Leaning back, she closed her eyes, embracing the silence that reflected the peace she felt inside her in that moment.

TWO WEEK LATER

ACHARYA FOUNDATION

Reading Room, 4.30 PM

Prerna was in the reading room sipping her tea while working. With a tea mug in her hand she was going through the magazine section when she stopped at one of the Business magazines.

The cover page had one headline in bold with a small introductory write up. One name caught her attention and she picked it up to read. 

"KAMIKAZE - BORN TO DIE"

NEW WAY TO COMPETE?

Bajaj Infragiant that holds 55% shares in Turkey Hills launched a new product In Indian Market to kill it within months from launch and take it's competition down along with it. Many called the launch of Clear Craze in response to Fizz Crystal, a suicidal step, was it one? Read to know about "this deliberate act of self destruction" which is already a subject of case studies for business students.

Prerna had a smile as she saw Bajaj Infragiant and opened the magazine to read the entire article. It was a long read, but an enjoyable one. Prerna had a confused view about it by the time she ended it. She couldn't understand if that was a smart move or was it an unethical step to kill the competition. She could not make her mind as to what she felt about such a cunning strategy. She was lost in her thoughts when she received a call from Aditya. 

Prerna involuntarily smiled because she thought he could help her get a bit of a clarification being a part of the business fraternity for a long time and Rishabh's friend. She was excited yet she didn't want to make it too obvious.

"Hi Prerna, I am sorry if I am disturbing at work but I can't find the revised allocations file in my emails or should I just say I am too lazy to go through all the emails. So if you could send it, it will be a huge favour"

Prerna smiled and said "I will send it right away, stay on the call" she went back to her laptop on the table and searched for the requested email.

"Okay. By the way, how are you? How is it to be back at Acharyas?" he asked.

"Ohh it's going great. I must say after spending some time with you and on AMRA projects, I have become better. Even Ms. Acharya and Ayesha noticed that change. And now I am heading a project on my own. So thank you so much for all your help" 

"That's great. I told you it's a huge opportunity, didn't I? But you still went back" Said Aditya, excited for her achievements.

"By the way Aditya, I just read an article in one of the business magazines about some Kamikaze strategy, Clear Craze, etc by Bajaj Infragiant. Isn't it the same that your friend RB, Rishabh Bajaj owns?" She waited to hear from him.

"Ohh yes, he is a genius. Noone ever saw it coming. Everyone including me thought it was just a stupid launch because the drink was pathetic. But it was pathetic because it was designed to be terrible" Prerna heard him laughing on the other end.

"But isn't it a bit harsh or should I say somewhat an unethical way of competing with a rival?" Prerna asked with a bit of hesitation.

Aditya chuckled and said "Prerna, many times cheeze waisi nahi hoti jaise wo dikhti hai. We hear and read things and based on that we form opinions, jabki backstory kisi ko pata nahi hoti"

"What do you mean?" asked a confused Prerna.

"You would be surprised to know Fizz Crystal was launched by the company Menaka works for and I was consulting them externally on that project. Today I feel ashamed to accept it, but I had my own agenda behind it. I deliberately had targeted RB because I was mad at him for a few things of the past. Our launch if successful, would have eaten into his share of business a big time, resulting in significant losses for his organisation"

Prerna could sense regret in his voice.

"So when he launched Clear Craze, it was more to protect his own company from the losses and less of an attack on Menaka's Fizz Crystal. We, rather everyone, failed to understand his move and by the time we realised it was too late. That's a part of every business, isn't it?"

"At times kuch actions dekhne mein attack lagte hain but if we get into the depth, it can also be an act of defence or protection. Protecting something precious, protecting something you can't afford to lose. 10 sal pehle mujhe bhi aisa laga that he deliberately attacked me to take revenge but ab 10 saal ke baad I got to know he just wanted to protect me. Aur is galatfehmi ke wajah se I lost 10 years of my life away from all those who loved me" Aditya was quiet for a moment.

