TRP hunger and differences in fandom people affected KHKT badly

Sree_mk thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I am watching KHKT from the starting and I didn't missed any episode till now. As KHKT is ending this week, I thought to share my opinion about KHKT here. Up to 82 episodes, KHKT is very impressive in terms of content and we got beautiful episodes back to back. I mainly liked some tracks like exposing Sumit, teejri episodes, fake gf-bf track and Mathre track very much. Church episode is my most favourite episode in KHKT. To get high TRP, channel and makers ruined KHKT day by day after marriage track. They didn't even given 2 to 3 episodes for newly married couple. The makers gave very fast paced episodes after the proposal of Ronakshi. We didn't even got courtship period of Ronakshi before marriage. They spoiled marriage track and mixed it with stalker track. They started one track after another track without giving closure to previous tracks properly. 

They continuously gave dramatic episodes back to back with added 2-3 minutes of Ronakshi scenes like lollipops to fans in every episode. Makers started butchering characters after Tapasya track. First they used Sonakshi character to create drama in KHKT, they changed all characters nature starting from Sona, total sippy family and lastly Rohit. These all are not gave any TRP to makers and channel.

Social media buzz is also important for any serial. In KHKT, all fans are united until Tapasya track. After they started using Sona character for create drama( mainly showed Sona as emotionally vulnerable in Rani track which is opposite to regular Sona), lot of Sonakshi fans got disappointed and showed their disappointment in social media. But some other lead fans bashed these Sonakshi fans and criticized Sonakshi character in social media beyond limit and dragged DKI in all these in twitter. After that, some people leaved commenting about KHKT using hashtag after disoppointed with some fans behaviour in twitter.They all commented about KHKT without using official hashtag. After that, KHKT not trended regularly in social media in morning. These differences and some toxic behavior of fans in twitter affected KHKT. I am sure every maker will stalk hashtag to know about fans reaction on episodes. Channel will also look all these social media buzz. Sponsors of show will also look all these fans activities in social media. So, male lead versus female lead or over criticizing of any lead character will always lead downfall of any show beyond limit. I think fans have to be behave sensible in social media. To hype your favourite lead, don't degrade other lead guys. Both leads and their characters are equally important for any show. Unity is more important in any fandom and for any show.

P.S: I think because of DKI and KVG, and their chemistry, KHKT sustained this much irrespective of all worst tracks makers and channel given to us back to back.

Edited by Sree_mk - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arko1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

I agree with the part where KHKT became overdramatic after marriage. I mean there were,not even two episodes of peace after marriage. They rushed to bring that ass Rani track in the show. I was so overwhelmed by this ! I simply hated the fact that we never got SR, reception, honeymoon track and the most track which could gave KHKT a new dimension i.e Sona's ssc track. Easily they could have reached 2.5+ ratings because marriage track got 2.1+ it means audience were excited to see the after marriage story of Ronakshi. What we usually expect. You see if they extended the reception party track for one week trp would have been 2.3+ and honeymoon track could have made 2.5+ at default ! But Alas ! Nothing more to say !

RonakshiFan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sree_mk

I am watching KHKT from the starting and I didn't missed any episode till now. As KHKT is ending this week, I thought to share my opinion about KHKT here. Up to 82 episodes, KHKT is very impressive in terms of content and we got beautiful episodes back to back. I mainly liked some tracks like exposing Sumit, teejri episodes, fake gf-bf track and Mathre track very much. Church episode is my most favourite episode in KHKT. To get high TRP, channel and makers ruined KHKT day by day after marriage track. They didn't even given 2 to 3 episodes for newly married couple. The makers gave very fast paced episodes after the proposal of Ronakshi. We didn't even got courtship period of Ronakshi before marriage. They spoiled marriage track and mixed it with stalker track. They started one track after another track without giving closure to previous tracks properly. 

They continuously gave dramatic episodes back to back with added 2-3 minutes of Ronakshi scenes like lollipops to fans in every episode. Makers started butchering characters after Tapasya track. First they used Sonakshi character to create drama in KHKT, they changed all characters nature starting from Sona, total sippy family and lastly Rohit. These all are not gave any TRP to makers and channel.