"So Prena it's better not to judge anyone just by what you hear or read or see, try to know the real person. Telling you by experience, nothing can make for the time lost"

"Aur ye bhi to socho, agar Rishabh waisa hota jaisa he is projected in the business world- a ruthless business shark, do you think I'd want my only sister I love the most and him to be together? As far as business is concerned, there is cut throat competition out there and one has to take decisions that may sound unpleasant but there is always a reason behind those decisions. How a person functions in business or work doesn't become his/her identity in personal space. So spend some time to know a person before you form an opinion about them. Fir wo chahe jo bhi ho, Basanti ke bacche bhi. Okay" he didn't hear anything from the other side.

"Are you there, Prerna?"

"Yes.. I am here. Sorry I was just …"

"Sorry I gave you too much gyaan I guess but you will learn with time" he said with a smile. "Arey did you find the file?"

"Oh yes..the file" Prerna hit the send button and she could hear the notification sound from the other side. 

"Received. Thanks Prerna. It's always a pleasure speaking with you. Take care" 

Prerna read the entire article again and now she could see it in a different light after her discussion with Aditya. "Will I ever be able to come up with out of the box ideas" she smiled and went back to her work.

A knock on the door and she found Bandana at the doorstep. In a low voice Bandana said "we have someone special in room 2, come fast. You do not want to miss it"

Prerna looked at excited Bandana and nodded in affirmation. She picked up her laptop and bag and followed Bandana. As soon as Prerna entered room 2, she found it jam packed, full of women and kids seated on the floor while staff stood in the corners somehow squeezing themselves in the available space. Everyone looked at a couple who sat in front with Ayesha. Bandana joined Ayesha and the couple while Prerna stood leaning against a wall near the door.

The girl must be in her early twenties while the man looked like in his late 20's or early 30's. They looked happy together and answered every question thrown at them patiently. Hearing the conversations Prerna sensed that the girl, who everyone addressed as Moni or Monidi, belonged to Basanti. While the man, Jagatda was an ex-employee of Acharya Foundation and now ran his own NGO with Moni focusing on women issues. Bandana clearly looked very proud of both these people and extremely excited to have these two visit for a small chat. 

Soon everyone began to leave the room as the Q and A session got over except Moni, Jagat, Bandana and Ayesha. Bandana called Prerna and she sat next to her. 

"Moni, this is Prerna. Baki sabko to tum janti ho, inhone abhi kuch time pehle hi hamein join kiya hai" said Bandana.

Moni joined her hands and greeted Prerna with a smile to die for "aapse milke bhaut acha laga didi. Aap jaise logo ki wajah se hum jaise logo ko nayi life ka chance milta hai, warna jhuggi jhopdi mein rehne walo ki zindagi ki to koi keemat hi nahi hai" Prerna could feel genuine gratitude in her voice.

"Agar Bandana Mam aur Jagatji nahi to hote to hum to shayad zinda bhi.." Moni looked at Bandana and said "Aap humein yaha nahi layi hoti to pata nahi hamari zindagi kaisi hoti"

"Aisa nahi kehte Moni, tum himmat nahi karti to kaise koi kuch kar pata" said Bandana. "Acha tum Prerna ke sath baitho, jagat aur hum thodi der mein aate hain"

Moni looked at retreating figures of Bandana, Jagat and Ayesha and said "Pata hai didi, in sabne hamari bhaut madad ki hai. Khaskar se Jagatji, jo ab hamare husband hain" Prerna could see her eyes glisten with happiness and pride as she spoke of Jagat.

"Kaise mili tum Ms. Acharya aur Jagatji ko?" asked Prerna.

"Hum basanti mein rehte the. 16-17 saal ke the jab humein bittu se pyaar hua, wo pados wali colony mein rehta tha. Bhaut zyada pyaar karte the usey hum aur wo bhi pagalo ki tarah hamse pyaar karta tha. Pr ghar wale nahi chahte the ki hum sath mein rahe. Hum gareeb ghar se the, dahej ke naam pe kuch khaas nahi de sakte the. Phir bhi Bittu ne apne ghar walo ko manaya aur jaise hi hum 18 ke hue, humne shaadi kar li. Kuch mahine sab theek chala par fir uske gharwalon ke tane shuru ho gaye, dheere dheere baat chhoti chhoti cheezon se paise mange pe aa gai. Jab tak hamare papa the, wo kuch na kuch karke maang puri kar dete the. Par shaadi ke ek saal baad wo humein chhodke chale gaye" Moni gulped a lump in her throat. Prerna could feel her pain as she lost her father too.

"Aur phir, baat is hadd tak phonch gai ki sabne hamare upar haath uthana shuru kar diya. Paisa kaha se se lati hamari Maa. Bittu driver tha, to kaam ki wajah se bahar rehta tha, aur jab ghar aata tab bhi wo hamein hi samjhata tha. Hum uski baat maan bhi jate the kyunki uski koi galti nahi thi. Par ek din Bittu ki Maa aur hamari Maa ja jhagda hua aur unhone meri Maa ko chori ke jhoote ilzaam mein jail bhej diya. Us din hamein samajh aa gaya ki jo bhi ho ab hum waha nahin reh sakte the. Hum sab kuch chhod ke ghar aa gaye. Humne bhaut koshish ki par police ne Maa ko nahi chhoda. Tab waha hum Jagatji se mile jo yaha kaam krte the aur aksar Basanti aate jate rehte the. Unhone na sirf hamari Maa ko chhudane mein madad ki balki hum mein itni himmat badai ki hum un logo pr case karein, jo humne kiya bhi. Bittu ko ye baat pasand nahin ayi aur wo aya humein samjhane. Par hum kaise wapas jate waha, jaha humari koi izzat nahi, ek qaidi banke jee rahe the hum waha. Ek naye parivar ke liye apni Maa ke sath aisa kaise hone dete"

"Aas pass walo ne bhaut zor dala pr hum ne apna faisla nahi badla kyuki Bandanaji aur Jagatji khade the humare sath. Tab samajh aaya ki padhai karne se insaan ke andar kitna vishwas aa jata hai. Humne Bittu ko talaq ke kagaz bhijwa diye kyunki hum nahi jana chahte the us duniya mein wapas. Uske baad Bandanaji ne hume yaha kaam karne ka mauka diya, taki hum apni Ma aur apna khayal khud rakh sakein. 4 saal humne is NGO mein Jagatji ke sath kaam kiya. Tab jana ki zindagi jeena kya hota hai. Unhone humein apne pairon par khade hona sikhaya. Dusron se pehle apni izzat karna sikhaya. Humne padai ki, abhi Engliss mein thode kamzor hai per wo bhi seekh jayenge" she said with a smile and determination as she saw Jagat at a distance, discussing something with Bandana and Ayesha through the open door.

"Wo ek aise insaan hai jinke upar hum aankh band karke bharosa karte hain. Wo kabhi kuch galat nahi hone denge humare sath. Isliye 1 saal pehle humne unhe wo kehte hain na english mein purpose kar diya" Prerna couldn't help but smile when she saw Moni's blushing face as she said those last words. 

"Agar hum us waqt unhe na poochte to kho dete humesha ke liye" Moni took a deep breath and she had a content smile on her face as she looked at Jagat lovingly.

Though Prerna had never met this girl who was a couple of years younger to her in age, she felt connected. "Moni, agar bura na mano to ek baat poochun? Tum chaho to jawab mat dena"

"Poochiye na didi, Jawab hoga to zaroor denge" said Moni with a smile.

"Tumne kaha tum Bittu se pyaar karti thi, to kabhi aisa nahi laga ki uske pass wapas chali jaao? Kahi alag ghar banake reh lo, agar pareshani bas ghar walo se thi?"