Social media buzz is also important for any serial. In KHKT, all fans are united until Tapasya track. After they started using Sona character for create drama( mainly showed Sona as emotionally vulnerable in Rani track which is opposite to regular Sona), lot of Sonakshi fans got disappointed and showed their disappointment in social media. But some other fans, bashed these Sonakshi fans and criticized Sonakshi character in social media beyond limit and dragged DKI in all these in twitter. After that, some people leaved commenting about KHKT using hashtag after disoppointed with some fans behaviour in twitter.They all commented about KHKT without using official hashtag. After that, KHKT not trended regularly in social media in morning. These differences and some toxic behavior of fans in twitter affected KHKT. I am sure every maker will stalk hashtag to know about fans reaction on episodes. Channel will also look all these social media buzz. Sponsors of show will also look all these fans activities in social media. So, male lead versus female lead or over criticizing of any lead character will always lead downfall of any show beyond limit. I think fans have to be behave sensible in social media. To hype your favourite lead, don't degrade other lead guys. Both leads and their characters are equally important for any show. Unity is more important in any fandom and for any show.

P.S: I think because of DKI and KVG, and their chemistry, KHKT sustained this much irrespective of all worst tracks makers and channel given to us back to back.

this Twitter thing not aware as I started stalking hashtag only recently when off air news came but you are right about post marriage changes in script as well as sonakshi😔nobody liked the way sonakshi was turned to a dumb woman acting recklessly from a smart independent lady.I wish this had not happened to our show

xNandix thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I said this as well. The makers deviated from the concept. When the promos were released, Ronakshi were shown on a date and the VO mentioned something about how will they handle their relationshp whilst being from two different professions? They didn’t give  their courtship/dating period, straight away rushed into marriage in episode 116 and from then on, every single character started to get butchered and illogical tracks were brought in to increase the trps. Nothing which was depicted in the promos was ever shown. 

Sree_mk thumbnail

Originally posted by: RonakshiFan

this Twitter thing not aware as I started stalking hashtag only recently when off air news came but you are right about post marriage changes in script as well as sonakshi😔nobody liked the way sonakshi was turned to a dumb woman acting recklessly from a smart independent lady.I wish this had not happened to our show

Hey, I followed KHKT fandom both in twitter and IF. Any day I will say IF fans are much better than twitter fans regarding KHKT. More than half of the fandom people in twitter were disappointed by the way makers changed Sonakshi character basic nature and used Sona character to create drama. Sona is always sorted, emotionally strong and independent women. But they portrayed Sona as emotionally vulnerable character from Rani track and it continued till Sona knows about Nishi actual face. Wish makers didn't adopted this way to create drama. Because lead characters are very important for any serial.

maaloo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I am not sure if the fandom fights affected the show (I am not active on the platform so am not aware), but the deviation from the original concept definitely hurt the show bad. 

The scampering for TRP numbers and changing character sketches to accommodate changing story lines was what hurt the show the most. 

For this to change, ITV channel ideologies need to change. I understand the economics of sustaining a channel but its time that channels allot a slot for those shows/stories , wherein they are not bound by the TRP numbers and are given a scope to explore their creative limits. 

With the introduction of more such shows, I am sure the viewers perception and expectations will also change which will be a positive step for ITV instead of showing the same regressive, OTT, high voltage drama which is being doled out currently. 

Sree_mk thumbnail

Originally posted by: maaloo

I am not sure if the fandom fights affected the show (I am not active on the platform so am not aware), but the deviation from the original concept definitely hurt the show bad. 

The scampering for TRP numbers and changing character sketches to accommodate changing story lines was what hurt the show the most. 

For this to change, ITV channel ideologies need to change. I understand the economics of sustaining a channel but its time that channels allot a slot for those shows/stories , wherein they are not bound by the TRP numbers and are given a scope to explore their creative limits. 

With the introduction of more such shows, I am sure the viewers perception and expectations will also change which will be a positive step for ITV instead of showing the same regressive, OTT, high voltage drama which is being doled out currently. 

Star plus already started this limited episodes serials trend. I wish ITV shows more focus on content and limited episodes serials in future. It will take time, but audience will also adopt this in future. Actors will also get scope to perform different characters and prove their talent.