"Didi pyaar karte the, bhaut zyada pyaar karte the. Par ye bhi to nahi bhool sakte ki us pyaar ki wajah se kya kuch nahi saha humne. Shayad zindagi bhar us ghar ki naukrani banke reh jate. Aur alag ghar banake kya milta? Usey uske ghar se dur karne ka ilzaam bhi humi pe aata. Na hi hum nahi chahte the kim hamari wajah se koi ghar bikhar jaye. Uske ghar wale usey to bhaut pyaar karte the bas hamein hi apna nahi paye. Pr aaj hum azad hai apne faisle khud lene ke liye, waisi zindagi jeene ke liye jo hum jaise log sapne mein bhi nahi soch sakte"

"Aur hum kam pade-likhe zaroor the didi, bewakoof nahi. Aapki tarah pade likhe hote to bhaut pehle hi samajh jate, aur shayad hamare gharwalo ko wo sab nahi sehna padta"

Prerna was hit in a place where it hurt the most. She herself had always kept her self respect and dreams at the bay because she was so much in love that she saw nothing beyond the person she loved, not even her own family. All Prerna could do was give a forced smile to hide her awkwardness, because how easy it was for a person like Moni to think that she would take a stand for herself and her family in such a situation. But reality was so different, she didn't.

"Jagatji? Unse bhi waisa hi pyaar.." Prerna hesitated to ask her question but Moni held her hand and said "nahi.. Jagatji se waisa pyaar nahi karte aur na kar sakte hain. Aur karna bhi nahi chahte. Pyaar koi ek hi tareeke se to nahi hota na didi. Wo humari izzat karte hai, unke sath humein kisi baat ka dar nahi lagta, wo aas pass hota hai to hum jante hai ki sab theek ho jayega, hum jab chahe unse baat kar sakte hain. Ye sab bhi to pyaar hi hai, hum to kahenge pyaar se bhi zaruri hai. Pyaar karna to sabko aa jata hai but dusro ki izzat karna wo sabko nahi ata. Khaskar ladkiyon ki izzat to waise bhi kitni hai wo sab hum sab jante hi hai" 

Moni smilingly whispered in Prerna's ears "aapko pata hai Jagatji to ab bhi hamara haath pakadne se darte hain. Par hum intezaar karne ke liye tayyar hain" Prerna shook her head as she saw her giggling, mischief reflecting in her eyes. 

Prerna showed her thumb up and said "All the best Moni" and they both shared a hearty laughter together.

"Uski zarurat Jagatji ko hai" Moni said looking at confused Jagat who heard her as he came inside with Bandana.

Jagat asked Moni with a hand gesture "kya hua?"

"Kuch nahi hum didi ko bata rahe the aap humein kitna pyaa..." Moni teased Jagat.

Jagat didn't let her complete and said "bhaut hua Moni. Ab chalein" Prerna didn't fail to notice how shy Jagat was and how these two communicated just with their eyes.

"Moni, Jagat chalo jis kaam se aaye ho wo to kar lein" Prerna was clueless, but she followed Bandana and everyone into a hall kind of room. 

She saw several photo frames hanging on all 4 walls. Some looked prominent in bigger frames on a wall, while the rest of the walls had smaller frames with smiling faces just like Moni and Jagat. 

One of the office helps came with something wrapped in brown paper. Bandana gave it to Moni and Jagat and said "Chalo, do the honours"

Moni excitedly unwrapped it and had a huge smile while she caressed her and Jagat's photograph in grayscale. The couple hung the frame together in an empty slot. Prerna could see, Moni reaching for his hand and intertwining her fingers into his while admiring their picture on the wall. Moni turned to look back at Prerna and winked at her. Prerna smiled and closed her eyes to congratulate her for the little progress she made with Jagat.

While everyone was busy celebrating the new member of the "Hall of The Fame" wall, Prerna decided to take a walk across the room. She had no idea such a place existed there. She smiled and sometimes caressed the photographs as she read their names and a little write up on their little achievements. Things which may not be of any importance to the world, but for them they were the biggest leap of faith, when each one of them decided to take hold of their own life and destiny. 

"Prerna did I tell you next sat, we are celebrating foundation day of our NGO. It also happens to be my father's birthday who came up with the idea years ago" said Bandana, joining Prerna.

"Congratulations Ms. Acharya, so celebration time it is" said Prerna.

"Kind of. We never did anything too lavish. We mostly keep it between us all employees. While you were in Mumbai, we as a team decided to get Basanti kids here this time and plan a night out with them with some activities and food. Saturday hai to bacchon ko school bhi miss nahi karna padega"

"Ms. Acharya, that's an amazing idea. Let's rent out some camping tents, I am sure they will love it. We have enough space and I'll find a donor. I would like to share the responsibility for making the arrangements"

"Sure, speak with Ayesha and the organizing team. More hands the better. By the way are you okay Prerna? Jab se you are back from Mumbai, you look a bit lost. Not that you are not doing a commendable job, but a thought crossed my mind. Isliye socha pooch lena behtar hai"

"Thanks for your concern, but aisa kuch nahi hai Ms. Acharya. It's just kuch questions hai mind mein jinka answer I am trying to find" Prerna said holding her laptop close to her heart. Bandana didn't fail to notice Prerna fidgeted with the corner of her laptop.

"Prerna, I don't think mujhe ye batane ki zarurat hai. But kabhi mann kare share karne ka to I promise each and every member of Acharya Foundation is there for you, including me"

Prerna nodded with a smile and thanked Ms. Acharya.

"I know. I must go talk to Ayesha for the Foundation Day arrangements" 

A WEEK LATER

ACHARYA'S FOUNDATION HQ

The Foundation Day 3.30 PM (Sat)

"Why is it so quiet Bandana, it doesn't sound like a celebration" asked Aditya as he hugged and congratulated her for the big day.

"Thank you Aditya, I am glad you could make it"

"Why wouldn't I? A chance to spend a night enjoying with so many kids, in this beautiful farm house cum office of yours, far away from the hustle-bustle of the city. Who would miss that, not me" Aditya said with excitement. "Btw where are the kids?"

"They all are on the way, Prerna lene gai hai unhe. They should be here any time soon." Said Bandana checking her watch.

"That's great! I hope you didn't tell her I am here. Did you?" Aditya looked at Bandana for an answer.

"Of course not. Acha chalo lets go inside" 

"I will, I just need to call my office. I'll join you in a while" Bandana agreed and went inside while Aditya called Tanvi to get an update from the office.

A van full of kids from Basanti honked outside the entry gate as a car was parked at a wrong place obstructing its way inside. Prerna reached the driver's seat and asked what the problem was. Driver told her about the car and Prerna was furious at the irresponsible behavior of whoever did that. She stepped down and asked the guard. He pointed towards a man busy on the phone under the shade of a tree, his back facing her. She took fast steps towards him and blurted in anger covering her eyes with her palm to avoid the sun. 

"Aapko itna bhi samajh nahi hai ki car ko entry gate ke pass park karenge to baki ke vehicles andar kaise ayenge…"

The person on the phone heard a known voice and took the phone off his ear. As he heard her angry voice, his lips curled into a light smile. He chuckled and shook his head and thought "she can never change, can she?"

"Aapko itna pata hona chahiye ki parking signs kaha hai? Padna to ata hi ho.."

"Aapko phir se dekh kar acha laga Ms. Sharma" 

Prerna froze in her place as she heard those words. Words she had heard before, in the voice that she could never fail to recognise. She stood there with her mouth open as she saw him in front of him with his hands in his pockets.

"M.. Mr… B.. Baj..Bajaj.. aap.. ya.yaha…" she failed to form congruent sentences. 

"Waise aapka gussa mujhse jayaz nahi hai, because whatever car you are talking about (he pointed towards the car), that doesn't belong to me. Also you need to find a better way to meet, you can't come shouting at me all the time for something I am not responsible for" Prerna recalled their first meeting when she just barged inside Bajaj Mansion accusing him of sending Anurag behind the bars.

Security guard came running and stopped next to Prerna "Madam, wo car inki nahi un sahab ki hai" he said pointing towards another man who was busy talking to a staff member not very far from Rishabh. 

Rishabh raised his brows and gave her a  'see, I told you' look and turned back to finish his call.

Prerna just stood there, paralysed by her own mind and body, her eyes transfixed at Rishabh. In lack of any response from her, the guard said "hum khud hi keh dete hain" and left the two. 

Finishing his call he looked back and found her  in the same place as still as a pole. "Ms. Sharma.. aap theek hain?" Prerna's eyes looked like they'd pop out any moment. 

Aditya joined them too and he broke into a loud laugh when he looked at Prerna's face.

"Prerna??? You look like you've seen a ghost" said Aditya shaking her by the shoulders. "Are you okay?"

Rishabh drew his brows together wondering if Aditya and Prerna knew each other, if not surprised he was a bit curious for sure.

She didn't remove her eyes from Rishabh even for  a fraction of second and just blabbered "Mr. Bajaj. Yaha.." 

"Ms. Sharma are you okay?" Rishabh asked again as he was now seriously getting worried for her.

Now was the time for Aditya to get shocked as he looked at Prerna and then at Rishabh. 

"You guys know each other?" Said Aditya, he shook Prerna again.

That's when Prerna realised what had happened in those few minutes. Mr. Bajaj was right in front of her and Aditya was trying to bring her out of her trance. She didn't know what to say or what she felt that moment. She was in a state of shock and surprise. 

"Prerna, are you okay" asked Aditya, again.

"Wo Mr. Bajaj yaha... wo aur main.."

Thinking Prerna was not comfortable enough to say anything about them, Rishabh came to her rescue and said "Ms. Sharma and I were part of a deal, a short term business proposal when I was here in Calcutta a few months back. Also Kukki and her bonded really well. In fact we connected because of Kukki, Right Ms. Sharma?" Rishabh looked at Prerna and gave her an assuring nod. 

Prerna was bewildered and disappointed, rather she felt dejected at how Rishabh introduced her to Aditya.

"Isn't he comfortable enough to tell that we got married?" She thought.

"Here I was thinking I will give you two a surprise, especially you Prerna because Mumbai mein chah kar bhi tum logo ko mila nahi paya ulta tum dono ne mujhe surprise kar diya. How small can this world be" said Aditya, reaching Rishabh's side.

Rishabh pressed his lips and just smiled. 

"You know RB, Prerna is a star performer of this NGO and she worked with me on AMRA's initial projects. Ye nahi hoti to itna fast sab nahi hota. I so wanted you two to meet but mujhe kya pata tha tum dono to pehle se hi..."

A light smile crossed Rishabh's lips as he heard about her accomplishments. While Prerna just stared at him, confusing him a bit with her behaviour.

Bandana came out of the building and called for Aditya. Rishabh followed Aditya but he stopped when he heard Prerna.

"Mr. Bajaj.." said Prerna.

He turned and looked at her. 

"Wo aapne abhi jo kaha…" 

He didn't let her finish her sentence and said "I know many people know you here and you have a new life. But you don't have to worry, our little deal won't affect any of it. Just consider it never happened" he smiled.

Prerna felt a weight in her chest and stood there like a statue and just whispered "Is kukki here..". This didn't go unheard by Rishabh.

"Kukki is here too and don't worry I will explain it to her, as soon as she wakes up" he said and walked away.

Prerna just saw his blurry figure moving away from her through her teary eyes. "Have I failed Mr. Bajaj so much, that he feels people knowing about us, will cause problems in my life"

Prerna came out of her thoughts as she felt a tug to her dupatta. She looked down and found a little kid from Basanti. Wiping her face, she came down and the kid said "Prernadi, aapko andar Ayeshadi bula rahi hai". 

"Chalo" Prerna held her hand and went inside. 

Part 23- Page 71 https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/153164760

Link to other stories-

I AM HOME (One Shot)- completed

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/153085293

THE MIRROR (Two Chapters)- completed

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/152168455

EPIPHANY (5 chapters)- Completed  

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/152039413

Edited by Sunn_shine - 3 years ago
Sunn_shine thumbnail